|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
2. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(c) Chain mail
3. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
4. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(c) Very few
5. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
6. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
7. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A concave settlement
(b) The end of time
(c) The Hell's Gate
(d) A narrow wound
8. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
9. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
10. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
11. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Hair
(b) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Mouth
12. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
13. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
14. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
15. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is kicked out of the formation
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is killed
(d) He is beaten
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
2. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
3. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
4. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
5. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)