|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
(a) Twists his arm.
(b) Slaps his face.
(c) Puts him in a tub of cold water, forcing his head underwater.
(d) Pulls a chunk of hair out of his head.
2. How does Dave's mother feel after she stabs him?
(a) No emotion.
(c) Angry at herself.
(d) Angry with him.
3. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
(b) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
(c) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
(d) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
4. Why does Dave grow to hate his father?
(a) His father treats his brothers better.
(b) His father starts beating him.
(c) His father leaves the family.
(d) His father fails to rescue him.
5. Who does Dave rely upon when he needs encouragement and strength, according to the Epilogue?
(a) His social worker.
(b) His therapist.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. What is Dave thinking as he stands facing the beauty of the Pacific Ocean in the Epilogue?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave realize after years of struggling?
5. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)