|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will bring food to Dave every day.
(b) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(c) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(d) He will have Mother locked up.
2. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
(a) He cringes in fear.
(b) He cries.
(c) No reaction.
(d) He jumps back, startled.
3. Dave's mother offers him food after many days in Chapter 6, While Father is Away. What does she do when he is about to eat it?
(a) Asks him for a kiss.
(b) Forces him to beg .
(c) Forces him to say grace.
(d) Grabs the plate away.
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
(a) She makes him eat his food off the floor.
(b) She doesn't feed him all weekend.
(c) She makes him eat until he is sick.
(d) She tapes his mouth shut.
5. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
(b) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(c) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(d) He goes to his homeroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
2. How does Dave feel about his father after he tells his father about the stabbing?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
5. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)