|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He shamed his family.
(b) He needs to work harder.
(c) He is the best in the class.
(d) She is proud of him.
2. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She cleans enough to get by.
(b) She rarely cleans the house.
(c) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(d) She is a clean fiend.
3. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She says that he played on the grass at school.
(b) She is angry that he got home late.
(c) She finds out he told a lie.
(d) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
4. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(b) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(c) He promises to be good.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
5. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She volunteers at the hospital.
(b) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(c) She volunteers at the school.
(d) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
2. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
4. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
5. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)