|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the ladies in the neighborhood give to Dave out of sympathy in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) Lunch in a brown bag.
2. How long does Dave go without food when his father is away?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One week.
3. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
(b) Low morale.
(d) Still hopeful.
4. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
5. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Josephs.
(b) Catherine Roerva.
(c) Catherine Roberts.
(d) Catherine Stephens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave hate more than anyone else?
2. Dave's mother offers him food after many days in Chapter 6, While Father is Away. What does she do when he is about to eat it?
3. When Dave's father leaves for good, what is Dave's reaction?
4. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
5. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)