|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his grandmother's house.
(b) To his uncle's house.
(c) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(d) To stay with a neighbor.
2. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
(a) No reaction.
(b) He jumps back, startled.
(c) He cringes in fear.
(d) He cries.
3. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The principal.
(c) The nurse.
(d) A policeman.
4. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
5. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
(a) He feels ashamed.
(b) He feels like a wounded animal.
(c) He feels abandoned.
(d) He gives up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. How many days pass before Dave's stab wound gets infected?
3. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
5. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)