Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
Describe Dave's relationship with his father.
- How does the relationship change throughout the book? Give examples from the book.
- How does Dave depend upon his father and does his father live up to the trust Dave puts in him? Explain.
Evaluate the elements of cause and effect in this story using examples from the book.
- Choose three events from the story which cause Dave's life to undergo a change.
- How does he react to the events and their effects?
- How does he change emotionally in his own life and in his attitude toward the world?
Write an introduction to the book discussing what the reader should expect in the book. Prepare the reader for the heinous abuse that Dave experiences and how he comes out of it a survivor.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)