|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In her bed.
(b) In the bottom bunk.
(c) In the top bunk.
(d) On the floor.
2. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Miss Woods.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) The principal.
3. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(c) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(d) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
4. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They yell insults at him.
(b) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(c) They smile at him.
(d) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) The dog jumped on him.
(c) He ran into a door.
(d) His brother hit him.
6. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He is sent to bed without supper.
(b) He gets sent to his room.
(c) He gets banned from the house.
(d) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
7. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She hears him using foul language.
(b) She sees him hurting his brother.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
8. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The Steinhart Aquarium.
(b) The reflecting pool.
(c) The beautiful flower gardens.
(d) The carousel.
9. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
(a) They do not acknowledge him.
(b) They visit him when mother isn't looking.
(c) They feel sorry for him.
(d) They sneak food to him.
10. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) No more television ever.
(b) No bike riding.
(c) No more pets.
(d) No more snacks.
11. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(b) Dish Soap.
12. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
(a) He gets food out of the dumpster.
(b) He breaks into the snack machine.
(c) He leaves the school and steals from stores.
(d) He steals it from stores on the way to school.
13. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) Back to his classroom.
(b) The police station.
(c) To his father's workplace.
14. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(d) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
15. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(c) The brat.
(d) The boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
2. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
3. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)