|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
2. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
3. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
4. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Oracle is warning them
(d) Persians are coming
5. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(c) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Minora
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
2. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
3. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
4. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
5. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
2. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
3. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
4. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
5. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
6. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
7. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
8. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
9. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
10. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)