|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Leaping from the cliff
(b) Broken heart
(d) Lack of honor
2. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Oracle is warning them
(b) Persians are coming
3. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Open field
(c) Goat path
4. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
5. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The elephants
(b) The Immortals
(c) The Jewels
(d) The Skulls
6. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
7. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(a) Prison camp
(c) Body count
8. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
9. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(c) Into the Greek spears
(d) Into each other
10. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
11. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
12. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) Persian army
(b) Shifting soil
(c) The angry gods
13. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
14. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
15. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Their helmets
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian camels
(d) Persian corpses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
2. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
3. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
4. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
5. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)