|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every four days.
(c) Once every three days.
(d) Once every other day.
2. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) The principal.
(b) Mr. Zeigler.
(c) Miss Woods.
(d) The school nurse.
3. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She tells him she is proud of him.
(c) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(d) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
4. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Cleaver family.
(b) The Ingalls family.
(c) The Brady Bunch.
(d) The Partridge family.
5. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(b) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(c) He will have Mother locked up.
(d) He will bring food to Dave every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave refuse to do in Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer despite how his mother treats him?
2. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
3. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
4. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)