|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) War rules
(c) All must be killed
(d) Peacetime doctrine
2. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
(a) On top of the cliff
(b) In the ground
(c) Under the cliff
(d) Among the crags
3. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
4. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
5. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is lauded
(b) He is killed
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is taken prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second wave of Persian soldiers surrounded by as they come to attack the Spartans?
2. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
3. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
4. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
5. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)