|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, when does Dave believe he will be free of his mother?
(a) When she dies and goes to hell.
(b) When his father has her arrested.
(c) When he runs away.
(d) When he kills her.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
(a) Stand against the wall.
(b) Sit on rocks in the backyard in the prisoner of war position.
(c) Wash all the windows in the house.
(d) Sit in the basement in the dark.
3. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(b) She tells him she is proud of him.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
4. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(b) He has to mow the lawn.
(c) He has to do his brother's chores.
(d) He has to do the dishes every night.
5. What does Dave's father tell him when Dave goes to him for help after being stabbed?
(a) He tells Dave to go and finish washing the dishes.
(b) He tells Dave to go to bed.
(c) He tells Dave that he will take him to the hospital.
(d) He tells Dave that they will go away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
2. How many days pass before Dave's stab wound gets infected?
3. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
4. What is Dave's mother's name?
5. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)