|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He needs to work harder.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) He shamed his family.
(d) He is the best in the class.
2. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(b) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(c) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(d) He says that he tripped and fell.
3. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(b) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(c) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(d) When she tucks him into bed.
4. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
(b) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(c) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(d) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him she is proud of him.
(b) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
2. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
3. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
5. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)