|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(c) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
2. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(b) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
(c) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(d) She makes him stand in the corner.
3. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Joseph Stephen.
(d) Stephen David.
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Wash the windows.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Go on picnics.
5. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should go to college.
(b) They should always say their prayers.
(c) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(d) They should always go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
3. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
4. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
5. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)