|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
2. How does Dave feel about his brothers as he hears them laugh at a TV show while they eat their desserts?
3. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(b) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
(b) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(c) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(d) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Right after Halloween.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) The week before Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dave go without food when his father is away?
2. What does Dave's father promise him as they talk quietly together in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)