|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
2. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
3. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Leaping from the cliff
(c) Lack of honor
(d) Broken heart
4. What is the Persian visitor worried about the disappearance of as he enters the camp?
(a) Earlier scouting unit
(c) His wife
5. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
6. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(a) Prison camp
(b) Body count
7. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
(a) Alpha Minora
(b) Hoplite phalanx
8. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
9. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
10. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
11. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Open field
(d) Goat path
12. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
13. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
14. What do the Persians fire at the Spartans in hopes of breaking them down?
(b) Pieces of wood
15. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
2. Who refused to give up Ephialtes, which led to his being saved from death?
3. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
4. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
5. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)