|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
(a) He gets food out of the dumpster.
(b) He leaves the school and steals from stores.
(c) He steals it from stores on the way to school.
(d) He breaks into the snack machine.
2. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(b) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(c) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
3. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He shamed his family.
(b) He needs to work harder.
(c) He is the best in the class.
(d) She is proud of him.
4. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(b) A shirt that is too small for him.
(c) A ripped t-shirt.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
5. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her love for her family.
(b) Her determination.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
6. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(a) Dish Soap.
7. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) The police station.
(b) Back to his classroom.
(d) To his father's workplace.
8. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She makes him a lunch.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She drives him to school.
(d) She combs his hair.
9. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The carousel.
(b) The Steinhart Aquarium.
(c) The reflecting pool.
(d) The beautiful flower gardens.
10. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
(a) She doesn't feed him all weekend.
(b) She makes him eat until he is sick.
(c) She makes him eat his food off the floor.
(d) She tapes his mouth shut.
11. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He makes up lies on the spot.
(b) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(c) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(d) He mumbles incoherently.
12. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always say their prayers.
(b) They should always go to church.
(c) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(d) They should go to college.
13. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Ingalls family.
(b) The Brady Bunch.
(c) The Cleaver family.
(d) The Partridge family.
14. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Portola or Memorial Park.
(b) The Sierras.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Clean the basement.
(b) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(c) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
(d) Wash the floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
4. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)