|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Deliver newspapers.
(b) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
(c) Grocery shop.
(d) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
2. When Dave's father leaves for good, what is Dave's reaction?
(a) He is glad his father is gone.
(b) He is indifferent to the situation.
(c) He knows that Mother will kill him.
(d) He thinks his mother will change now.
3. What does one of the ladies in the neighborhood give to Dave out of sympathy in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) Lunch in a brown bag.
(d) Fifty cents.
4. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
5. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(c) Dave's brothers.
(d) Money problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
3. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What is Dave's mother's name?
5. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)