|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(b) Dave's brothers.
(c) Money problems.
2. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(b) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(c) His father helps his mother torture him.
(d) His father leaves the house.
3. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He will bring food to Dave every day.
(b) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(c) He will have Mother locked up.
(d) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
4. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(d) Dish Soap.
5. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
(a) They do not acknowledge him.
(b) They sneak food to him.
(c) They visit him when mother isn't looking.
(d) They feel sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
2. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
3. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
4. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave's father do to ease Dave's burden in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)