|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) To be given a detention for being late.
(b) Because he was talking in class.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) To be arrested for stealing.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Finish the dishes.
(c) Go eat some food.
(d) Clean up the mess.
3. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(b) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(c) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(d) Dave is always falling down.
4. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
(a) She props him up on the toilet and wraps his wound.
(b) She calls her husband to help.
(c) She carries him to the garage and leaves him there.
(d) She leaves him bleeding on the floor.
5. By Chapter 7, The Lord's Prayer, when does Dave believe he will be free of his mother?
(a) When he runs away.
(b) When his father has her arrested.
(c) When he kills her.
(d) When she dies and goes to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
3. When is the only time Dave ever has his prayers answered?
4. What does Dave's father tell him when Dave goes to him for help after being stabbed?
5. What does Dave dream on the night his stab wound infection is cleaned?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)