|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(a) His wife
(b) Earlier scouting unit
2. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(b) A Trojan Horse
(c) Their phalanx
(d) Slippery corpses
3. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
4. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
5. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
2. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
3. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
4. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
5. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
2. What does Leonidas do in order to restore the honor of Stelios before the other men?
3. What is the hoplite phalanx formation that the Spartans use and what happens when it is used in battle?
4. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
5. What does the Persian Ambassador do, even after his significant injury?
6. What tale does Dilios tell as the Persian Ambassador visits the Spartan camp?
7. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
8. Why wasn't Ephialtes left to die of exposure in the fields in Sparta like other deformed children?
9. After the initial assault of the Persians is defeated, what do the Persians do next to the Spartans?
10. What is shown in the graphics to represent the harsh training the soldiers undergo at camp?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)