|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave react when his father says goodbye to him?
(a) He does not care about life anymore.
(b) He will try to get mother to love him.
(c) He will try to get help from his brothers.
(d) He vows to be a good boy.
2. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
3. What new torture does Dave's mother come up with when she sends him to clean the bathroom in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) She has him wash the bathroom floor with his shirt.
(b) She puts a bucket of Clorox and ammonia in the room with him.
(c) She has him clean up broken glass in bare feet and hands.
(d) She forces him to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) The Sierras.
5. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He tells her to shut up.
(b) He convinces her to let him help Dave.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He complies with her demand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
2. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
3. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
4. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)