|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of characters are the women in A Children's Tragedy?
(b) Stock characters.
(c) Secondary characters.
(d) Primary characters.
2. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
(a) Korean War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
3. According to Bentley, what event in Wedekind's life influences the plot of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Coming out to his family.
(b) His girlfriend's miscarriage.
(c) His sister ran away from home.
(d) A double suicide at the author's school.
4. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
(a) He believes he is gay.
(b) He gets Ilsa pregnant.
(c) He has been held back in school.
(d) He feels responsible for Wendla's abortion.
5. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) It was scripted to take place in a blackout.
(b) Wendla was given a line that shows clear consent.
(c) Melchior does not go through with the rape.
(d) It was taken out of the script entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Wendla's body, in terms of maturation?
2. In what form does the play begin?
3. What do the boys in Act 1, Scene 2 complain about?
4. What is Melchior's relationship to Moritz?
5. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)