|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her determination.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her love for her family.
2. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(c) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(d) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
3. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The principal.
(c) The nurse.
(d) A policeman.
4. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
5. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(b) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(c) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
3. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
4. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
2. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
3. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
4. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
5. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
7. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Explain how Dave manages to get food at school in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
10. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)