|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Joseph Stephen.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Stephen Joseph.
(d) Stephen David.
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(b) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(c) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
(d) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
3. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(a) Dish Soap.
4. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
(b) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
(c) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(d) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
5. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave is always falling down.
(b) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
5. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)