Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the challenges of Dave's past done for him?
2. When does Dave feel the most alone?
3. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. What lie does Dave's mother tell everyone about what Dave did to her while she was pregnant?
5. How does Dave feel as he looks at the rundown cabin where his family used to vacation?
Compare and contrast Dave's views of the Russian River from the first time the reader is introduced to the vacation spot up to the time he visits it as an adult.
- What are his feelings in the good times?
- How does he feel when the family goes without him?
- Analyze his emotions when he brings his son, Stephen, to the Russian River.
Dave is abused constantly throughout the book.
- How does Dave's mother manage to keep her abuse of Dave a secret? Cite examples from the book.
- What does she tell the principal of Dave's school when he calls to ask about Dave's condition?
- How do the authorities finally find out the truth about Dave's abuse?
Describe Dave's relationship with his father.
- How does the relationship change throughout the book? Give examples from the book.
- How does Dave depend upon his father and does his father live up to the trust Dave puts in him? Explain.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)