|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Persian traitors
(b) Violent storm
2. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
3. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(b) Chain mail
4. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
5. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
2. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
3. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
4. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
5. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
Short Essay Questions
1. For how long have the soldiers at the start of this novel been marching?
2. Why is Daxos disappointed with Leonidas when he sees him marching toward his own group of troops?
3. What does Leonidas have to do prior to beginning a full scale military expedition, according to Spartan law?
4. Describe the oracle that Leonidas next confers with after talking with the ephors.
5. Why does Dilios tell stories to the soldiers as they are preparing for battle?
6. What is the path of the combined forces of Leonidas and the others who meet up with him?
7. Why does Leonidas believe he brought more soldiers than anyone, even though Daxos' group is larger?
8. What does the Persian envoy tell Leonidas to send to the Persian king as a sign of subjugation?
9. What is the object of the march of the soldiers in the beginning of this manuscript?
10. What kinds of weapons are the soldiers carrying as they march to battle at the start of this novel?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)