|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Ilsa and Moritz's near romance.
(b) The bond between Moritz and his father.
(c) Melchior and Wendla's relationship.
(d) The friendship between Moritz and Melchior.
2. In the introduction, what is NOT one of the mentioned allusions in the play?
(a) The Bible.
3. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
(a) A masked man.
4. What was the result of Wedekind's conflicts while writing?
(a) He left his position within the government.
(b) He left the country.
(c) He moved into a commune for artists.
(d) He left home.
5. When was the play produced in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the objectionable content of the play, what did Wedekind have to do for the play to be printed?
2. What was censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
3. Despite the complexity of A Children's Tragedy what striking aspect is the most widely known about this play?
4. To whom does Bentley relate the masked man, especially in relation to summary of morality?
5. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)