|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is kicked out of the formation
(b) He is killed
(c) He leaves the army
(d) He is beaten
2. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
3. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A shield from wood
(b) A cape of red
(c) A light spear
(d) A kettle
4. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
5. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(b) Chain mail
6. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two months
(b) Two days
(c) Two years
(d) Two weeks
7. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(c) Narrow fissure in the cliff
8. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
9. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
10. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Mouth
(b) Hell's Hair
(d) Hell's Gate
11. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
12. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(b) Persian traitors
13. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
14. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A narrow wound
(b) A concave settlement
(c) The Hell's Gate
(d) The end of time
15. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(b) War rules
(c) All must be killed
(d) Peacetime doctrine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
2. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
3. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
4. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
5. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)