|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) One year
(b) One week
(c) Three days
(d) Two years
2. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two years
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) Two months
3. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
(a) They do not reply
4. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 500 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 480 BC
5. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
6. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
7. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
8. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
9. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
10. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is kicked out of the formation
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is killed
(d) He is beaten
11. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
12. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
13. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
14. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
15. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
2. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
3. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
4. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
5. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)