|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Beheads him
(b) Lashes him
(c) Gouges out an eye
(d) Cuts off his arm
4. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
5. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
2. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
3. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
4. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
5. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
3. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
4. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
5. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
6. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
7. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
8. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
9. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
10. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)