|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The beautiful flower gardens.
(b) The reflecting pool.
(c) The carousel.
(d) The Steinhart Aquarium.
2. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Joseph Stephen.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Stephen Joseph.
(d) Stephen David.
3. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He gets car sick.
(b) There is no room for him.
(c) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
(d) He is too smelly.
4. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
(a) They argue.
(b) They read the Bible.
(c) They go out.
(d) They drink and dance in the kitchen.
5. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(b) White mice.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
2. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
4. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
2. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
3. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
4. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
5. Explain the dramatic lesson Dave's mother teaches the boys on a Sunday afternoon in Chapter 2, Good Times.
6. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Many times Dave's mother sends him to search the house for something she has lost. What does she do to him if he forgets what he is looking for?
8. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
9. Describe Dave's family life before the abuse starts.
10. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)