|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her love for her family.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her determination.
(d) Her intelligence.
2. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Roerva.
(b) Catherine Stephens.
(c) Catherine Josephs.
(d) Catherine Roberts.
3. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(b) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(c) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
(d) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
4. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(b) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(c) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
5. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps in the garage.
(b) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(c) He sleeps in the basement.
(d) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
2. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
4. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
5. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
3. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
5. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
6. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
7. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
8. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
10. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)