|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He doesn't do anything.
(b) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(c) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(d) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
2. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
(d) White mice.
4. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(d) His mother and brothers.
5. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
2. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
2. Describe the actions of Dave's mother when she offers him a plate of food after ten days of not eating.
3. Describe what Dave's mother does on the days his father is at work, beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
4. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
5. Explain why Mother suddenly allows Dave to watch television and gives him new clothes to wear in Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
6. Summarize Russell's attitude toward Dave, as described in Chapter 5, The Accident.
7. How does Dave feel about life in America, as outlined in the Epilogue?
8. Dave goes to his father for help after being stabbed. What is his father's reaction?
9. Summarize Mother's reaction when she receives a letter from Mr. Zeigler praising Dave's efforts in school.
10. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)