|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
2. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
3. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
4. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Shield, sword
(b) Head, back
(c) Sword, shield
(d) Shield, shield
5. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) One week
(b) One year
(c) Three days
(d) Two years
6. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
7. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
8. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(b) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Mouth
(d) Hell's Hair
9. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
10. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
(a) Poisonous waters
(b) Black tar
11. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
12. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
13. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
(d) The Queen
14. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
15. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
(c) The Queen
(d) Persian infiltrator
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
2. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
3. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
4. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
5. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)