|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He wills his wound to heal.
(b) He thinks he will die.
(c) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
(d) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
2. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
3. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Right after Halloween.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The day after Thanksgiving.
(d) The week before Christmas.
4. What lie does Dave's mother tell everyone about what Dave did to her while she was pregnant?
(a) Dave kicked her in the stomach.
(b) Dave pushed her down the stairs.
(c) Dave threw soap in her face.
(d) Dave tripped her.
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father?
(a) His father leaves the family.
(b) His father treats his brothers better.
(c) His father fails to rescue him.
(d) His father starts beating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
2. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
3. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
5. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)