|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wash the windows.
(b) Go on picnics.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Visit the zoo.
2. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She burned her hand on the oven.
(b) She is so happy to have a real family.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
3. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(d) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
4. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father helps his mother torture him.
(b) His father leaves the house.
(c) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(d) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
3. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
5. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
3. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
5. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
6. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
7. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
8. Describe the types of inquiries Miss Moss starts to ask Dave in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
9. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
10. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)