Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
2. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
(a) He wishes they liked him
(b) He wishes he could be like them.
(c) He wishes they would acknowledge him.
(d) He hates everyone and everything.
3. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
(a) She gives Dave a hug.
(b) She burns the letter.
(c) She tells Dave that she wishes he were dead.
(d) She says that she is proud of him.
4. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
(a) He eats leftover pancakes out of the dog's bowl.
(b) He eats the bread his mother threw out to the birds.
(c) He eats food off the floor.
(d) He eats cat food.
5. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
(a) He keeps a positive attitude.
(b) He confronts his mother.
(c) He confronts his father.
(d) He gets therapy.
6. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will have Mother locked up.
(b) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(c) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(d) He will bring food to Dave every day.
7. What is the new baby's name?
8. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He will try to get help from his brothers.
(b) He will try to get mother to love him.
(c) He does not care about life anymore.
(d) He vows to be a good boy.
9. What changes about Dave's sleeping habits in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
(a) He dreams he escapes every night.
(b) He can't sleep at all.
(c) He no longer dreams.
(d) He sleeps as much as he can.
10. How does Dave feel as he looks at the rundown cabin where his family used to vacation?
(c) Happy that it's falling down.
11. What gift does Dave's turbulent past give him, according to the Epilogue?
(a) The knowledge that people are evil.
(b) An appreciation for things others take for granted.
(c) The knowledge that God is dead.
(d) The satisfaction of revenge.
12. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
(a) He is given food and plays with his brothers.
(b) He is still ostracized.
(c) He is given food but stays in the basement.
(d) He is given food but is beaten by his brothers.
13. What does Dave come to believe just before he enters the fifth grade?
(a) There is no hope for him.
(b) There is no God for him.
(c) His mother will kill him.
(d) He will always be a slave.
14. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He thinks he is going to die.
(b) He won't let mother hurt him again.
(c) It has set him free.
(d) He thinks about revenge.
15. What lie does Dave's mother tell everyone about what Dave did to her while she was pregnant?
(a) Dave pushed her down the stairs.
(b) Dave tripped her.
(c) Dave kicked her in the stomach.
(d) Dave threw soap in her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dave watches an old piece of driftwood as it washes ashore, what does he imagine the wood is trying to do?
2. What does Dave dream on the night his stab wound infection is cleaned?
3. Who does Dave rely upon when he needs encouragement and strength, according to the Epilogue?
4. How does Dave's mother feel after she stabs him?
5. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)