|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
(a) He gets food out of the dumpster.
(b) He leaves the school and steals from stores.
(c) He breaks into the snack machine.
(d) He steals it from stores on the way to school.
2. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(b) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(c) She volunteers at the school.
(d) She volunteers at the hospital.
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the garage.
(d) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(b) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(c) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
(d) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
5. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He gets car sick.
(b) He is too smelly.
(c) There is no room for him.
(d) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
2. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
4. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
4. Explain how Dave manages to get food at school in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
5. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
6. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
7. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
8. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
9. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
10. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)