|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to catch crayfish.
(d) How to catch minnows.
2. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her determination.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her love for her family.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She combs his hair.
(b) She makes him a lunch.
(c) She drives him to school.
(d) She gives him a hug.
4. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A huge chocolate cake.
(b) Running away.
(c) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
(d) A way out of the house.
5. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(b) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(c) He doesn't do anything.
(d) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
2. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
2. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
3. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
5. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. Explain the dramatic lesson Dave's mother teaches the boys on a Sunday afternoon in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
8. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
9. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
10. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)