|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
(c) Light foot infantry
2. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
3. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(a) Inches wide
(b) Yards wide
4. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
5. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
6. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
7. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(b) Hidden wooden opening
(c) Goat path
8. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
9. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
10. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(a) Body count
(d) Prison camp
11. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Majora
12. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(a) Wicker berets
(d) Metal pans
13. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(b) Oracle is warning them
(d) Persians are coming
14. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
15. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too beautiful
(c) Too weak
Short Answer Questions
1. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
2. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
3. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
4. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
5. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)