|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
2. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(a) No one
3. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(a) A Trojan Horse
(b) Their phalanx
(c) Slippery corpses
4. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(b) Hidden wooden opening
(c) Goat path
5. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(c) Bent leg
(d) Army precisional
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
2. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
3. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
4. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
5. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
2. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
3. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
4. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
5. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
6. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
7. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
8. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
9. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
10. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)