|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers ask Father.
(b) His brothers ask Mother.
(c) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(d) His brothers tell him it's okay.
2. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She burned her hand on the oven.
(b) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is so happy to have a real family.
3. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(c) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(d) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
4. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He will use any tactic to survive.
(b) He will ask his father to take him away.
(c) He will run away.
(d) He will beg his mother to leave him alone.
5. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always say their prayers.
(b) They should always go to church.
(c) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(d) They should go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
2. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
3. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)