|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Plant the vegetable garden.
(c) Go on picnics.
(d) Wash the windows.
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(a) New Year's Day.
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(b) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(c) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(d) His mother's pregnancy.
4. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
(a) He feels the warmth of love.
(b) He feels cold and hollow.
(c) He hates his father.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(c) Dave's brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
3. What is the name of Dave's father?
4. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
5. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)