|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she tucks him into bed.
(b) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(c) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(d) When she wakes him up in the morning.
2. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) The police station.
(c) Back to his classroom.
(d) To his father's workplace.
3. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
(b) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
(c) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
(d) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
4. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He sits and cries.
(c) He hides in the garage.
(d) He packs a bag and goes to work.
5. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
(b) He is sent to bed without supper.
(c) He gets sent to his room.
(d) He gets banned from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
2. What is the name of Dave's father?
3. What does Dave do to keep from screaming while his stab wound is being cleaned?
4. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What is the new baby's name?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)