|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of a small band of girls that torment Dave?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
(a) He wishes they liked him
(b) He wishes they would acknowledge him.
(c) He hates everyone and everything.
(d) He wishes he could be like them.
3. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He thinks he is going to die.
(b) It has set him free.
(c) He won't let mother hurt him again.
(d) He thinks about revenge.
4. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Grocery shop.
(b) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
(c) Deliver newspapers.
(d) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
5. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
(a) She gives Dave a hug.
(b) She tells Dave that she wishes he were dead.
(c) She burns the letter.
(d) She says that she is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. What career choice does Dave make as an adult?
3. Why does Dave's mother give him roller skates for Christmas?
4. What gift does Dave's turbulent past give him, according to the Epilogue?
5. Who does Dave hate more than anyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's father vow he will do for Dave someday?
2. Describe why Dave is so fascinated with a piece of driftwood that is washing ashore in the Epilogue.
3. Summarize what Dave wants from his life now that he is free in the Epilogue.
4. Describe the incident where Dave is stabbed by his mother.
5. Summarize Mother's reaction when she receives a letter from Mr. Zeigler praising Dave's efforts in school.
6. Summarize the incidents that happen to Dave on the day his mother takes his brothers to the zoo.
7. Explain what Dave eats after he finished the dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
8. Describe the people Dave encounters after he is rescued.
9. Describe where Dave brings his son in the Epilogue and his emotions at that time.
10. Summarize the forms of punishment Dave expects to receive as he turns 11-years-old.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)