|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
(b) He wills his wound to heal.
(c) He thinks he will die.
(d) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
2. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
(b) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He agrees with Dave's mother.
3. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
(b) She forces him to eat rotten food.
(c) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
(d) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(b) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
5. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
(b) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
(c) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
(d) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
3. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
4. What new punishment does Dave's mother invent for him in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)