|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Dave's brothers.
(d) Money problems.
2. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(d) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
3. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
(a) Slaps his face.
(b) Twists his arm.
(c) Puts him in a tub of cold water, forcing his head underwater.
(d) Pulls a chunk of hair out of his head.
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(b) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(c) She volunteers at the hospital.
(d) She volunteers at the school.
5. Who does Dave rely upon when he needs encouragement and strength, according to the Epilogue?
(a) His father.
(c) His social worker.
(d) His therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
2. What is the name of Dave's father?
3. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
4. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
5. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)