Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
4. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
5. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
The bravery of the Spartans is seen from the very beginning of the battle with the Persians.
Part 1: How do you think the bronze armor helped the bravery of the Spartans?
Part 2: Do you think that all of Leonidas' army is as brave as he thinks they are? Why or why not?
Part 3: What might make a soldier true to his army? What makes a soldier brave enough to fight?
The theme of war is one that pervades this story, though it seems at times to take over the minds of men and make them do things that they might not have normally done.
Part 1: Why do you think Persia and Sparta are at war with each other?
Part 2: Do you think Persia and Sparta could ever stop being at war and come to a truce? Why or why not?
Part 3: How does the war between Persia and Sparta compare with modern day wars? How is it similar and how is it different?
Leonidas goes through a sort of rite of passage by killing a huge wolf at the beginning of the timeline of this story.
Part 1: Describe the story of Leonidas and the wolf. What happens?
Part 2: What does the wolf symbolize in the story of Leonidas and the wolf?
Part 3: What might have happened had Leonidas never encountered the wolf as described in this story?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)