|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
(a) The bond between Moritz and his father.
(b) The friendship between Moritz and Melchior.
(c) Melchior and Wendla's relationship.
(d) Ilsa and Moritz's near romance.
2. What did people find so offensive about A Children's Tragedy when it was first written?
(a) Wedekind's political alliances.
(b) The criticism of Germany's role in Hitler's rise to power.
(c) The sexual content.
(d) Wedekind's sexuality.
3. According to Moritz, what is designed to flunk out the students at their school?
(a) The tardiness policy.
(c) Personality tests.
(d) The absence policy.
4. Who is the author of the introduction to the play?
(a) Noel Coward.
(b) Eric Bentley.
(c) Frank Wedekind.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
5. What is a Moritat?
(a) A postscript.
(b) A short poem.
(c) A short statement.
(d) A story written backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the objectionable content of the play, what did Wedekind have to do for the play to be printed?
2. In the first scene, what does Wendla wonder about her future?
3. How does Moritz react when being told about sex?
4. In what form does the play begin?
5. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)