|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dave watches an old piece of driftwood as it washes ashore, what does he imagine the wood is trying to do?
(a) Speak to him.
(b) Break itself on the rocks.
(c) Sink into the sea.
(d) Struggling to stay ashore.
2. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, how does Dave tolerate physical pain?
(a) He is disconnected from it.
(b) He can barely stand it.
(c) Even light slaps feel like torture.
(d) It is worse than ever.
3. What have the challenges of Dave's past done for him?
(a) Made him timid.
(b) Made him stronger inside.
(c) Made him hate himself.
(d) Made him lose his self-confidence.
4. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(b) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(c) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(d) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) To the city.
(c) Camping in the Sierras.
(d) To the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
2. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
3. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
4. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
5. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)