|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) White mice.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
2. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
(a) He hates his father.
(b) He feels the warmth of love.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He feels cold and hollow.
3. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(b) New Clothes.
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Portola or Memorial Park.
(b) The Sierras.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave is always falling down.
(b) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
3. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
4. What does Dave's mother tell him to do while she takes his brothers to the zoo?
5. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)