|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
(b) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(c) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
(d) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) Fiddler crabs.
(c) White mice.
(d) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
3. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
(a) The Prison.
(b) The Madhouse.
(c) The Dungeon.
(d) The Nuthouse.
4. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(b) Stale bread.
(c) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(b) His father leaves the house.
(c) His father helps his mother torture him.
(d) His father is more abusive than his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
4. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
5. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)