|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A way out of the house.
(b) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
(c) Running away.
(d) A huge chocolate cake.
2. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
(b) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
(c) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
(d) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
3. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(b) Dave is always falling down.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
4. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(b) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(c) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(d) Stale bread.
5. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen David.
(b) Stephen Joseph.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Joseph Stephen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's name?
2. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
5. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)