|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 4 through Act II, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanschen admit to himself at the end of Act II, Scene 3?
(a) He will never be attracted to a real woman.
(b) He will be aroused by other images in the future.
(c) He will forget about the picture shortly.
(d) He will never be aroused without thinking of that picture again.
2. What does Moritz admit to considering if he flunks?
(a) Running away.
(c) Becoming a criminal.
(d) Entering the church.
3. Why does Wendla die?
(a) She is murdered to cover up her rape.
(b) Abortion pills.
(c) She is taken into custody and dies in prison.
4. To whom does Bentley relate the masked man, especially in relation to summary of morality?
5. How does Hanschen feel about the painting?
(a) He is repulsed by the woman.
(b) He is fascinated by the artistry of the picture.
(c) He is attracted to the sexuality of the painting.
(d) He is intrigued by the colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wendla's mood while she picks flowers in Act II?
2. What is a Moritat?
3. What is the name of Wendla's sister?
4. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
5. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)