|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
(d) White mice.
2. How is Dave treated by the rest of the family when his mother is in the hospital?
(a) He is given food but stays in the basement.
(b) He is given food and plays with his brothers.
(c) He is still ostracized.
(d) He is given food but is beaten by his brothers.
3. Why does the school nurse begin to be interested in Dave's condition in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) One of the other children reports Dave's condition to her.
(b) The substitute teacher reports Dave's condition to her.
(c) She notices Dave's wretched appearance.
(d) One of Dave's neighbors calls the school.
4. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(b) She is a clean fiend.
(c) She cleans enough to get by.
(d) She rarely cleans the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother suddenly allow Dave to eat with the family, watch TV, and give him new clothes to wear?
2. When does Dave feel the most alone?
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
4. What does Dave's mother force him to drink that burns the flesh from his mouth?
5. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)