|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(b) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(c) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(d) He says that he tripped and fell.
2. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave will be late getting home.
(b) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(c) That Dave got a detention.
(d) That she should pick up Dave from school.
3. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Camping in the Sierras.
(b) To the city.
(c) The Russian River.
(d) To the sea.
4. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(b) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(c) His mother and brothers.
(d) His mother and father.
5. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(a) Bank clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Dave's mother's name?
3. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
4. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
5. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)