|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) No more television ever.
(b) No bike riding.
(c) No more snacks.
(d) No more pets.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) His brother hit him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) The dog jumped on him.
(d) He ran into a door.
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Sierras.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Open one present.
(b) Stay up late.
(c) Make cookies.
(d) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(b) Dave is free.
(c) Dave is going back to his mother.
(d) Dave is to blame for everything.
6. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She finds out he told a lie.
(b) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(c) She is angry that he got home late.
(d) She says that he played on the grass at school.
7. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From punishment to leniency.
(b) From indifference to punishment.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From discipline to indifference.
8. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Right after Halloween.
(c) The week before Christmas.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
9. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) His mother's pregnancy.
(b) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(c) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(d) Why he doesn't take the bus.
10. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(b) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His mother and brothers.
11. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his uncle's house.
(b) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(c) To his grandmother's house.
(d) To stay with a neighbor.
12. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Creating new and exotic meals.
(b) Singing to them at bedtime.
(c) Washing and ironing their clothes.
(d) Praying with them before bed.
13. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(b) Dave's brothers.
14. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(d) Bank clerk.
15. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dave's father?
2. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
4. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)