|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In the top bunk.
(b) In the bottom bunk.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In her bed.
2. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(d) Bank clerk.
3. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He will ask his father to take him away.
(b) He will run away.
(c) He will beg his mother to leave him alone.
(d) He will use any tactic to survive.
4. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) No more pets.
(b) No bike riding.
(c) No more snacks.
(d) No more television ever.
5. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(b) That his father stabbed him.
(c) That is was an accident.
(d) That his brother stabbed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
3. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
4. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
5. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. Summarize the change that takes place in Dave's relationship with his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
3. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
5. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
6. Describe what Dave's mother does on the days his father is at work, beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
7. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
8. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
9. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
10. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)