|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) They all fall down
(b) Lightning streaks across the sky
(c) The thunder rumbles
(d) The ground shakes
2. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
3. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
4. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
5. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(c) Oracle is warning them
(d) Persians are coming
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
2. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
3. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
4. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
5. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
2. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
3. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
4. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
5. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
6. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
7. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
8. After the initial assault of the Persians is defeated, what do the Persians do next to the Spartans?
9. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
10. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)