|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten Notes: 6, God the Father, Father the God through 10, The Question of Style.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eros according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) An instinct for death.
(c) Sexual love.
(d) An instinct for life.
2. Despite the complexity of A Children's Tragedy what striking aspect is the most widely known about this play?
(a) The complexity of the characters.
(b) The sexual content.
(c) The suicide.
(d) The political undertones.
3. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
(a) Wedekind's writing style.
(c) The censoring of theater and literature.
(d) The father's authority.
4. In what decade did Wedekind write A Children's Tragedy?
5. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
(d) It has never been produced in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the most sexual scene of the play, what is alluded to heavily?
2. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
3. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
4. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
5. What was the result of Wedekind's conflicts while writing?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)