|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
2. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Jewels
(b) The Immortals
(c) The Skulls
(d) The elephants
3. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Open field
(c) Goat path
(d) Hot Gates
4. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
5. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
Short Answer Questions
1. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
2. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
3. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
4. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
5. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
2. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
3. After the initial assault of the Persians is defeated, what do the Persians do next to the Spartans?
4. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
5. What formation does Leonidas command once he realizes the camels might prove problematic in battle?
6. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
7. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
8. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
9. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
10. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)