|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
(a) He fell out of bed.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He fell off his bike.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(a) Big Guy.
3. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(b) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(c) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(d) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
(a) She makes him eat until he is sick.
(b) She doesn't feed him all weekend.
(c) She tapes his mouth shut.
(d) She makes him eat his food off the floor.
5. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps in the basement.
(b) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(c) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(d) He sleeps in the garage.
6. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They yell insults at him.
(b) They smile at him.
(c) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(d) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
7. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Make cookies.
(c) Stay up late.
(d) Open one present.
8. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Plant the vegetable garden.
(b) Wash the windows.
(c) Visit the zoo.
(d) Go on picnics.
9. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(c) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(d) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
10. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(b) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(c) His father leaves the house.
(d) His father helps his mother torture him.
11. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The week before Christmas.
(b) Right after Halloween.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
12. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(c) New Year's Day.
13. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He promises to be good.
(b) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(c) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
14. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) The neighbor.
15. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She forces him to eat rotten food.
(b) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
(c) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
(d) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
3. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
5. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)