|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) It is torture for him.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It is his haven away from mother.
2. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The boy.
(c) The brat.
3. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to his homeroom.
(b) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
(c) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(d) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
4. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(b) When she tucks him into bed.
(c) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(d) When she wakes him up in the morning.
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(b) Dave is free.
(c) Dave is going back to his mother.
(d) Dave is to blame for everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
5. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
2. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
3. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
4. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
5. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
6. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
7. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
8. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
9. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
10. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)