|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
2. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
3. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Hair
(d) Hell's Mouth
4. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
5. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be victorious
(b) Be destroyed
(c) Be famous in its flames
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
2. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
3. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the ephors object to the plans of Leonidas when he comes to visit them?
2. What is the path of the combined forces of Leonidas and the others who meet up with him?
3. What is the object of the march of the soldiers in the beginning of this manuscript?
4. Describe the area in which the ephors live during this second chapter of the book.
5. Why is Daxos disappointed with Leonidas when he sees him marching toward his own group of troops?
6. What happens to Stelios as he marches in the weather at the beginning of the novel?
7. What do the other Greek commanders do when they join up with Leonidas and his soldiers?
8. What does the Queen instruct Leonidas to come back doing as he marches off without explaining where he is going?
9. What does Leonidas have to do prior to beginning a full scale military expedition, according to Spartan law?
10. Why does Dilios tell stories to the soldiers as they are preparing for battle?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)