|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eros according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) An instinct for death.
(c) Sexual love.
(d) An instinct for life.
2. How does Bentley describe Moritz and Melchior in relationship to each other?
(a) A surrogate fatherly relationship.
(b) The result of one person's love not being reciprocated.
(c) Extremely alike.
(d) Complete opposites.
3. According to Bentley, what event in Wedekind's life influences the plot of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) His girlfriend's miscarriage.
(b) A double suicide at the author's school.
(c) His sister ran away from home.
(d) Coming out to his family.
4. Who is the author of the introduction to the play?
(a) Eric Bentley.
(b) Frank Wedekind.
(c) Antonin Artaud.
(d) Noel Coward.
5. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
(b) It has never been produced in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
2. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
3. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
4. What theatrical genre is combined with tragedy as part of this play's complexity?
5. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)