|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
(a) Absolute warlord
4. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(a) No one
(c) Persian captives
5. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Gouges out an eye
(b) Lashes him
(c) Cuts off his arm
(d) Beheads him
6. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
7. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
8. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(a) Metal pans
(c) Wicker berets
9. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
10. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
11. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
12. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(a) A Trojan Horse
(b) Slippery corpses
(c) Their phalanx
13. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(c) Too weak
(d) Too beautiful
14. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(c) Bent leg
(d) Army precisional
15. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
2. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
3. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
4. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
5. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)