|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Broken heart
(b) Leaping from the cliff
(c) Lack of honor
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Clear sky
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Blood on the ground
(d) Persian corpses
3. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) Among the crags
(b) On top of the cliff
(c) In the ground
(d) Under the cliff
4. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
5. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
Short Answer Questions
1. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
2. Where are most of the Persian fighters forced to go when they are faced with the new Greek formation?
3. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
4. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
5. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)