|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1 through Act II, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melchior and Moritz talk about when they are alone in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What in particular does Bentley highlight in his Moritat?
(a) Brotherly love.
3. Ultimately, what does Bentley suggest about the masked man?
(a) He is Melchior's inner child.
(b) He is a father's voice from Melchior's subconscious.
(c) He is the voice of Melchior's conscience.
(d) He is Moritz's father.
4. Why does Wendla die?
(a) Abortion pills.
(c) She is murdered to cover up her rape.
(d) She is taken into custody and dies in prison.
5. Why does Wendla complain about her new dress?
(a) She feels it is too revealing of her figure.
(b) She feels it is too long and shapeless.
(c) She feels it is too childish.
(d) She feels it is too short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
2. What question does Wendla demand an answer for from her mother in Act II, Scene 2?
3. What is the function of the Moritat in the introduction?
4. What fantasy does Wendla admit to having to Melchior?
5. Who does Bentley believe is the inspiration for the characters of Mr. and Mrs. Gabor?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)