|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
(d) Perisan envoy
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(a) His wife
(c) Earlier scouting unit
4. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
5. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
6. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(b) Into the Greek spears
(c) Into each other
7. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
8. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) Under the cliff
(b) Among the crags
(c) In the ground
(d) On top of the cliff
9. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(c) No one
10. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Lack of honor
(c) Broken heart
(d) Leaping from the cliff
11. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(c) No one
(d) Persian captives
12. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
13. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
(d) Intelligence issues
14. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
15. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
2. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
3. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
4. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
5. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)