|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(c) She tells him she is proud of him.
(d) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
2. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
(a) They visit him when mother isn't looking.
(b) They feel sorry for him.
(c) They sneak food to him.
(d) They do not acknowledge him.
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) Out in the yard.
(b) To bed.
(c) To stand in the basement.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
4. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(c) Big Guy.
5. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that is too small for him.
(b) A ripped t-shirt.
(c) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
4. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
5. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. Describe what Dave's mother does on the days his father is at work, beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
3. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
4. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
5. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
6. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
7. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
9. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
10. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)