|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, how does Dave tolerate physical pain?
(a) Even light slaps feel like torture.
(b) He is disconnected from it.
(c) He can barely stand it.
(d) It is worse than ever.
2. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She burned her hand on the oven.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She is so happy to have a real family.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
3. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
(b) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
(c) Grocery shop.
(d) Deliver newspapers.
4. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He thinks about revenge.
(b) He thinks he is going to die.
(c) He won't let mother hurt him again.
(d) It has set him free.
5. How does Dave feel about the people around him by Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
(a) He wishes they would acknowledge him.
(b) He wishes they liked him
(c) He hates everyone and everything.
(d) He wishes he could be like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
3. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What contest does Dave win in the fifth grade?
5. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)