|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets more happy faces than everyone else in the class.
(b) He gets bad grades on all his papers.
(c) He never finishes his school work.
(d) He leaves his papers blank.
2. Dave's mother offers him food after many days in Chapter 6, While Father is Away. What does she do when he is about to eat it?
(a) Grabs the plate away.
(b) Forces him to beg .
(c) Forces him to say grace.
(d) Asks him for a kiss.
3. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
(a) The school principal is coming for a visit.
(b) She is sorry for the abuse.
(c) A neighbor is stopping by for coffee.
(d) Social services is coming for a visit.
4. When does Dave feel the most alone?
(a) When he is in school.
(b) When he sits on the stairs.
(c) When he goes to bed.
(d) When his father leaves for work.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Right after Halloween.
(d) The week before Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
2. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
3. What does one of the ladies in the neighborhood give to Dave out of sympathy in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
5. What is Dave's punishment for exceeding the allotted time for chores in Chapter 5, The Accident?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)