|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(b) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(c) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(d) When she tucks him into bed.
2. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He gets car sick.
(b) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
(c) There is no room for him.
(d) He is too smelly.
3. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
4. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
(b) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
(c) She forces him to eat rotten food.
(d) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
5. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
(a) The Dungeon.
(b) The Nuthouse.
(c) The Madhouse.
(d) The Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
3. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
5. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)