|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
(b) She burned her hand on the oven.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is so happy to have a real family.
2. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She finds out he told a lie.
(b) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(c) She is angry that he got home late.
(d) She says that he played on the grass at school.
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(b) His mother's pregnancy.
(c) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(d) Why he doesn't do his homework.
4. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) To the neighbor's house.
(b) To bed.
(c) Out in the yard.
(d) To stand in the basement.
5. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
(a) She tells Dave that she wishes he were dead.
(b) She burns the letter.
(c) She says that she is proud of him.
(d) She gives Dave a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contest does Dave win in the fifth grade?
2. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
3. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
4. What is the code of Dave's family?
5. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)