|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(b) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(c) When she tucks him into bed.
(d) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
2. What is Dave's final thought in the book?
(a) I'll never forgive.
(b) I'll never let it go.
(c) I'm free.
(d) I'll never be free.
3. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is going back to his mother.
(b) Dave is to blame for everything.
(c) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(d) Dave is free.
4. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He drives Dave to school.
(b) He helps Dave with the dishes every night.
(c) He gives Dave extra blankets.
(d) He brings food to Dave in the middle of the night.
5. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
(a) Standing on a chair in the corner.
(b) Standing with his face against the wall .
(c) Kneeling on the floor in the corner.
(d) The prisoner of war position at the bottom of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
3. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
4. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)