Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dave's mother changes from the beginning of the book to the end.
- How do her attitudes toward her family and Dave in particular change?
- How does her attitude toward Dave's father change?
- What are the differences in her attitude toward the way she takes care of her family, cooking, cleaning, planning vacations, and nurturing change through the course of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Dave's family celebrates the holidays during the good times.
- Cite examples from the story of how they decorate the house, the gifts that are exchanged, and the foods that are served.
- Compare the holidays in the good times to Dave's holidays as the book progresses.
Essay Topic 3
Dave is abused constantly throughout the book.
- How does Dave's mother manage to keep her abuse of Dave a secret? Cite examples from the book.
- What does she tell the principal of Dave's school when he calls to ask about Dave's condition?
- How do the authorities finally find out the truth about Dave's abuse?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)