|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She sees him hurting his brother.
(b) She hears him using foul language.
(c) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(d) He sasses her.
2. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(b) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(c) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
(d) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
3. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(c) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(d) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
4. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He eats food left for the cat.
(b) He eats food that he hid in his pocket.
(c) He eats food out of the garbage can.
(d) He eats food from the freezer.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The week before Christmas.
(d) Right after Halloween.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
4. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
2. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
3. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
4. Describe Dave's behavior in the classroom one a day during the winter of 1973.
5. Explain why Dave's mother gives him roller skates for Christmas.
6. How does the school nurse become interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
7. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
8. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
9. Explain what Dave eats after he finished the dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
10. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)