|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
2. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
3. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
4. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
5. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
6. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(b) Goat path
(c) Hot Gates
(d) Open field
7. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
8. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
9. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Persian corpses
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian camels
(d) Their helmets
10. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
11. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
(a) Absolute warlord
12. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
13. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
14. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
15. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
(a) Light foot infantry
Short Answer Questions
1. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
2. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
3. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
4. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
5. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)