|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
(b) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
(c) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
(d) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
2. What career choice does Dave make as an adult?
(a) He joins the Navy.
(b) He becomes a minister.
(c) He becomes a prison guard.
(d) He joins the Air Force.
3. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
(b) He leaves the house.
(c) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
(d) He agrees with Dave's mother.
4. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
(a) Wash all the windows in the house.
(b) Sit on rocks in the backyard in the prisoner of war position.
(c) Stand against the wall.
(d) Sit in the basement in the dark.
5. As Dave watches an old piece of driftwood as it washes ashore, what does he imagine the wood is trying to do?
(a) Break itself on the rocks.
(b) Speak to him.
(c) Struggling to stay ashore.
(d) Sink into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dave driving to after he leaves his view of the Pacific Ocean in the Epilogue?
2. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
5. What does Dave refuse to do in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer despite how his mother treats him?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)