|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him she is proud of him.
(b) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(c) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(d) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
2. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(b) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
3. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(b) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Clean the basement.
4. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She tells him she is sorry.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She brushes his hair.
(d) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
5. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(b) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(c) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(d) When she tucks him into bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
3. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
4. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)