|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new baby's name?
2. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Stay up late.
(c) Open one present.
(d) Make cookies.
3. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(c) Bank clerk.
4. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He tells her to shut up.
(b) He complies with her demand.
(c) He convinces her to let him help Dave.
(d) He slaps her.
5. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(b) He mumbles incoherently.
(c) He makes up lies on the spot.
(d) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dave go without food when his father is away?
2. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
3. When does Dave feel the most alone?
4. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
5. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)