|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1 through Act II, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of story is A Children's Tragedy?
(a) Morality play.
(d) Theater of Cruelty.
2. What information does Moritz discover in Act 1, Scene 4 that cheers him up?
(a) He has already flunked out of school.
(b) He will be promoted to the next grade.
(c) He will be sent two grades up in advanced classes.
(d) He is still passing his grade.
3. How many years after the initial publication was the play performed in America?
(a) It has never been produced in America.
4. Why is Moritz concerned about another boy's standing in his class?
(a) He is competing with that student for the last seat in next year's class.
(b) He is afraid that the boy will follow his lead in considering suicide.
(c) He is afraid that the boy will blame Moritz if he is not promoted.
(d) He is afraid that the boy will run away if he is not promoted.
5. What is the purpose of Wendla's errand in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The plants are for medicine.
(b) The flowers are for a centerpiece.
(c) The wood is for a fire.
(d) The plants are to flavor wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moritz feel about his dreams?
2. Why does Wendla complain about her new dress?
3. According to Bentley's analysis, who may NOT be the masked figure at the end of the play?
4. Who keeps Melchior from committing suicide?
5. How many students are competing for sixty seats?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)