|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets banned from the house.
(b) He gets sent to his room.
(c) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
(d) He is sent to bed without supper.
2. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father helps his mother torture him.
(b) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(c) His father leaves the house.
(d) His father is more abusive than his mother.
3. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
(b) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(c) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(d) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
4. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) White mice.
(b) Fiddler crabs.
(c) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(c) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(d) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
6. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
(b) A huge chocolate cake.
(c) Running away.
(d) A way out of the house.
7. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(c) New Year's Day.
8. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to catch minnows.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to catch crayfish.
9. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) To his father's workplace.
(c) The police station.
(d) Back to his classroom.
10. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He hides in the garage.
(c) He sits and cries.
(d) He packs a bag and goes to work.
11. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
12. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he tripped and fell.
(b) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(c) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(d) He says that he fell down the stairs.
13. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
(b) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
(c) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
(d) She forces him to eat rotten food.
14. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He eats food left for the cat.
(b) He eats food from the freezer.
(c) He eats food that he hid in his pocket.
(d) He eats food out of the garbage can.
15. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) No bike riding.
(b) No more television ever.
(c) No more pets.
(d) No more snacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)