|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contest does Dave win in the fifth grade?
(a) The rope climb.
(b) Naming the school newspaper.
(c) The spelling bee.
(d) The jump rope contest.
2. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the bottom bunk.
(c) In the top bunk.
(d) In her bed.
3. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He won't let mother hurt him again.
(b) It has set him free.
(c) He thinks he is going to die.
(d) He thinks about revenge.
4. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(a) Dish Soap.
5. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
(a) Social services is coming for a visit.
(b) She is sorry for the abuse.
(c) A neighbor is stopping by for coffee.
(d) The school principal is coming for a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
3. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
4. What gift does Dave's turbulent past give him, according to the Epilogue?
5. Who does Dave hate more than anyone else?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)