|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(a) Prison camp
(b) Body count
2. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
3. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(b) Into each other
(d) Into the Greek spears
4. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
5. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) No one
(c) Persian captives
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
2. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
3. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
4. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
5. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
2. What does King Xerxes offer to Leonidas when he comes into the camp the evening after battle?
3. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
4. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
5. What tale does Dilios tell as the Persian Ambassador visits the Spartan camp?
6. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
7. Describe the appearance of the Hot Gates where the Spartans are fighting.
8. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
9. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in King Xerxes?
10. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)