|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 1 through Act III, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture is Hanschen addressing in Act II, Scene 3?
(b) A picture of the Pieta.
(c) "Daphne and the Hunters."
2. What are Melchior's implied actions when Wendla finds him in Act II, scene 4?
3. How wide is Moritz's knowledge of maturation?
(a) He knows more about sex than the rest of his class.
(b) He has read a book with a sex scene.
(c) He is completely ignorant.
(d) He has already had sex.
4. Why is Moritz concerned about another boy's standing in his class?
(a) He is afraid that the boy will follow his lead in considering suicide.
(b) He is afraid that the boy will blame Moritz if he is not promoted.
(c) He is competing with that student for the last seat in next year's class.
(d) He is afraid that the boy will run away if he is not promoted.
5. What happened to the play after it was first printed?
(a) It was produced immediately and became a huge hit.
(b) It took years to produce in the complete form.
(c) It was banned in Europe.
(d) There were mass book-burnings for the script.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
2. What does Melchior start to do to Wendla when she begins to object in Act II, Scene 4?
3. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
4. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
5. Where does Act II, Scene 7 take place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)