|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) The neighbor.
2. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She is so happy to have a real family.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
(d) She burned her hand on the oven.
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(b) She cleans enough to get by.
(c) She is a clean fiend.
(d) She rarely cleans the house.
4. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
(a) He grabs the lunch bags of the smaller children.
(b) He sneaks into the lockers before lunch.
(c) Before school while his classmates are outside playing.
(d) He grabs food right off the lunch tables.
5. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Go on picnics.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Wash the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
5. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
2. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
3. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
4. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
5. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
6. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
7. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
8. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
10. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)