|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers ask Father.
(b) His brothers ask Mother.
(c) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(d) His brothers tell him it's okay.
2. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
(b) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(c) She calls her husband to help.
(d) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
(a) He hates his father.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He feels the warmth of love.
(d) He feels cold and hollow.
5. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He wills his wound to heal.
(b) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
(c) He thinks he will die.
(d) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, how does Dave tolerate physical pain?
2. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
3. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)