|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's fourth grade substitute teacher give to students who do good work?
(a) A balloon.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) A sticker.
(d) A new pencil.
2. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He will try to get mother to love him.
(b) He does not care about life anymore.
(c) He will try to get help from his brothers.
(d) He vows to be a good boy.
3. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
(a) He hates his father.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He feels the warmth of love.
(d) He feels cold and hollow.
4. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(d) He sleeps in the garage.
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(b) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(c) Stale bread.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
2. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
3. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
4. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
5. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)