|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, when does Dave believe he will be free of his mother?
(a) When his father has her arrested.
(b) When she dies and goes to hell.
(c) When he kills her.
(d) When he runs away.
2. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He vows to be a good boy.
(b) He will try to get help from his brothers.
(c) He does not care about life anymore.
(d) He will try to get mother to love him.
3. What type of people does Dave meet after he is rescued?
(a) People who teach him to make the right choices.
(b) Abusive people.
(c) People who blame him for his abuse.
4. What is the secret that Dave learns quickly from his bad situation?
(a) People are evil.
(b) Don't trust anyone.
(c) Life is hell.
(d) Internal motivation.
5. Where does Dave bring his son at the end of the book?
(a) His hometown.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The Russian River.
(d) His old school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
2. Where is Dave driving to after he leaves his view of the Pacific Ocean in the Epilogue?
3. Who does Dave rely upon when he needs encouragement and strength, according to the Epilogue?
4. What happens to Dave in the winter of 1973, while he is in his classroom?
5. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident where Dave is stabbed by his mother.
2. Describe what Dave has to do while the rest of the family eats in the summer of 1971.
3. Describe how Dave is treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital delivering his new brother.
4. In Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's father vow he will do for Dave someday?
5. Describe where Dave brings his son in the Epilogue and his emotions at that time.
6. Explain what Dave eats after he finished the dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
7. Describe why Dave is so fascinated with a piece of driftwood that is washing ashore in the Epilogue.
8. Describe the actions of Dave's mother when she offers him a plate of food after ten days of not eating.
9. How does Dave look positively at his abusive past?
10. Describe the one time Dave had his prayers answered.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)