|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) To the city.
(c) Camping in the Sierras.
(d) To the sea.
2. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) To be given a detention for being late.
(b) Because he was talking in class.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
3. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) His brother hit him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He ran into a door.
(d) The dog jumped on him.
4. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(b) Bank clerk.
5. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
(b) She makes him stand in the corner.
(c) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(d) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
6. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She brushes his hair.
(c) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(d) She tells him she is sorry.
7. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Slaps with a leather belt.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Withholding food.
(d) Open handed slaps.
8. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Brady Bunch.
(b) The Cleaver family.
(c) The Ingalls family.
(d) The Partridge family.
9. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(b) He is reluctant to talk.
(c) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(d) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
10. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(b) He goes to his homeroom.
(c) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(d) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
11. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can make his bed.
(b) So he can play ball before school.
(c) So he can finish his homework.
(d) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
12. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(b) His mother's pregnancy.
(c) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(d) Why he doesn't take the bus.
13. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Open one present.
(c) Stay up late.
(d) Make cookies.
14. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Joseph Stephen.
(b) Stephen Joseph.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Stephen David.
15. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She is so happy to have a real family.
(b) She burned her hand on the oven.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
2. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
3. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
4. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)