|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
(a) Twists his arm.
(b) Puts him in a tub of cold water, forcing his head underwater.
(c) Slaps his face.
(d) Pulls a chunk of hair out of his head.
2. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Camping in the Sierras.
(b) The Russian River.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the sea.
3. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(c) Big Guy.
4. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(b) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
(c) Clean the basement.
(d) Wash the floors.
5. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(b) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(c) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(d) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
2. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
3. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
4. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
5. What happens when Dave's mother threatens to kill him with a knife?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)