|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(b) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(c) Dave is always falling down.
(d) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
2. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep after she carves pumpkins with his brothers?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the garden.
(c) On the toilet.
(d) In his father's bed.
3. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that is too small for him.
(b) A ripped t-shirt.
(c) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
4. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(b) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(c) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
5. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(b) She brushes his hair.
(c) She tells him she is sorry.
(d) She gives him a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
2. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
4. What is Dave's mother's name?
5. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)