|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to catch crayfish.
(b) How to catch minnows.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to fish.
2. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Go on picnics.
(b) Visit the zoo.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Wash the windows.
3. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(b) Big Guy.
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She volunteers at the school.
(b) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(c) She volunteers at the hospital.
(d) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
5. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave got a detention.
(b) That Dave will be late getting home.
(c) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(d) That she should pick up Dave from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
2. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
5. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
3. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. Describe the types of inquiries Miss Moss starts to ask Dave in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
5. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
7. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
8. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
10. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)