|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(b) Bank clerk.
2. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He eats food from the freezer.
(b) He eats food out of the garbage can.
(c) He eats food left for the cat.
(d) He eats food that he hid in his pocket.
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(d) He sleeps in the garage.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother.
(b) They all make decisions as a family.
(c) His mother and father make decisions together.
(d) His father.
5. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He convinces her to let him help Dave.
(b) He complies with her demand.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He tells her to shut up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dave's father?
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
3. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
5. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)