|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(b) The boy.
(c) The brat.
2. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) Someday they will leave Mother's house.
(b) He will force Mother to stop her abuse.
(c) He will bring food to Dave every day.
(d) He will have Mother locked up.
3. What is Father's reaction when mother tells him to stop helping Dave in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He complies with her demand.
(c) He convinces her to let him help Dave.
(d) He tells her to shut up.
4. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(c) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
5. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(b) Dave is always falling down.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave's brothers hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
3. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
5. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)