|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does the play evolve into?
2. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
(a) He is Melchior's inner child.
(b) He is Moritz's father.
(c) He is a father's voice from Melchior's subconscious.
(d) He is the voice of Melchior's conscience.
3. What is considered the most sexual scene in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Melchior explaining sex to Moritz.
(b) Wendla's rape.
(c) Ilsa's attraction to Moritz.
(d) The masturbation scene in the reformatory.
4. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Vietnam War.
5. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
(a) He has been held back in school.
(b) He believes he is gay.
(c) He feels responsible for Wendla's abortion.
(d) He gets Ilsa pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Wedekind's conflicts while writing?
2. What does Mrs. Bergmann wonder about Wendla in the first scene?
3. How is Wendla's body, in terms of maturation?
4. What favor does Moritz ask of Melchior in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Because of the objectionable content of the play, what did Wedekind have to do for the play to be printed?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)