|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(c) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
3. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
4. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
5. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(b) Windy day
(c) Pelting rain
(d) Soldier's moods
6. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Clear sky
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Blood on the ground
7. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
8. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
9. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
10. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
11. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
12. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
13. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
14. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
15. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
Short Answer Questions
1. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
2. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
3. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
4. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
5. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)