|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(b) She tells him she is sorry.
(c) She brushes his hair.
(d) She gives him a hug.
2. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he was talking in class.
3. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He begs his brothers for food.
(b) He gets up at night and sneaks it out of the refrigerator.
(c) He begs his mother for scraps.
(d) He takes it out of the garbage.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother and father make decisions together.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) They all make decisions as a family.
5. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(b) She finds out he told a lie.
(c) She says that he played on the grass at school.
(d) She is angry that he got home late.
6. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she tucks him into bed.
(b) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(c) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(d) When she wakes him up in the morning.
7. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) White mice.
(c) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
8. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(b) His mother's pregnancy.
(c) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(d) Why he doesn't take the bus.
9. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can make his bed.
(b) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(c) So he can finish his homework.
(d) So he can play ball before school.
10. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) To stand in the basement.
(b) To bed.
(c) Out in the yard.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
11. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He shamed his family.
(b) He needs to work harder.
(c) He is the best in the class.
(d) She is proud of him.
12. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(d) Big Guy.
13. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From discipline to indifference.
(b) From punishment to leniency.
(c) From indifference to punishment.
(d) From discipline to punishment.
14. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(c) Bank clerk.
15. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She hears him using foul language.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She sees him hurting his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
2. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
3. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
4. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
5. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)