|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(a) Alpha Majora
(d) Hoplite phalanx
2. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(b) Persians are coming
(d) Oracle is warning them
3. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
4. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(a) A Trojan Horse
(c) Slippery corpses
(d) Their phalanx
5. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
6. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
(b) Prison camp
(d) Body count
7. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Persian camels
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Their helmets
8. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
9. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
10. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
11. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
12. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
13. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) The thunder rumbles
(b) The ground shakes
(c) They all fall down
(d) Lightning streaks across the sky
14. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(c) Young boys
15. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) In the ground
(b) On top of the cliff
(c) Under the cliff
(d) Among the crags
Short Answer Questions
1. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
2. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
3. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
4. Ephialtes is still angered by Leonidas' absolute ________________.
5. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)