|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first things presented in the introduction?
(a) A timeline of Wedekind's life with emphasis on events that inspired A Children's Tragedy.
(b) A pie chart depicting the average number of sexually active teenagers.
(c) A graph showing the correlation between sexual activity and suicide.
(d) A timeline of the play's publication and productions.
2. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
(a) Sexual love.
(b) Driving towards death.
(c) A drive towards life.
(d) Romantic love.
3. How do all the boys in Act 1, Scene 2 two know each other?
(a) They are all related to each other.
(b) Government-sanctioned parties.
4. In what country does A Children's Tragedy take place?
5. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wendla die?
2. What does Wendla claim about the thoughts her mother finds offensive in the first scene?
3. Why does Moritz commit suicide?
4. What form does the play evolve into?
5. What is interesting about realism and expressionism in regards to this play?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)