|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
2. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
3. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
4. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
5. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Alpha Majora
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
2. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
3. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
4. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
5. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
2. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
3. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
4. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
5. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
6. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
7. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
8. What tale does Dilios tell as the Persian Ambassador visits the Spartan camp?
9. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
10. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)