|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
(b) The father's authority.
(c) Wedekind's writing style.
(d) The censoring of theater and literature.
2. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
3. During what war was the play censored in Germany?
(a) World War II.
(b) Korean War.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
4. Why is Mrs. Bergmann concerned about Wendla's dress?
(a) It is too adult for her.
(b) It is too short for her.
(c) It is too shapeless on her.
(d) It is too long on her.
5. What is a Moritat?
(a) A postscript.
(b) A short statement.
(c) A short poem.
(d) A story written backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does A Children's Tragedy take place?
2. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
3. What is interesting about realism and expressionism in regards to this play?
4. What does Moritz believe about why students will flunk out of their class?
5. What do Melchior and Moritz talk about when they are alone in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)