|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave is always falling down.
(b) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(c) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(d) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
2. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(d) Bank clerk.
3. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He sasses her.
(b) She hears him using foul language.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
4. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Make cookies.
(c) Open one present.
(d) Stay up late.
5. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He leaves his papers blank.
(b) He gets more happy faces than everyone else in the class.
(c) He gets bad grades on all his papers.
(d) He never finishes his school work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
4. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)