|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The neighbor.
2. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Singing to them at bedtime.
(b) Creating new and exotic meals.
(c) Washing and ironing their clothes.
(d) Praying with them before bed.
3. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
(a) Like a free man.
(b) He is happier than he has been in a long time.
(c) Like an outcast.
(d) He is glad to be away from his mother.
4. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From discipline to punishment.
(b) From indifference to punishment.
(c) From discipline to indifference.
(d) From punishment to leniency.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) To the sea.
(b) Camping in the Sierras.
(c) To the city.
(d) The Russian River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
2. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
5. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
4. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
5. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
7. Explain the dramatic lesson Dave's mother teaches the boys on a Sunday afternoon in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
10. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)