|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From indifference to punishment.
(b) From punishment to leniency.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From discipline to indifference.
2. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They smile at him.
(b) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(c) They yell insults at him.
(d) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Withholding food.
(b) Slaps with a leather belt.
(c) Open handed slaps.
(d) Kicks to the thighs.
4. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He eats food that he hid in his pocket.
(b) He eats food from the freezer.
(c) He eats food left for the cat.
(d) He eats food out of the garbage can.
5. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) The principal.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) Miss Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
2. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
5. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
2. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
3. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
4. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
5. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
7. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
9. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
10. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)