Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
2. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
3. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
4. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
2. Describe the people Dave encounters after he is rescued.
3. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What are Dave's thoughts when his father leaves for good?
5. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
6. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
8. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
10. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
Describe the different methods Dave uses to obtain food. Cite examples from the book.
- What are Dave's punishments when his mother finds out he has been sneaking food?
- Describe some of the food items Dave eats in order to survive.
Throughout the book, Dave's mother reveals her coldness and cruelty toward Dave.
- Summarize how her attitude toward Dave reflects the attitudes of the rest of the family. Cite examples from the story.
- How does she brainwash Dave's brothers and father not to acknowledge Dave's abusive situation?
Summarize the events in the book that lead Dave to calling his mother's house, 'The Madhouse'. Give several examples from the book and describe how these events are considered insane by Dave.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)