|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(b) Army precisional
(d) Bent leg
2. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
3. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
4. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
5. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(a) Lambda Sigma
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Alpha phalanx
Short Answer Questions
1. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
2. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
5. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the initial assault of the Persians is defeated, what do the Persians do next to the Spartans?
2. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
3. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
4. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
5. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
6. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
7. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
8. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
9. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
10. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)