|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(d) Persian traitors
2. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(b) Back to his ship
(d) Back to his country
3. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
(b) The Queen
4. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A light spear
(b) A shield from wood
(c) A cape of red
(d) A kettle
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
6. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
7. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
8. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
9. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
10. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
11. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
12. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
13. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
14. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(b) Hot Gates
(c) Goat pass
(d) Holy Houses
15. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
2. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
3. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
4. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
5. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)