|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) Persian envoy
(b) His Queen
(c) A severed head
(d) A note from China
2. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
3. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their profession
(b) Their family tree
(c) Their motivation
(d) Their skill set
4. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
5. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
3. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
4. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
5. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Dilios begins to tell the men before his is interrupted by a panicked Daxos?
2. What is the object of the march of the soldiers in the beginning of this manuscript?
3. Describe the oracle that Leonidas next confers with after talking with the ephors.
4. What happens when the Persian Ambassador decides to lash Dilios?
5. For how long have the soldiers at the start of this novel been marching?
6. What happens when the elephants are finally injured during the battle with the Spartans?
7. What do the soldiers in the beginning of the novel wear as they match to battle?
8. What formation does Leonidas command once he realizes the camels might prove problematic in battle?
9. What does Ephialtes want from King Xerxes in exchange for his services?
10. What happens to Stelios as he marches in the weather at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)