|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
2. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
3. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
4. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
5. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
2. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
3. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
4. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
5. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
Short Essay Questions
1. What formation does Leonidas command once he realizes the camels might prove problematic in battle?
2. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
3. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
4. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
5. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
6. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
7. What tale does Dilios tell as the Persian Ambassador visits the Spartan camp?
8. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
9. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
10. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)