Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, The Rescue
1. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
4. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
6. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
She drives him...
This section contains 3,607 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)