|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of characters are the women in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Stock characters.
(b) Primary characters.
(d) Secondary characters.
2. According to Bentley, what group of people does not like this play?
(b) Abstinence-only groups.
3. What is Melchior's relationship to Moritz?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are brothers.
4. What is considered the most sexual scene in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Ilsa's attraction to Moritz.
(b) The masturbation scene in the reformatory.
(c) Wendla's rape.
(d) Melchior explaining sex to Moritz.
5. What theatrical genre is combined with tragedy as part of this play's complexity?
(a) Theater of cruelty.
(b) Theater of the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bentley, what event in Wedekind's life influences the plot of A Children's Tragedy?
2. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
3. What is Eros according to Bentley?
4. What is a Moritat?
5. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)