Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Dave's family celebrates the holidays during the good times.
- Cite examples from the story of how they decorate the house, the gifts that are exchanged, and the foods that are served.
- Compare the holidays in the good times to Dave's holidays as the book progresses.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Dave and his brother, Russell.
- How does Russell have an impact on how Dave's mother treats him?
- What are Russell's feelings toward Dave?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Dave's mother and father.
- Summarize the impact each of them has on the other.
- How does their alcoholism play a part in Dave's abuse?
- What do Dave's parents do to amuse themselves when they spend time together?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)