|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(b) Chain mail
2. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(b) Persian traitors
3. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Windy day
(c) Soldier's moods
(d) Pelting rain
4. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) All must be killed
(b) War rules
(d) Peacetime doctrine
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Mouth
(c) Hell's Gate
(d) Hell's Hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
2. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
3. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the path of the combined forces of Leonidas and the others who meet up with him?
2. What does Leonidas suggest to the ephors that the Spartan army does when they fight the Persians?
3. What does Leonidas have to do prior to beginning a full scale military expedition, according to Spartan law?
4. For how long have the soldiers at the start of this novel been marching?
5. What does the Persian envoy tell Leonidas to send to the Persian king as a sign of subjugation?
6. What does the Queen instruct Leonidas to come back doing as he marches off without explaining where he is going?
7. What kinds of weapons are the soldiers carrying as they march to battle at the start of this novel?
8. What does King Leonidas order Stelios to do with the captain that has been beaten senselessly?
9. What happens to Stelios as he marches in the weather at the beginning of the novel?
10. Describe the weather conditions for the soldiers as they have marched during the beginning of this story.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)