|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too beautiful
(d) Too weak
2. The overlapping shields of the Spartan soldiers create a solid wall of ___________.
3. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
4. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
5. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Open field
(b) Hot Gates
(d) Goat path
6. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
7. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(c) Persian captives
(d) No one
8. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is lauded
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is taken prisoner
9. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
10. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Their helmets
(b) Persian corpses
(c) Persian camels
(d) Their shields
11. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(b) Young boys
12. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(a) No one
13. Spartan infants who show any ____________ are generally left to die.
(c) Intelligence issues
14. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
15. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(b) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(c) Peace agreement
(d) Demands from Xerxes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas order the Spartans to use as their formation when he begins to realize the power of the animals?
2. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
5. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)