|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From indifference to punishment.
(b) From punishment to leniency.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From discipline to indifference.
2. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will bring food to Dave every day.
(b) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(c) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(d) He will have Mother locked up.
3. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(b) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(c) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
(d) He is reluctant to talk.
4. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) White mice.
(c) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
5. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Ingalls family.
(b) The Partridge family.
(c) The Brady Bunch.
(d) The Cleaver family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
2. How does Dave feel about his father after he tells his father about the stabbing?
3. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)