|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wash the windows.
(b) Visit the zoo.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Go on picnics.
2. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He mumbles incoherently.
(b) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(c) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(d) He makes up lies on the spot.
3. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(b) She sees him hurting his brother.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She hears him using foul language.
4. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) Out in the yard.
(b) To bed.
(c) To stand in the basement.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
5. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(b) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(c) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(d) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lunch Dave has been taking to school for the past three years in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
2. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
3. Describe the condition of Dave's mother on a typical day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
4. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
5. Describe what Dave's mother does on the days his father is at work, beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
6. Describe Dave's plan to prevent his mother from making him lie across the gas stove in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
7. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. What does Dave's mother tell the doctor when she dislocates his shoulder?
9. Summarize the punishment Dave's mother inflicts upon him while the family is vacationing at the Russian River, as described in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
10. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)