|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two of Dave's classmates tell him to do when they are on a field trip on a clipper ship?
(a) Tell the principal about the abuse.
(c) Kill his mother.
(d) Tell the police about the abuse.
2. When Dave's father leaves for good, what is Dave's reaction?
(a) He is indifferent to the situation.
(b) He knows that Mother will kill him.
(c) He is glad his father is gone.
(d) He thinks his mother will change now.
3. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
5. What gift does Dave's turbulent past give him, according to the Epilogue?
(a) The knowledge that people are evil.
(b) The satisfaction of revenge.
(c) The knowledge that God is dead.
(d) An appreciation for things others take for granted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
3. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
4. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)