|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He thinks he will die.
(b) He wills his wound to heal.
(c) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
(d) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(b) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(c) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(d) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
3. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He thinks he is going to die.
(b) It has set him free.
(c) He thinks about revenge.
(d) He won't let mother hurt him again.
4. When Dave brings home a letter from Mr. Zeigler telling Mother about Dave's being the top student in the class, how does Mother react?
(a) She gives Dave a hug.
(b) She says that she is proud of him.
(c) She tells Dave that she wishes he were dead.
(d) She burns the letter.
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father leaves the house.
(b) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(c) His father helps his mother torture him.
(d) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. What is the new baby's name?
5. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, how does Dave tolerate physical pain?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)