|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
(a) Like an outcast.
(b) He is happier than he has been in a long time.
(c) He is glad to be away from his mother.
(d) Like a free man.
2. What does Dave dream on the night his stab wound infection is cleaned?
(a) He dreams that he kills his mother.
(b) He dreams he fall from a cliff.
(c) He dreams that he drowns in the sea.
(d) He dreams he is Superman.
3. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Right after Halloween.
(b) The day after Thanksgiving.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) The week before Christmas.
4. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He makes up lies on the spot.
(b) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(c) He mumbles incoherently.
(d) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
5. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
(a) She is impatient with them.
(b) She doesn't speak to them.
(c) She tolerates them.
(d) Like kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
5. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)