|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(b) The boy.
(c) The brat.
2. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(b) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(c) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
3. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(b) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(c) When she tucks him into bed.
(d) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
4. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In the top bunk.
(b) In her bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the bottom bunk.
5. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The principal.
(b) The nurse.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
2. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
3. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
5. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)