|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(b) His father helps his mother torture him.
(c) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(d) His father leaves the house.
2. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He agrees with Dave's mother.
(b) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
3. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He eats food that he hid in his pocket.
(b) He eats food out of the garbage can.
(c) He eats food from the freezer.
(d) He eats food left for the cat.
4. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets banned from the house.
(b) He is sent to bed without supper.
(c) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
(d) He gets sent to his room.
5. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(c) Dish Soap.
6. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the sea.
(d) Camping in the Sierras.
7. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Sierras.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(c) She brushes his hair.
(d) She tells him she is sorry.
9. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She hears him using foul language.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She sees him hurting his brother.
10. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She combs his hair.
(b) She makes him a lunch.
(c) She drives him to school.
(d) She gives him a hug.
11. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The teachers.
(c) The principal.
(d) The nurse.
12. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and brothers.
(b) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(c) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(d) His mother and father.
13. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He is too smelly.
(b) There is no room for him.
(c) He gets car sick.
(d) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
14. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He has to mow the lawn.
(b) He has to do his brother's chores.
(c) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(d) He has to do the dishes every night.
15. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The boy.
(d) The brat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
2. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
3. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
4. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)