Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
4. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
5. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
Essay Topic 1
Some of the people in the Persian army are driven ahead, only by the lashes of a whip.
Part 1: Do you think pain or fear of pain is a good enough reason to fight well for an army?
Part 2: What are some other ways that the soldiers in the Persian army could have been motivated?
Part 3: Why do you think the soldiers lashed the soldiers during the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Leonidas goes through a sort of rite of passage by killing a huge wolf at the beginning of the timeline of this story.
Part 1: Describe the story of Leonidas and the wolf. What happens?
Part 2: What does the wolf symbolize in the story of Leonidas and the wolf?
Part 3: What might have happened had Leonidas never encountered the wolf as described in this story?
Essay Topic 3
The ambassador from Persia tries to get the Spartans to surrender before the battle even begins, and loses an arm at the same time.
Part 1: What would be the value of surrendering for the Spartan army? How would the Persians benefit?
Part 2: Do you think the Persian army believes the Spartans had any possibility of surrendering? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it would have been a better idea for the Spartans to have surrendered? Why or why not?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)