|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
(a) Sit on rocks in the backyard in the prisoner of war position.
(b) Wash all the windows in the house.
(c) Stand against the wall.
(d) Sit in the basement in the dark.
2. What do two of Dave's classmates tell him to do when they are on a field trip on a clipper ship?
(a) Kill his mother.
(c) Tell the police about the abuse.
(d) Tell the principal about the abuse.
3. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
(b) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
(c) He wills his wound to heal.
(d) He thinks he will die.
4. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(b) When she tucks him into bed.
(c) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(d) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
5. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(b) She calls her husband to help.
(c) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
(d) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
2. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
3. Why does Dave grow to hate his father?
4. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
5. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)