|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
(a) He feels like a wounded animal.
(b) He feels ashamed.
(c) He feels abandoned.
(d) He gives up.
2. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
3. When does Dave feel the most alone?
(a) When his father leaves for work.
(b) When he goes to bed.
(c) When he is in school.
(d) When he sits on the stairs.
4. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Roerva.
(b) Catherine Josephs.
(c) Catherine Roberts.
(d) Catherine Stephens.
5. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
(a) He is given food but stays in the basement.
(b) He is still ostracized.
(c) He is given food and plays with his brothers.
(d) He is given food but is beaten by his brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment if he looks at one of his brothers?
2. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
3. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
4. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
5. What does Dave do when he finds that his stab wound is infected?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)