|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moritz believe about why students will flunk out of their class?
(a) He believes students that are flunked are victims of class discrimination.
(b) He believes that the school is making the class small enough to fit in next year's classroom.
(c) He believes students who flunk are merely lazy.
(d) He believes that students who flunk are too smart for school.
2. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
(a) A masked man.
3. According to Moritz, what is designed to flunk out the students at their school?
(a) Personality tests.
(b) The absence policy.
(c) The tardiness policy.
4. In the brief summary given in the introduction, what concept is Melchior struggling with?
(b) Sexual preference.
(c) Political unrest.
5. What was the result of Wedekind's conflicts while writing?
(a) He moved into a commune for artists.
(b) He left home.
(c) He left the country.
(d) He left his position within the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bergmann concerned about Wendla's dress?
2. What is Melchior's relationship to Moritz?
3. How does Bentley describe Moritz and Melchior in relationship to each other?
4. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
5. What do the boys in Act 1, Scene 2 complain about?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)