|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
2. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
3. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(c) Back to his ship
(d) Back to his country
4. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Hair
(b) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Mouth
6. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(c) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
7. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
8. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
9. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
10. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
11. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
12. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) Three days
(d) One week
13. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
14. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He leaves the army
(b) He is beaten
(c) He is kicked out of the formation
(d) He is killed
15. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(a) Very few
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
2. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
3. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
4. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
5. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)