|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Gouges out an eye
(b) Cuts off his arm
(c) Beheads him
(d) Lashes him
2. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
3. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
4. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(b) Alpha phalanx
(d) Lambda Sigma
5. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(b) Prison camp
(d) Body count
6. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
7. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
8. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
9. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
10. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
11. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(d) No one
12. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
13. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
(a) Light foot infantry
14. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
15. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
(a) His father
(b) His sister
(c) His brother
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
2. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
3. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
4. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
5. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)