|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(a) Brave ones
(b) Truthful men
2. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(b) Back to his ship
(c) Back to his country
3. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A narrow wound
(b) The end of time
(c) A concave settlement
(d) The Hell's Gate
4. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
(a) His wife
(b) Heavy gold coins
(c) A soldier
(d) Some blood
5. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(c) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
6. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
7. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
8. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
9. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
10. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
11. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
12. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
13. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 480 BC
(b) 500 BC
(c) 420 BC
(d) 460 BC
14. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
15. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
3. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
4. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
5. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)