|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) The day after Thanksgiving.
(c) The week before Christmas.
(d) Right after Halloween.
2. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) The neighbor.
3. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He vows to be a good boy.
(b) He will try to get help from his brothers.
(c) He will try to get mother to love him.
(d) He does not care about life anymore.
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He ran into a door.
(c) The dog jumped on him.
(d) His brother hit him.
5. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From discipline to indifference.
(b) From punishment to leniency.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From indifference to punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
3. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
4. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)