|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
(b) Deliver newspapers.
(c) Grocery shop.
(d) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
2. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(b) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(c) He says that he tripped and fell.
(d) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
3. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) Not to touch the kittens.
(b) How cats mate.
(c) To keep away from the mother cat.
(d) The miracle of birth.
4. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A new pencil.
(c) A sticker.
(d) A balloon.
5. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(c) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(d) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
2. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
3. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
4. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
5. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)