|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He will beg his mother to leave him alone.
(b) He will ask his father to take him away.
(c) He will run away.
(d) He will use any tactic to survive.
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(b) White mice.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(b) He sleeps in the garage.
(c) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(d) He sleeps in the basement.
4. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) It is his haven away from mother.
(c) It is torture for him.
(d) He hates it.
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(b) She cleans enough to get by.
(c) She is a clean fiend.
(d) She rarely cleans the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
2. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
4. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
Short Essay Questions
1. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
2. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
3. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
4. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
5. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
7. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
8. Explain the dramatic lesson Dave's mother teaches the boys on a Sunday afternoon in Chapter 2, Good Times.
9. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
10. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)