|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is the love between Moritz and Melchior described?
2. According to Bentley's analysis, who may NOT be the masked figure at the end of the play?
3. To whom does Bentley relate the masked man, especially in relation to summary of morality?
4. What is considered the most sexual scene in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Melchior explaining sex to Moritz.
(b) Ilsa's attraction to Moritz.
(c) The masturbation scene in the reformatory.
(d) Wendla's rape.
5. According to Bentley, what event in Wedekind's life influences the plot of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) A double suicide at the author's school.
(b) His girlfriend's miscarriage.
(c) Coming out to his family.
(d) His sister ran away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
2. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
3. Who does Bentley believe is the inspiration for the characters of Mr. and Mrs. Gabor?
4. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
5. What was censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)