|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys in Act 1, Scene 2 complain about?
2. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
(a) He gets Ilsa pregnant.
(b) He has been held back in school.
(c) He believes he is gay.
(d) He feels responsible for Wendla's abortion.
3. What do Melchior and Moritz talk about when they are alone in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In what way is the love between Moritz and Melchior described?
5. What does Moritz believe about why students will flunk out of their class?
(a) He believes that the school is making the class small enough to fit in next year's classroom.
(b) He believes students who flunk are merely lazy.
(c) He believes that students who flunk are too smart for school.
(d) He believes students that are flunked are victims of class discrimination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the Moritat in the introduction?
2. How is Wendla's body, in terms of maturation?
3. According to the masked man, what is morality?
4. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
5. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)