|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 4 through Act II, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, what does Wendla wonder about her future?
(a) She wonders what sort of mother she will make.
(b) She wonders if she will make it to adulthood.
(c) She wonders what sort of husband she will have.
(d) She wonders what she will look like in a few years.
2. What does Moritz believe about why students will flunk out of their class?
(a) He believes that students who flunk are too smart for school.
(b) He believes students who flunk are merely lazy.
(c) He believes students that are flunked are victims of class discrimination.
(d) He believes that the school is making the class small enough to fit in next year's classroom.
3. According to Bentley's analysis, who may NOT be the masked figure at the end of the play?
4. What do the girls in Act 1, Scene 3 decide they all want one day?
5. What is Wendla's mother doing to her daughter's dress in the beginning of the play?
(a) Hemming a too-long dress.
(b) Repairing a torn sleeve.
(c) Letting down the hem of a short dress.
(d) Sewing a new one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
2. Whom does Moritz fantasize about in the last scene of the second act?
3. What does Melchior do to Wendla at the end of Act II, Scene 4?
4. What does Melchior initially believe about people who do good works?
5. In Moritz's story in Act II, Scene 1, how many heads does the king have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)