|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
2. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(a) Kills Leonidas
(b) Flings himself over the precipice
(d) Argues with Leonidas
3. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
(d) Perisan envoy
4. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
5. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
(b) Light foot infantry
6. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
7. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(b) His wife
(c) Earlier scouting unit
8. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) On top of the cliff
(b) Under the cliff
(c) Among the crags
(d) In the ground
9. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
10. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
11. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
12. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(a) No one
(c) Persian captives
13. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) The ground shakes
(b) Lightning streaks across the sky
(c) They all fall down
(d) The thunder rumbles
14. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(c) Bent leg
(d) Army precisional
15. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
2. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
3. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
4. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
5. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)