|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) Lightning streaks across the sky
(b) They all fall down
(c) The thunder rumbles
(d) The ground shakes
2. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
3. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
4. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
5. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
6. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
7. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) No one
(c) Persian captives
8. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
9. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
10. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) Persian army
(c) Shifting soil
(d) The angry gods
11. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
12. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
13. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
(a) Pieces of wood
14. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Goat path
(c) Hot Gates
(d) Open field
15. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
Short Answer Questions
1. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
2. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
3. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
4. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
5. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)