|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother and father make decisions together.
(c) They all make decisions as a family.
(d) His father.
2. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(b) He says that he tripped and fell.
(c) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(d) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
3. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets banned from the house.
(b) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
(c) He is sent to bed without supper.
(d) He gets sent to his room.
4. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(b) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(c) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
(d) She makes him stand in the corner.
5. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) The Sierras.
(c) Portola or Memorial Park.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
4. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
5. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
3. Summarize the tradition Dave's family follows to prepare for Halloween in Chapter 2, Good Times.
4. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
5. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Describe the breakfasts Dave usually receives from his mother.
8. Describe the types of inquiries Miss Moss starts to ask Dave in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
9. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
10. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)