|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
2. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
3. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A narrow wound
(b) A concave settlement
(c) The Hell's Gate
(d) The end of time
4. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(b) Pelting rain
(c) Soldier's moods
(d) Windy day
5. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
6. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(b) War rules
(c) All must be killed
(d) Peacetime doctrine
7. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(b) Athenian princes
(d) Persian fleet
8. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
9. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
10. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
11. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
12. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is killed
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is kicked out of the formation
(d) He is beaten
13. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(c) Violent storm
(d) Persian traitors
14. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
15. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
2. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
3. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
4. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
5. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)