|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his grandmother's house.
(b) To stay with a neighbor.
(c) To his uncle's house.
(d) To his Aunt Josie's house.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
(a) Sit in the basement in the dark.
(b) Stand against the wall.
(c) Wash all the windows in the house.
(d) Sit on rocks in the backyard in the prisoner of war position.
3. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep after she carves pumpkins with his brothers?
(a) In his father's bed.
(b) On the toilet.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the bathtub.
4. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The Steinhart Aquarium.
(b) The reflecting pool.
(c) The carousel.
(d) The beautiful flower gardens.
5. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) To keep away from the mother cat.
(b) How cats mate.
(c) The miracle of birth.
(d) Not to touch the kittens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
2. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
4. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
5. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)