|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
2. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(a) Peace agreement
(c) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(d) Demands from Xerxes
3. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
4. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
5. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
6. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Minora
7. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
8. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Immortals
(b) The Jewels
(c) The Skulls
(d) The elephants
9. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
10. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(d) Young boys
11. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(b) Persians are coming
(c) Oracle is warning them
12. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
13. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(a) Goat path
(b) Hidden wooden opening
14. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(a) Kills Leonidas
(c) Flings himself over the precipice
(d) Argues with Leonidas
15. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Lack of honor
(b) Broken heart
(d) Leaping from the cliff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
2. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
3. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
4. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
5. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)