|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
2. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She rarely cleans the house.
(b) She cleans enough to get by.
(c) She is a clean fiend.
(d) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
3. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
(b) He is too smelly.
(c) He gets car sick.
(d) There is no room for him.
4. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Stephens.
(b) Catherine Roberts.
(c) Catherine Josephs.
(d) Catherine Roerva.
5. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
(a) He feels cold and hollow.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He feels the warmth of love.
(d) He hates his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
2. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
3. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
4. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)