|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(b) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
2. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
3. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave is always falling down.
(b) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave's brothers hurt him.
4. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She forces him to eat rotten food.
(b) She pushes a soiled diaper in his face, telling him to eat it.
(c) She forces him to clean Russell's diaper with his bare hands.
(d) She forces him to eat worms from the garden.
5. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He takes it out of the garbage.
(b) He begs his brothers for food.
(c) He gets up at night and sneaks it out of the refrigerator.
(d) He begs his mother for scraps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
2. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
3. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep after she carves pumpkins with his brothers?
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)