|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Beheads him
(b) Cuts off his arm
(c) Lashes him
(d) Gouges out an eye
2. Who later tells the story of Leonidas and his 300 soldiers at the Hot Gates?
3. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
4. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(b) Yards wide
(c) Inches wide
5. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
2. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
3. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
4. When the Persian army is unsuccessful, the Persian king begins to execute his _____________ for incompetence.
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)