|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wendla die?
(a) Abortion pills.
(c) She is taken into custody and dies in prison.
(d) She is murdered to cover up her rape.
2. Despite the complexity of A Children's Tragedy what striking aspect is the most widely known about this play?
(a) The complexity of the characters.
(b) The suicide.
(c) The sexual content.
(d) The political undertones.
3. In what country does A Children's Tragedy take place?
4. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
(b) It has never been produced in America.
5. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
(a) Sexual love.
(b) Romantic love.
(c) Driving towards death.
(d) A drive towards life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the most sexual scene of the play, what is alluded to heavily?
2. During what war was the play suppressed in Germany?
3. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
4. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
5. In the introduction, what is NOT one of the mentioned allusions in the play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)