|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He is the best in the class.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) He shamed his family.
(d) He needs to work harder.
2. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(b) He promises to be good.
(c) He begs for forgiveness.
(d) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
3. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) It is his haven away from mother.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) It is torture for him.
(d) He hates it.
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) Camping in the Sierras.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
3. What is Dave's mother's name?
4. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
5. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)