|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dave in the winter of 1973, while he is in his classroom?
(a) He slaps another student.
(b) He screams at the teacher.
(c) He wins the spelling bee.
(d) He runs from the classroom screaming and slams the door behind him.
2. How does Dave feel about his father after he tells his father about the stabbing?
(a) He loves his father.
(b) He is afraid of his father.
(c) His father is a coward.
(d) He loses all respect for his father.
3. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
(b) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(c) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
(d) She calls her husband to help.
4. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
(a) The Madhouse.
(b) The Nuthouse.
(c) The Prison.
(d) The Dungeon.
5. What happens when Dave's mother threatens to kill him with a knife?
(a) She stabs Dave in the hand.
(b) She purposely stabs Dave in the stomach.
(c) She falls and the knife stabs Dave in the chest accidentally.
(d) She stabs Dave in the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dave go without food when his father is away?
2. What does one of the ladies in the neighborhood give to Dave out of sympathy in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
5. Who is the leader of a small band of girls that torment Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dave look positively at his abusive past?
2. Explain what Dave eats after he finished the dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
3. Summarize the incidents that happen to Dave on the day his mother takes his brothers to the zoo.
4. Describe the one time Dave had his prayers answered.
5. Describe how Dave is treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital delivering his new brother.
6. How does Dave feel about life in America, as outlined in the Epilogue?
7. Describe what Dave does when he finds that his stab wound is infected.
8. Describe the actions of Dave's mother when she offers him a plate of food after ten days of not eating.
9. Explain why Dave's mother gives him roller skates for Christmas.
10. Explain why Dave's morale is low in the summer of 1971.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)