Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two days
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Two years
3. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
4. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
5. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
6. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A cape of red
(b) A shield from wood
(c) A kettle
(d) A light spear
7. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(b) Truthful men
(d) Brave ones
8. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Shield, sword
(b) Head, back
(c) Sword, shield
(d) Shield, shield
9. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
10. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
11. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
12. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
13. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
14. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
(a) The Queen
15. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
2. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
3. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
4. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
5. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)