|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
2. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
3. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
4. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
5. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
6. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(a) Body count
(b) Prison camp
7. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
8. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Immortals
(b) The Skulls
(c) The Jewels
(d) The elephants
9. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(c) Bent leg
(d) Army precisional
10. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
11. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too beautiful
(d) Too weak
12. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
13. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is lauded
(b) He is killed
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is taken prisoner
14. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Persian camels
(b) Their helmets
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Their shields
15. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
2. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
3. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
4. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
5. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)