|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A letter for his mother .
(b) A suspension.
(c) A tray of food.
(d) A detention.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) His brother hit him.
(b) He ran into a door.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) The dog jumped on him.
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
(a) He breaks into the snack machine.
(b) He gets food out of the dumpster.
(c) He steals it from stores on the way to school.
(d) He leaves the school and steals from stores.
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
(b) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(d) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
5. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(b) She tells him she is sorry.
(c) She brushes his hair.
(d) She gives him a hug.
6. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(b) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(c) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(d) He says that he tripped and fell.
7. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(c) She tells him she is proud of him.
(d) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
8. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Roberts.
(b) Catherine Roerva.
(c) Catherine Josephs.
(d) Catherine Stephens.
9. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Brady Bunch.
(b) The Partridge family.
(c) The Ingalls family.
(d) The Cleaver family.
10. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She makes him a lunch.
(b) She drives him to school.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She combs his hair.
11. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
12. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) The miracle of birth.
(b) How cats mate.
(c) To keep away from the mother cat.
(d) Not to touch the kittens.
13. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(c) New Year's Day.
14. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(b) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(c) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
15. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He sasses her.
(b) She hears him using foul language.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
3. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)