Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
2. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(b) Persian army
(c) The angry gods
(d) Shifting soil
5. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Alpha phalanx
(d) Lambda Sigma
6. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) They all fall down
(b) The ground shakes
(c) Lightning streaks across the sky
(d) The thunder rumbles
7. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
8. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
9. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Oracle is warning them
(b) Persians are coming
10. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Beheads him
(b) Gouges out an eye
(c) Lashes him
(d) Cuts off his arm
11. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
12. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(a) Kills Leonidas
(b) Flings himself over the precipice
(c) Argues with Leonidas
13. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
14. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(a) Yards wide
(b) Inches wide
15. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Lack of honor
(b) Broken heart
(c) Leaping from the cliff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
2. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
3. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
4. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
5. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)