Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(c) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(d) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
2. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He is the best in the class.
(b) He shamed his family.
(c) He needs to work harder.
(d) She is proud of him.
3. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(b) He makes up lies on the spot.
(c) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(d) He mumbles incoherently.
4. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) It is his haven away from mother.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It is torture for him.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
5. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) His mother's pregnancy.
(b) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(c) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(d) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
6. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her love for her family.
(d) Her determination.
7. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(b) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(c) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(d) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
8. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His mother and father make decisions together.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
9. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(b) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(c) His father leaves the house.
(d) His father helps his mother torture him.
10. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
11. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) There is no room for him.
(b) He is too smelly.
(c) He gets car sick.
(d) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
12. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(b) She volunteers at the hospital.
(c) She volunteers at the school.
(d) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
13. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(b) She brushes his hair.
(c) She tells him she is sorry.
(d) She gives him a hug.
14. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(b) A shirt that is too small for him.
(c) A ripped t-shirt.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
15. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
(a) He grabs the lunch bags of the smaller children.
(b) He sneaks into the lockers before lunch.
(c) Before school while his classmates are outside playing.
(d) He grabs food right off the lunch tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
2. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
4. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)