|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
2. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) Signed surrender
(b) Gold coins
(c) Jar of earth and water
(d) An elephant
3. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(d) Persian traitors
4. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) All must be killed
(c) War rules
(d) Peacetime doctrine
5. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
3. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonidas do when the Persian Ambassador once again asks for his surrender?
2. Why do the ephors object to the plans of Leonidas when he comes to visit them?
3. For how long have the soldiers at the start of this novel been marching?
4. Why does Leonidas believe he brought more soldiers than anyone, even though Daxos' group is larger?
5. What kinds of armor and weaponry do the Persians have during battle?
6. What are the lightly armored and armed soldiers of the Persian army driven forward by on the second day of battle?
7. What injury has Dilios suffered during the battle, though he makes an effort to recover with a bandage?
8. What happens as the attack on the Spartans begins to collapse? How does King Xerxes respond?
9. What is the story Dilios begins to tell the men before his is interrupted by a panicked Daxos?
10. What does Ephialtes reveal to King Xerxes after he is disrobed by two beautiful women?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)