|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
2. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
3. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Shield, sword
(b) Sword, shield
(c) Shield, shield
(d) Head, back
6. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
7. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
8. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He leaves the army
(b) He is beaten
(c) He is kicked out of the formation
(d) He is killed
9. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
(a) A soldier
(b) Some blood
(c) His wife
(d) Heavy gold coins
10. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
11. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
12. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(c) A robe of leaves
(d) Wolf pelt
13. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
14. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
15. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(c) Narrow fissure in the cliff
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
2. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
3. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
4. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)