|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
(b) A way out of the house.
(c) A huge chocolate cake.
(d) Running away.
2. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
(a) Like an outcast.
(b) He is happier than he has been in a long time.
(c) He is glad to be away from his mother.
(d) Like a free man.
3. What happens when Dave's mother threatens to kill him with a knife?
(a) She stabs Dave in the arm.
(b) She purposely stabs Dave in the stomach.
(c) She stabs Dave in the hand.
(d) She falls and the knife stabs Dave in the chest accidentally.
4. When does Dave feel the most alone?
(a) When his father leaves for work.
(b) When he is in school.
(c) When he sits on the stairs.
(d) When he goes to bed.
5. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave got a detention.
(b) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(c) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(d) That Dave will be late getting home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
2. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
3. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
5. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)