|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His mother.
(c) His mother and father make decisions together.
(d) His father.
2. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen David.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Stephen Joseph.
(d) Joseph Stephen.
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(b) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(c) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(d) His mother's pregnancy.
4. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The principal.
(c) The teachers.
(d) The nurse.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He ran into a door.
(b) His brother hit him.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) The dog jumped on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Dave does not mind having to run to school.
2. Explain what type of punishment Dave's mother invents for him when she doesn't think the corner treatment is effective anymore.
3. Describe the two excuses Dave makes in Chapter 1, The Rescue, to explain how he got the bruises on his face.
4. Describe the Happy Hour that Dave's parents celebrate, as outlined in Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
5. Describe the clothes Dave wears to school every day in Chapter 1, The Rescue.
6. Describe what Dave's mother does one day when she is sick in Chapter 2, Good Times.
7. Describe how Dave's mother decorates the house for Christmas in Chapter 2, Good Times.
8. Explain why the Russian River is Dave's favorite vacation spot in Chapter 2, Good Times.
9. Describe how Dave's mother dislocates his shoulder.
10. Describe what Dave's family does on spring days in Chapter 2, Good Times.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)