|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) Persian army
(b) Shifting soil
(c) The angry gods
2. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
(a) Hidden wooden opening
(b) Goat path
3. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
4. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is lauded
(c) He is killed
(d) He is ignored
5. What do the Persian army men wear on their heads as a part of their military uniforms?
(b) Metal pans
(d) Wicker berets
6. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(d) Alpha Majora
7. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
8. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Their helmets
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Persian camels
9. The iron clad ____________ of the Spartan army ensures no man will falter or flee.
10. What does Leonidas believe the Persian King thinks he is?
(a) Too beautiful
(d) Too weak
11. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(b) Persian captives
(c) No one
12. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
13. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
(c) Perisan envoy
14. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
15. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Persians are coming
(d) Oracle is warning them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
2. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
3. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
4. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
5. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)