|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
4. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
(a) Intelligence issues
5. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(a) Persian captives
(b) No one
6. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(b) Oracle is warning them
(c) Persians are coming
7. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
8. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(b) Earlier scouting unit
(d) His wife
9. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) Under the cliff
(b) On top of the cliff
(c) Among the crags
(d) In the ground
10. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
11. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
12. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
13. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
14. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
15. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
2. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
3. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
4. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
5. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)