|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom was Wedekind finding conflict while writing his play?
(a) His lover.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The government.
2. What is one of the first things presented in the introduction?
(a) A pie chart depicting the average number of sexually active teenagers.
(b) A graph showing the correlation between sexual activity and suicide.
(c) A timeline of Wedekind's life with emphasis on events that inspired A Children's Tragedy.
(d) A timeline of the play's publication and productions.
3. According to the masked man, what is morality?
(a) What the government says should be done.
(b) A made-up concept to keep people in line.
(c) A fallacy of "doing good."
(d) A mixture of what people think should be done and what they want to do.
4. What is Melchior's relationship to Moritz?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are enemies.
5. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
(a) The censoring of theater and literature.
(b) Wedekind's writing style.
(c) The father's authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
2. How does Bentley describe Moritz and Melchior in relationship to each other?
3. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
4. What is the function of the Moritat in the introduction?
5. What happened to the play after it was first printed?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)