|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
2. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
3. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
4. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(b) Hell's Mouth
(c) Hell's Hair
6. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
7. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
8. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
9. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To inspire them
(b) To educate them
(c) To warn them
(d) To humor them
10. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 460 BC
(b) 480 BC
(c) 500 BC
(d) 420 BC
11. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
12. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
13. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
14. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
15. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(a) Very few
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
2. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
3. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
4. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
5. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)