|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
(a) The prisoner of war position at the bottom of the stairs.
(b) Kneeling on the floor in the corner.
(c) Standing with his face against the wall .
(d) Standing on a chair in the corner.
2. What is the code of Dave's family?
(a) Only Mother gets to control Dave
(b) Watch each other's back.
(c) Everyone blames Dave for everything.
(d) If they don't acknowledge the problem, it does not exist.
3. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
(b) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
(c) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(d) She calls her husband to help.
4. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A sticker.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A new pencil.
5. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She combs his hair.
(b) She makes him a lunch.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She drives him to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)