|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From punishment to leniency.
(b) From discipline to indifference.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From indifference to punishment.
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He sasses her.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) She hears him using foul language.
(d) She sees him hurting his brother.
3. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(b) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(c) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(d) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
4. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(d) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) His brother hit him.
(c) The dog jumped on him.
(d) He ran into a door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
2. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
4. How does Dave prevent the black hole from taking control of his life?
5. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)