|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(a) Into the Greek spears
(b) Into each other
2. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
(b) Pieces of wood
3. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(c) Alpha Minora
(d) Hoplite phalanx
4. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(b) Alpha Majora
(c) Hoplite phalanx
5. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
6. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
7. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
8. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) The angry gods
(c) Persian army
(d) Shifting soil
9. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
(c) Absolute warlord
10. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Lashes him
(b) Beheads him
(c) Cuts off his arm
(d) Gouges out an eye
11. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(b) Metal pans
(d) Wicker berets
12. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(b) His wife
(d) Earlier scouting unit
13. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(b) Alpha phalanx
(c) Lambda Sigma
14. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
15. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(c) Hidden wooden opening
(d) Goat path
Short Answer Questions
1. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
2. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
3. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
4. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
5. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)