|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
2. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
3. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
4. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(c) Truthful men
(d) Brave ones
5. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
6. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
7. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Blood on the ground
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Clear sky
8. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
9. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
10. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
11. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
12. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
(a) The Queen
13. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
14. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
15. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
2. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
3. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
4. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
5. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)