|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(c) Bank clerk.
2. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
(b) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
(c) He agrees with Dave's mother.
(d) He leaves the house.
3. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Wash the floors.
(b) Clean the basement.
(c) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(d) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
4. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(b) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
(c) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
(d) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
5. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(d) His brothers see him going up to houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
2. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
3. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
5. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)