|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the Moritat in the introduction?
(a) Highlights the political undertones of the play.
(b) Highlights the absurdities and fantastic elements of the play.
(c) Highlights the subtleties of the play.
(d) Highlights the salacious points of the play.
2. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Melchior and Wendla's relationship.
(b) Ilsa and Moritz's near romance.
(c) The bond between Moritz and his father.
(d) The friendship between Moritz and Melchior.
3. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) It was scripted to take place in a blackout.
(b) Melchior does not go through with the rape.
(c) It was taken out of the script entirely.
(d) Wendla was given a line that shows clear consent.
4. In what country does A Children's Tragedy take place?
5. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
(a) Wedekind's political alliances.
(b) The criticism of Germany's role in Hitler's rise to power.
(c) The sexual content.
(d) Wedekind's sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
2. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
3. What form does the play evolve into?
4. According to Bentley, what event in Wedekind's life influences the plot of A Children's Tragedy?
5. What is Eros according to Bentley?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)