|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
(a) He sneaks into the lockers before lunch.
(b) He grabs food right off the lunch tables.
(c) He grabs the lunch bags of the smaller children.
(d) Before school while his classmates are outside playing.
2. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) Their friends.
(b) The principal.
(c) The police.
(d) A neighbor.
3. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
(b) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(c) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
(d) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
4. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
(b) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(c) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(d) When she tucks him into bed.
5. Near the end of summer in Chapter 6, While Father is Away, what does Dave's mother send him to do?
(a) Wash windows in the neighborhood.
(b) Mow lawns in the neighborhood.
(c) Grocery shop.
(d) Deliver newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What is the new baby's name?
4. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)