|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The beautiful flower gardens.
(b) The Steinhart Aquarium.
(c) The reflecting pool.
(d) The carousel.
2. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Make cookies.
(b) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(c) Open one present.
(d) Stay up late.
3. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
4. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) To bed.
(b) Out in the yard.
(c) To the neighbor's house.
(d) To stand in the basement.
5. Who do Dave's brothers bring to the house to see him being punished in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
(a) The police.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Their friends.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
3. What is Dave's frame of mind when he sees his father leaving for work in the morning?
4. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
5. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)