|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, Sonoma County, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
(a) A neighbor is stopping by for coffee.
(b) Social services is coming for a visit.
(c) She is sorry for the abuse.
(d) The school principal is coming for a visit.
2. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The teachers.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The principal.
(d) The nurse.
3. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(d) His brothers see him going up to houses.
4. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(b) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
(c) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
(d) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
5. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, when does Dave believe he will be free of his mother?
(a) When he kills her.
(b) When he runs away.
(c) When his father has her arrested.
(d) When she dies and goes to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
2. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, how does Dave tolerate physical pain?
5. What changes about Dave's sleeping habits in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)