|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is ignored
(b) He is lauded
(c) He is taken prisoner
(d) He is killed
2. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
3. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
4. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
5. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
6. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(b) Into the Greek spears
(c) Into each other
7. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
8. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Cuts off his arm
(b) Lashes him
(c) Beheads him
(d) Gouges out an eye
9. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(b) Too beautiful
(c) Too weak
10. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
11. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(c) Goat path
(d) Hidden wooden opening
12. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The Jewels
(b) The Skulls
(c) The Immortals
(d) The elephants
13. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
14. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Lambda Sigma
(d) Alpha phalanx
15. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
2. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
3. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
4. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
5. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)