|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(b) That Dave will be late getting home.
(c) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(d) That Dave got a detention.
2. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(b) She is angry that he got home late.
(c) She finds out he told a lie.
(d) She says that he played on the grass at school.
3. What does Dave come to believe just before he enters the fifth grade?
(a) He will always be a slave.
(b) There is no hope for him.
(c) His mother will kill him.
(d) There is no God for him.
4. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He will try to get mother to love him.
(b) He does not care about life anymore.
(c) He vows to be a good boy.
(d) He will try to get help from his brothers.
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is going back to his mother.
(b) Dave is free.
(c) Dave is to blame for everything.
(d) Dave should not make his mother angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
2. How does Dave feel as he looks at the rundown cabin where his family used to vacation?
3. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)