|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) Right after Halloween.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
2. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The brat.
(d) The boy.
3. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A huge chocolate cake.
(b) A way out of the house.
(c) Running away.
(d) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
4. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
5. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
(a) Before school while his classmates are outside playing.
(b) He grabs food right off the lunch tables.
(c) He sneaks into the lockers before lunch.
(d) He grabs the lunch bags of the smaller children.
6. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Cleaver family.
(b) The Ingalls family.
(c) The Partridge family.
(d) The Brady Bunch.
7. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) His mother's pregnancy.
(b) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(c) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(d) Why he doesn't do his homework.
8. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his grandmother's house.
(b) To his uncle's house.
(c) To stay with a neighbor.
(d) To his Aunt Josie's house.
9. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(c) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
10. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Dave's brothers.
(c) Money problems.
11. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) To his father's workplace.
(b) Back to his classroom.
(d) The police station.
12. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Camping in the Sierras.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the sea.
(d) The Russian River.
13. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He has to do the dishes every night.
(b) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(c) He has to do his brother's chores.
(d) He has to mow the lawn.
14. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She makes him a lunch.
(c) She combs his hair.
(d) She drives him to school.
15. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He needs to work harder.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) He shamed his family.
(d) He is the best in the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
2. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
3. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
4. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)