|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 4 through Act II, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What situation was Ilsa in that her friends bailed her out of?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She was arrested.
(d) She was nearly raped.
2. What happened to Martha when her parents saw her with a ribbon on her nightgown?
(a) They forced her to wear a burlap sack.
(b) They tore off her ribbon.
(c) They tore off her nightgown.
(d) They forced her to remove the ribbon.
3. How does Act II end?
(a) Moritz pleads with God for help.
(b) Moritz prepares to kill himself.
(c) Moritz follows Ilsa home.
(d) Moritz walks in on Melchior and Wendla.
4. According to Melchior in Act II, Scene 4, what does not exist?
(a) Free will.
5. According to the masked man, what is morality?
(a) What the government says should be done.
(b) A mixture of what people think should be done and what they want to do.
(c) A made-up concept to keep people in line.
(d) A fallacy of "doing good."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is the love between Moritz and Melchior described?
2. What information does Moritz discover in Act 1, Scene 4 that cheers him up?
3. What does Moritz debate as being worth staying alive for?
4. What is the most important relationship depicted in A Children's Tragedy?
5. What is Thanatos according to Bentley?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)