|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(b) She makes him stand in the corner.
(c) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(d) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
2. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
(b) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(c) She calls her husband to help.
(d) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) Out in the yard.
(b) To bed.
(c) To the neighbor's house.
(d) To stand in the basement.
4. Who is the bully in Dave's school that beats him up whenever he sees him?
5. What happens to Dave in the winter of 1973, while he is in his classroom?
(a) He screams at the teacher.
(b) He slaps another student.
(c) He runs from the classroom screaming and slams the door behind him.
(d) He wins the spelling bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
4. Who is the leader of a small band of girls that torment Dave?
5. What does Dave realize after years of struggling?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)