|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introduction, what is NOT one of the mentioned allusions in the play?
(d) The Bible.
2. What is considered the most sexual scene in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) The masturbation scene in the reformatory.
(b) Ilsa's attraction to Moritz.
(c) Wendla's rape.
(d) Melchior explaining sex to Moritz.
3. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
(a) Wedekind's political alliances.
(b) The sexual content.
(c) The criticism of Germany's role in Hitler's rise to power.
(d) Wedekind's sexuality.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(c) Melchior's home.
5. In what form does the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Wedekind's conflicts while writing?
2. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
3. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
4. What excuse does Moritz give in order to escape the discussion about sex?
5. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)