|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(c) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
2. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(c) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) White mice.
(c) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
4. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
(a) Dish Soap.
5. What does one of the ladies in the neighborhood give to Dave out of sympathy in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) Lunch in a brown bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
2. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
5. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)