|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
(a) No reaction.
(b) He cringes in fear.
(c) He cries.
(d) He jumps back, startled.
2. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers ask Father.
(b) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(c) His brothers ask Mother.
(d) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
3. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(d) His brothers see him going up to houses.
4. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A ripped t-shirt.
(b) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
(c) A shirt that is too small for him.
(d) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
5. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
(a) Standing on a chair in the corner.
(b) Kneeling on the floor in the corner.
(c) Standing with his face against the wall .
(d) The prisoner of war position at the bottom of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
3. What does Dave bring himself to eat after he finishes the breakfast dishes one day in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer ?
4. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)