|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in particular does Bentley highlight in his Moritat?
(c) Brotherly love.
2. During what war was the play suppressed in Germany?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
3. What sort of characters are the women in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Stock characters.
(c) Secondary characters.
(d) Primary characters.
4. In what way is the love between Moritz and Melchior described?
5. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
(a) He is Melchior's inner child.
(b) He is Moritz's father.
(c) He is the voice of Melchior's conscience.
(d) He is a father's voice from Melchior's subconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
2. What is considered the most sexual scene in A Children's Tragedy?
3. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
4. Because of the objectionable content of the play, what did Wedekind have to do for the play to be printed?
5. What is Eros according to Bentley?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)