|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1 through Act II, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Melchior, Moritz, and the boys doing outside in Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Digging holes.
2. What is interesting about realism and expressionism in regards to this play?
(a) The play makes a clear stand against realism.
(b) The play ignores both styles and mocks them in absurdism.
(c) The play mixes both of them together.
(d) The play makes a clear stand against expressionism.
3. While Wedekind wrote his play, what were people questioning?
(b) Wedekind's writing style.
(c) The censoring of theater and literature.
(d) The father's authority.
4. What is one of the first things presented in the introduction?
(a) A pie chart depicting the average number of sexually active teenagers.
(b) A graph showing the correlation between sexual activity and suicide.
(c) A timeline of Wedekind's life with emphasis on events that inspired A Children's Tragedy.
(d) A timeline of the play's publication and productions.
5. In the first scene, what does Wendla wonder about her future?
(a) She wonders what sort of mother she will make.
(b) She wonders what she will look like in a few years.
(c) She wonders what sort of husband she will have.
(d) She wonders if she will make it to adulthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Moritz's story for Melchior, how many heads does the queen have?
2. In Act II, Scene 1, what does Moritz tell Melchior he has been doing constantly?
3. What birthday is being celebrated for Wendla in Act I, Scene 1?
4. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
5. According to the masked man, what is morality?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)