|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) Driving towards death.
(c) A drive towards life.
(d) Sexual love.
2. With whom was Wedekind finding conflict while writing his play?
(a) The government.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
(d) His father.
3. How wide is Moritz's knowledge of maturation?
(a) He is completely ignorant.
(b) He has read a book with a sex scene.
(c) He has already had sex.
(d) He knows more about sex than the rest of his class.
4. What does Wendla claim about the thoughts her mother finds offensive in the first scene?
(a) She says that she overhears her mother expressing these thoughts.
(b) She says they come to her at night.
(c) She says her sister tells her these thoughts.
(d) She says she hears the girls at school expressing similar thoughts.
5. When was the play produced in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, what does Wendla wonder about her future?
2. What favor does Moritz ask of Melchior in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
4. According to Bentley's analysis, who may NOT be the masked figure at the end of the play?
5. To whom does Bentley relate the masked man, especially in relation to summary of morality?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)