Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
Essay Topic 1
Summarize the events in the book that lead Dave to calling his mother's house, 'The Madhouse'. Give several examples from the book and describe how these events are considered insane by Dave.
Essay Topic 2
Write an introduction to the book discussing what the reader should expect in the book. Prepare the reader for the heinous abuse that Dave experiences and how he comes out of it a survivor.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different methods Dave uses to obtain food. Cite examples from the book.
- What are Dave's punishments when his mother finds out he has been sneaking food?
- Describe some of the food items Dave eats in order to survive.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)