|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that is too small for him.
(b) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(c) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
(d) A ripped t-shirt.
2. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(b) She is angry that he got home late.
(c) She says that he played on the grass at school.
(d) She finds out he told a lie.
3. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He shamed his family.
(b) He is the best in the class.
(c) He needs to work harder.
(d) She is proud of him.
4. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Deliver newspapers.
(b) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
(c) Grocery shop.
(d) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
5. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
(a) He feels abandoned.
(b) He feels like a wounded animal.
(c) He feels ashamed.
(d) He gives up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
2. What does Dave do to keep from screaming while his stab wound is being cleaned?
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
4. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
5. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)