|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Jewels
(b) The Skulls
(c) The Immortals
(d) The elephants
2. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
(d) Perisan envoy
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
5. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) The thunder rumbles
(b) Lightning streaks across the sky
(c) The ground shakes
(d) They all fall down
Short Answer Questions
1. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
4. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
5. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
2. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
3. What formation does Leonidas command once he realizes the camels might prove problematic in battle?
4. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
5. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
6. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
7. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
8. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
9. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
10. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)