|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(b) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(c) His brothers ask Mother.
(d) His brothers ask Father.
2. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is a clean fiend.
(b) She rarely cleans the house.
(c) She cleans enough to get by.
(d) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) To stand in the basement.
(b) Out in the yard.
(c) To the neighbor's house.
(d) To bed.
4. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In the top bunk.
(b) In her bed.
(c) In the bottom bunk.
(d) On the floor.
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is free.
(b) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(c) Dave is to blame for everything.
(d) Dave is going back to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
5. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Dave manages to get food at school in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
2. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
3. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
4. As shared in Chapter 2, The Good Times, what is the family tradition about placing the angel on top of the Christmas tree?
5. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
6. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
7. Summarize Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
8. What does the police officer tell Dave as they drive toward the outskirt of Dale City in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
9. Describe Mother's reaction when the principal calls her about Dave's condition in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
10. Explain why Dave is so anxious about finishing the dishes on time in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)