|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets bad grades on all his papers.
(b) He gets more happy faces than everyone else in the class.
(c) He never finishes his school work.
(d) He leaves his papers blank.
2. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) There is no room for him.
(b) He gets car sick.
(c) He is too smelly.
(d) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
(d) White mice.
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his grandmother's house.
(b) To stay with a neighbor.
(c) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(d) To his uncle's house.
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She cleans enough to get by.
(b) She rarely cleans the house.
(c) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(d) She is a clean fiend.
6. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Go on picnics.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Wash the windows.
7. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(b) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(c) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(d) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
8. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(b) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(c) He doesn't do anything.
(d) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
9. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
(b) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
(c) He agrees with Dave's mother.
(d) He leaves the house.
10. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) To keep away from the mother cat.
(b) The miracle of birth.
(c) Not to touch the kittens.
(d) How cats mate.
11. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In her bed.
(b) In the bottom bunk.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the top bunk.
12. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Stephens.
(b) Catherine Roberts.
(c) Catherine Roerva.
(d) Catherine Josephs.
13. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(b) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(c) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(d) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
14. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(b) Dish Soap.
15. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave got a detention.
(b) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(c) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(d) That Dave will be late getting home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
4. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)