|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
2. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Majora
3. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
(a) His sister
(b) His brother
(c) His mother
(d) His father
4. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
5. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
2. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
3. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
4. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
5. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the missing Persian scouting group?
2. Who is the Persian representative that come into camp as the Spartans begin to ready for a major battle?
3. What do the Spartans do with the Persian corpses from their battle in order to intimidate others, it seems?
4. Where do the Spartan defensive tactics center (location-wise) in the beginning of this chapter?
5. Why doesn't Leonidas accept Ephialtes as a soldier in the Spartan army when he asks to be a part of the march?
6. What is the advantage of fighting at the Hot Gates for the Spartans or for any army that uses this location?
7. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
8. What is the initial reaction to the Persian Ambassador when he comes into camp?
9. What has Ephialtes taken from his father and brought with him as he sought the Spartan forces?
10. What does Ephialtes hope to gain from fighting with the Spartan army as one of the soldiers?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)