|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
2. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will bring food to Dave every day.
(b) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(c) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(d) He will have Mother locked up.
3. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(b) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(c) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) The dog jumped on him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) His brother hit him.
(d) He ran into a door.
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She tells him she is proud of him.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
2. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
3. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)