|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) The dog jumped on him.
(c) He ran into a door.
(d) His brother hit him.
2. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
(b) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
(c) She forces him to eat rotten food.
(d) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) They all make decisions as a family.
(d) His mother and father make decisions together.
4. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
(a) The Dungeon.
(b) The Madhouse.
(c) The Prison.
(d) The Nuthouse.
5. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) His mother's pregnancy.
(b) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(c) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(d) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
4. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
5. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)