|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
5. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
2. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
3. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
4. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
5. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
2. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
3. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
4. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
5. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
6. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
7. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
8. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
9. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
10. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)