|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
(b) It has never been produced in America.
2. What theatrical genre is combined with tragedy as part of this play's complexity?
(b) Theater of cruelty.
(d) Theater of the poor.
3. What is the function of the Moritat in the introduction?
(a) Highlights the salacious points of the play.
(b) Highlights the subtleties of the play.
(c) Highlights the political undertones of the play.
(d) Highlights the absurdities and fantastic elements of the play.
4. What happened to the play after it was first printed?
(a) It took years to produce in the complete form.
(b) It was produced immediately and became a huge hit.
(c) It was banned in Europe.
(d) There were mass book-burnings for the script.
5. What is Melchior's relationship to Moritz?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
2. Despite the complexity of A Children's Tragedy what striking aspect is the most widely known about this play?
3. In what form does the play begin?
4. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
5. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)