|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1 through Act II, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Scene 1, what does Moritz tell Melchior he has been doing constantly?
2. What question does Wendla demand an answer for from her mother in Act II, Scene 2?
(a) Wendla believes she is adopted.
(b) Ina is dying from childbirth.
(c) The truth of her parentage.
(d) Where babies come from.
3. What does Melchior initially believe about people who do good works?
(a) He believes they will go to Heaven.
(b) He believes they are half-mad.
(c) He believes they do it to relieve guilt.
(d) He believes it is for their own benefit.
4. What drink does Melchior's mother bring to Moritz and Melchior in Act II, Scene 1?
5. Who is the author of the introduction to the play?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Eric Bentley.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) Frank Wedekind.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Melchior's mother warn Moritz in Act II, Scene 1?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
3. What does Melchior tell Wendla about his belief in people who enjoy doing charity work?
4. What explanation does Mrs. Bergmann give to Wendla's question in Act II, Scene 2?
5. What sort of characters are the women in A Children's Tragedy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)