|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
2. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
3. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(c) Yards wide
(d) Inches wide
4. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
5. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(b) Young boys
6. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
7. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(a) Metal pans
(c) Wicker berets
8. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(c) Goat path
(d) Hidden wooden opening
9. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) Among the crags
(b) In the ground
(c) Under the cliff
(d) On top of the cliff
10. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
11. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) No one
(d) Persian captives
12. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
13. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
14. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
15. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
2. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
3. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
4. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
5. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)