|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
2. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(c) Too beautiful
(d) Too weak
3. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(a) Goat path
(c) Hidden wooden opening
4. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
5. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is ignored
(c) He is killed
(d) He is lauded
6. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) On top of the cliff
(b) In the ground
(c) Under the cliff
(d) Among the crags
7. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
(a) Into the Greek spears
(c) Into each other
8. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
9. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
10. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
11. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
(a) The elephants
(b) The Skulls
(c) The Immortals
(d) The Jewels
12. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(b) A Trojan Horse
(c) Slippery corpses
(d) Their phalanx
13. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
14. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
15. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
2. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
3. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
4. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
5. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)