|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) It is his haven away from mother.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It is torture for him.
2. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(b) They smile at him.
(c) They yell insults at him.
(d) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
3. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She tells him she is proud of him.
4. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
(b) Clean the basement.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
5. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He sasses her.
(b) She sees him hurting his brother.
(c) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(d) She hears him using foul language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
2. Dave's mother offers him food after many days in Chapter 6, While Father is Away. What does she do when he is about to eat it?
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
4. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
5. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)