|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
(c) They do not reply
2. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
3. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
4. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) The Hell's Gate
(b) A concave settlement
(c) The end of time
(d) A narrow wound
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
6. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two years
(c) Two months
(d) Two days
7. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
8. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
9. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
10. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
11. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
12. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Windy day
(b) Soldier's moods
(d) Pelting rain
13. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
14. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) Three days
(b) One week
(c) One year
(d) Two years
15. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
2. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
3. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
4. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
5. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)