|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(b) Hell's Mouth
(c) Hell's Hair
2. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(a) Chain mail
3. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 420 BC
(b) 460 BC
(c) 480 BC
(d) 500 BC
4. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(a) Brave ones
(d) Truthful men
5. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who later tells the story of Leonidas and his 300 soldiers at the Hot Gates?
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
4. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
5. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)