|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 1 through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bergmann concerned about Wendla's dress?
(a) It is too adult for her.
(b) It is too shapeless on her.
(c) It is too long on her.
(d) It is too short for her.
2. What is Eros according to Bentley?
(a) Romantic love.
(b) Sexual love.
(c) An instinct for life.
(d) An instinct for death.
3. How was the rape scene censored in reissues of A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Wendla was given a line that shows clear consent.
(b) It was taken out of the script entirely.
(c) Melchior does not go through with the rape.
(d) It was scripted to take place in a blackout.
4. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
(b) Wedekind's writing style.
(c) The father's authority.
(d) The censoring of theater and literature.
5. How does Moritz feel about his dreams?
(a) He looks forward to them.
(b) He fears they are evil dreams.
(c) He believes they are messages from God.
(d) He does not understand them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the summary, who is raped in A Children's Tragedy?
2. Who wrote A Children's Tragedy?
3. In the introduction, what is NOT one of the mentioned allusions in the play?
4. Who starts to explain sex to Moritz in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to Moritz, what is designed to flunk out the students at their school?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)