|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(a) Alpha phalanx
(b) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Lambda Sigma
2. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Goat pass
(d) Holy Houses
3. Where does the blow from Leonidas strike Xerxes when it hits him?
4. Ephialtes compares the attack of the Thespians to the attack of the _____________ that occurred earlier.
5. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
2. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
5. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)