|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
(a) The girl who lives next door.
(b) His brother Stan.
(c) A boy from his neighborhood.
(d) His cousin.
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(c) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(d) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
3. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He begs for forgiveness.
(b) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(c) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(d) He promises to be good.
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Go on picnics.
(b) Wash the windows.
(c) Visit the zoo.
(d) Plant the vegetable garden.
5. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(b) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(c) His mother's pregnancy.
(d) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
2. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
3. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
4. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
5. Explain what the school requires Dave to do before school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
6. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
8. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
9. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
10. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)