|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(d) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
2. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She volunteers at the hospital.
(b) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(c) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(d) She volunteers at the school.
3. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
(a) He packs a bag and goes to work.
(b) He goes to bed.
(c) He hides in the garage.
(d) He sits and cries.
4. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
(a) The girl who lives next door.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother Stan.
(d) A boy from his neighborhood.
5. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
(a) She is sorry for the abuse.
(b) The school principal is coming for a visit.
(c) A neighbor is stopping by for coffee.
(d) Social services is coming for a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
4. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
5. Dave's mother offers him food after many days in Chapter 6, While Father is Away. What does she do when he is about to eat it?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)