|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
(b) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
(c) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
(d) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
2. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
(a) Once every three days.
(b) Once every other day.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every four days.
3. How does Dave feel as he looks at the rundown cabin where his family used to vacation?
(a) Happy that it's falling down.
4. What have the challenges of Dave's past done for him?
(a) Made him lose his self-confidence.
(b) Made him stronger inside.
(c) Made him hate himself.
(d) Made him timid.
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
(a) He keeps a positive attitude.
(b) He confronts his father.
(c) He confronts his mother.
(d) He gets therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. What is Dave's punishment for exceeding the allotted time for chores in Chapter 5, The Accident?
3. What is Dave thinking as he stands facing the beauty of the Pacific Ocean in the Epilogue?
4. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
5. What is Dave's punishment if he looks at one of his brothers?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)