Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
4. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
5. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
Essay Topic 1
Leonidas goes through a sort of rite of passage by killing a huge wolf at the beginning of the timeline of this story.
Part 1: Describe the story of Leonidas and the wolf. What happens?
Part 2: What does the wolf symbolize in the story of Leonidas and the wolf?
Part 3: What might have happened had Leonidas never encountered the wolf as described in this story?
Essay Topic 2
The armies both want to intimidate the other army in order to get the upper hand in the battle.
Part 1: How much of a battle do you think is mental? How much is physical?
Part 2: Is it more important for any army to have mental toughness or physical toughness? Why?
Part 3: What does intimidation do to the opposing army who is being intimidated? What does the intimidation do for the army who is doing the intimidating?
Essay Topic 3
Leonidas notes that that excessive pride of Xerxes is what is getting him in trouble with others.
Part 1: Why might pride be a bad thing to have when you are a leader of others?
Part 2: Why does Leonidas see pride as a character flaw in Xerxes?
Part 3: Don't you think Leonidas has a lot of pride too? Why or why not?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)