|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people does Dave meet after he is rescued?
(b) People who teach him to make the right choices.
(c) People who blame him for his abuse.
(d) Abusive people.
2. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) The Sierras.
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Kicks to the thighs.
(b) Open handed slaps.
(c) Withholding food.
(d) Slaps with a leather belt.
4. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
(a) A new pencil.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A sticker.
(d) Ice cream.
5. What have the challenges of Dave's past done for him?
(a) Made him timid.
(b) Made him lose his self-confidence.
(c) Made him hate himself.
(d) Made him stronger inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)