|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The boy.
(b) The brat.
2. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(b) Dave is always falling down.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(d) He sleeps in the garage.
4. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(b) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(c) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(d) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
5. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Withholding food.
(b) Slaps with a leather belt.
(c) Kicks to the thighs.
(d) Open handed slaps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
4. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
5. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. Explain the dramatic lesson Dave's mother teaches the boys on a Sunday afternoon in Chapter 2, Good Times.
3. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
4. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
5. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
7. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
8. What does Dave decide to do when he can no longer steal food from school?
9. By Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is his position in the family?
10. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)