|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A shield from wood
(b) A kettle
(c) A cape of red
(d) A light spear
2. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Shield, sword
(b) Head, back
(c) Sword, shield
(d) Shield, shield
3. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Food for the day
(b) Water for the day
(c) Weapons for the battle
(d) Clothing for the night
4. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
5. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
6. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
7. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
8. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
9. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Windy day
(c) Pelting rain
(d) Soldier's moods
10. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
11. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(d) Chain mail
12. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
13. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
14. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
15. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
2. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
3. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
4. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
5. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)