|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Moritat?
(a) A short poem.
(b) A postscript.
(c) A story written backwards.
(d) A short statement.
2. To whom does Bentley relate the masked man, especially in relation to summary of morality?
3. How does Bentley describe Moritz and Melchior in relationship to each other?
(a) Extremely alike.
(b) A surrogate fatherly relationship.
(c) The result of one person's love not being reciprocated.
(d) Complete opposites.
4. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) It was taken out of the script entirely.
(b) Melchior does not go through with the rape.
(c) Wendla was given a line that shows clear consent.
(d) It was scripted to take place in a blackout.
5. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) A drive towards life.
(c) Driving towards death.
(d) Sexual love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
2. In what decade did Wedekind write A Children's Tragedy?
3. Because of the objectionable content of the play, what did Wedekind have to do for the play to be printed?
4. How do all the boys in Act 1, Scene 2 two know each other?
5. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)