|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(b) Goat path
(d) Hidden wooden opening
2. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
3. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(a) No one
4. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
5. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) The angry gods
(b) Shifting soil
(c) Persian army
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
2. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
3. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
4. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
5. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
2. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
3. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
4. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
5. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
6. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
7. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
8. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
9. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
10. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)