|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A detention.
(b) A tray of food.
(c) A suspension.
(d) A letter for his mother .
2. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(b) He is reluctant to talk.
(c) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(d) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
3. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(d) Dish Soap.
4. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the garage.
(d) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
5. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(b) She hears him using foul language.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She sees him hurting his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
2. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
4. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
2. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
3. Explain how Dave manages to get food at school in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
4. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
5. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
6. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
7. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
8. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
9. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
10. Describe the types of inquiries Miss Moss starts to ask Dave in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)