|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) It was scripted to take place in a blackout.
(b) Melchior does not go through with the rape.
(c) Wendla was given a line that shows clear consent.
(d) It was taken out of the script entirely.
2. Who starts to explain sex to Moritz in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mortiz's father.
3. According to Moritz, what is designed to flunk out the students at their school?
(a) The tardiness policy.
(b) Personality tests.
(c) The absence policy.
4. For how long may Wendla wear her old dress?
(a) One more year.
(b) One more summer.
(c) One more month.
(d) One more week.
5. Despite the complexity of A Children's Tragedy what striking aspect is the most widely known about this play?
(a) The political undertones.
(b) The complexity of the characters.
(c) The suicide.
(d) The sexual content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
2. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
3. How does Moritz react when being told about sex?
4. How does Bentley describe Moritz and Melchior in relationship to each other?
5. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)