|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Oracle is warning them
(c) Persians are coming
2. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
3. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Their shields
(b) Persian corpses
(c) Their helmets
(d) Persian camels
4. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Goat path
(d) Open field
5. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
(b) Pieces of wood
6. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(b) Lambda Sigma
(c) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha phalanx
7. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
8. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
9. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
10. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
11. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
12. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
13. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
14. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
15. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Minora
Short Answer Questions
1. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
2. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
3. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
4. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
5. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)