|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III, Scene 1 through Act III, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite thinking of Melchior, what does Moritz resolve to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Join the church.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Drop out of school.
2. What do the girls in Act 1, Scene 3 decide they all want one day?
3. What is interesting about realism and expressionism in regards to this play?
(a) The play makes a clear stand against expressionism.
(b) The play ignores both styles and mocks them in absurdism.
(c) The play mixes both of them together.
(d) The play makes a clear stand against realism.
4. What fantasy does Wendla admit to having to Melchior?
(a) Being beaten.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Marrying Melchior.
(d) Running away.
5. When was the play produced in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moritz do when he walks Ilsa home?
2. What is the purpose of Wendla's errand in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. How does Mrs. Gabor defend Melchior after Moritz's death?
4. According to Melchior in Act II, Scene 4, what does not exist?
5. Why does Hanschen reason that he must destroy the painting?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)