|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
2. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
3. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
4. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
5. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too beautiful
(b) Too weak
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
2. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
3. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
4. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
5. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
2. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
3. What formation does Leonidas command once he realizes the camels might prove problematic in battle?
4. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
5. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
6. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
7. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
8. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
9. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
10. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)