|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) They all make decisions as a family.
(d) His mother and father make decisions together.
2. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The brat.
(c) The boy.
3. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) To the sea.
(c) To the city.
(d) Camping in the Sierras.
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) The principal.
(c) Miss Woods.
(d) The school nurse.
5. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(b) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(c) She volunteers at the school.
(d) She volunteers at the hospital.
6. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(b) He mumbles incoherently.
(c) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(d) He makes up lies on the spot.
7. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A suspension.
(b) A tray of food.
(c) A letter for his mother .
(d) A detention.
8. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) He is the best in the class.
(c) He shamed his family.
(d) He needs to work harder.
9. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(b) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
10. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
(a) She doesn't speak to them.
(b) She tolerates them.
(c) Like kings.
(d) She is impatient with them.
11. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers ask Father.
(b) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(c) His brothers ask Mother.
(d) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
12. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His mother and brothers.
(c) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(d) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
13. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wash the windows.
(b) Plant the vegetable garden.
(c) Go on picnics.
(d) Visit the zoo.
14. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Sierras.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Portola or Memorial Park.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can make his bed.
(b) So he can finish his homework.
(c) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(d) So he can play ball before school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
4. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
5. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)