|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Gouges out an eye
(b) Lashes him
(c) Cuts off his arm
(d) Beheads him
2. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) Persian captives
(c) No one
3. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Immortals
(b) The elephants
(c) The Skulls
(d) The Jewels
4. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(a) Metal pans
(c) Wicker berets
5. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
6. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too weak
(d) Too beautiful
7. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
8. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
9. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(b) Oracle is warning them
(c) Persians are coming
10. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(a) Alpha Minora
(d) Hoplite phalanx
11. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
12. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
13. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
14. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
15. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Leaping from the cliff
(b) Broken heart
(c) Lack of honor
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
2. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
3. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
4. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
5. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)