|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
2. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
3. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(b) Kills Leonidas
(c) Flings himself over the precipice
(d) Argues with Leonidas
4. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Open field
(b) Goat path
(d) Hot Gates
5. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
2. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
3. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
4. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
5. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)