|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
(c) Light foot infantry
2. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
3. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
4. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
5. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
6. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
7. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is ignored
(c) He is lauded
(d) He is taken prisoner
8. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
9. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
10. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
11. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(a) No one
12. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(b) Army precisional
(d) Bent leg
13. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) In the ground
(b) Among the crags
(c) On top of the cliff
(d) Under the cliff
14. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
15. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Lashes him
(b) Gouges out an eye
(c) Beheads him
(d) Cuts off his arm
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
2. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
3. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
4. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
5. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)