|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Athenians have recently gained a __________ victory over the Persians at Salamis.
(d) Open land
2. What do the men think of the answer to #106? What do the soldiers believe is happening?
(a) Oracle is warning them
(d) Persians are coming
3. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(b) Hell's Hair
(d) Hell's Mouth
4. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
5. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
2. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
3. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
4. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
5. What is the Spartan formation that proves unstoppable to the Persian army?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)