|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) No one
(c) Persian captives
2. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
3. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(a) Goat path
(b) Hidden wooden opening
4. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
5. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(b) Persian army
(c) Shifting soil
(d) The angry gods
6. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
7. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
8. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
9. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
10. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
11. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(a) His wife
(d) Earlier scouting unit
12. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
13. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
(c) Pieces of wood
14. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(b) Lambda Sigma
(c) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha phalanx
15. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
2. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
3. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
4. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
5. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)