|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(a) Persian fleet
(d) Athenian princes
2. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be victorious
(b) Be famous in its flames
(d) Be destroyed
3. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
4. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
5. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A cape of red
(b) A shield from wood
(c) A light spear
(d) A kettle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
2. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
3. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
4. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
5. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of weapons are the soldiers carrying as they march to battle at the start of this novel?
2. What is the path of the combined forces of Leonidas and the others who meet up with him?
3. What does King Leonidas order Stelios to do with the captain that has been beaten senselessly?
4. What does the Persian envoy tell Leonidas to send to the Persian king as a sign of subjugation?
5. What happens to Stelios as he marches in the weather at the beginning of the novel?
6. Describe the oracle that Leonidas next confers with after talking with the ephors.
7. Why does Leonidas believe he brought more soldiers than anyone, even though Daxos' group is larger?
8. What kind of instrument is being played by a man at the beginning of the troops?
9. Why is Daxos disappointed with Leonidas when he sees him marching toward his own group of troops?
10. What does the Queen instruct Leonidas to come back doing as he marches off without explaining where he is going?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)