|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
(b) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(c) A ripped t-shirt.
(d) A shirt that is too small for him.
2. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(b) He mumbles incoherently.
(c) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(d) He makes up lies on the spot.
3. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) Joseph Stephen.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Stephen David.
4. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him she is proud of him.
(b) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(b) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(c) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
2. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
4. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
5. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
3. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
5. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
8. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
9. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
10. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)