|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(b) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
(c) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(d) She makes him stand in the corner.
2. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) Right after Halloween.
(d) The day after Thanksgiving.
3. What does Dave's father tell him when Dave goes to him for help after being stabbed?
(a) He tells Dave to go and finish washing the dishes.
(b) He tells Dave that he will take him to the hospital.
(c) He tells Dave that they will go away together.
(d) He tells Dave to go to bed.
4. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He is too smelly.
(b) There is no room for him.
(c) He gets car sick.
(d) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he was talking in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother feel after she stabs him?
2. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
4. What is Dave's punishment for exceeding the allotted time for chores in Chapter 5, The Accident?
5. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)