|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
2. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
3. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
4. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
5. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(b) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
6. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
7. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(a) Brave ones
(c) Truthful men
8. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
9. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
10. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
(b) Mount Olympus
(c) Craggy peak
(d) Middle of Athens
11. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
12. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(b) Persian traitors
13. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To warn them
(b) To educate them
(c) To inspire them
(d) To humor them
14. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
15. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(c) Athenian princes
(d) Persian fleet
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
3. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
4. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
5. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)