|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 3 through Act I, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in particular does Bentley highlight in his Moritat?
(b) Brotherly love.
2. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
(a) Political unrest.
(d) Sexual preference.
3. How do Martha's parents treat her?
(a) They coddle her.
(b) They abuse her.
(c) They spoil her.
(d) They treat her better than the other parents treat their children.
4. In the most sexual scene of the play, what is alluded to heavily?
(d) The Bible.
5. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
(c) Morality play.
(d) Theater of Cruelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is being celebrated for Wendla in Act I, Scene 1?
2. Who do the girls in this play find very attractive?
3. What information does Moritz discover in Act 1, Scene 4 that cheers him up?
4. What does Wendla claim about the thoughts her mother finds offensive in the first scene?
5. In what country does A Children's Tragedy take place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)