|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He will ask his father to take him away.
(b) He will beg his mother to leave him alone.
(c) He will use any tactic to survive.
(d) He will run away.
2. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(b) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(c) His brothers ask Mother.
(d) His brothers ask Father.
3. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(b) To his father's workplace.
(c) The police station.
(d) Back to his classroom.
4. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He fell off his bike.
(c) He fell out of bed.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
5. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave will be late getting home.
(b) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(c) That Dave got a detention.
(d) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
4. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
2. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
3. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
4. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
5. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
7. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
8. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
9. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
10. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)