|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
2. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
3. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Minora
4. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
5. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
2. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
3. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
4. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
5. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
2. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
3. What is the Persian Ambassador worried about when he approaches camp?
4. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
5. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
6. What ensures no man in the Spartan army will falter or flee, according to the story?
7. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
8. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
9. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
10. After the initial assault of the Persians is defeated, what do the Persians do next to the Spartans?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)