|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her determination.
(d) Her love for her family.
2. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(b) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(c) He promises to be good.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
3. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
(a) Sit on rocks in the backyard in the prisoner of war position.
(b) Sit in the basement in the dark.
(c) Wash all the windows in the house.
(d) Stand against the wall.
4. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
(a) The prisoner of war position at the bottom of the stairs.
(b) Standing on a chair in the corner.
(c) Standing with his face against the wall .
(d) Kneeling on the floor in the corner.
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father leaves the house.
(b) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(c) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(d) His father helps his mother torture him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
4. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)