|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
2. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
3. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
4. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
5. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
6. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(b) Very few
7. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
8. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
9. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) Persian envoy
(b) His Queen
(c) A severed head
(d) A note from China
10. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their skill set
(b) Their motivation
(c) Their profession
(d) Their family tree
11. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
12. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
13. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Shield, sword
(b) Head, back
(c) Sword, shield
(d) Shield, shield
14. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be famous in its flames
(c) Be destroyed
(d) Be victorious
15. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
2. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
3. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
4. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
5. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)