|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
2. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
3. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
4. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is beaten
(c) He is kicked out of the formation
(d) He leaves the army
5. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
2. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
3. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
4. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonidas think about the ephors and their ruling about whether the Spartans can fight?
2. What does King Leonidas order Stelios to do with the captain that has been beaten senselessly?
3. What is the path of the combined forces of Leonidas and the others who meet up with him?
4. What does Leonidas suggest to the ephors that the Spartan army does when they fight the Persians?
5. Why do the ephors object to the plans of Leonidas when he comes to visit them?
6. What is one of the reasons why Leonidas refuses to send the sign of subjugation to the Persian king?
7. Why does Leonidas believe he brought more soldiers than anyone, even though Daxos' group is larger?
8. Why does Dilios tell stories to the soldiers as they are preparing for battle?
9. What do the soldiers in the beginning of the novel wear as they match to battle?
10. What does the Persian envoy tell Leonidas to send to the Persian king as a sign of subjugation?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)