|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
2. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) His sister
(d) His brother
3. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their profession
(b) Their skill set
(c) Their family tree
(d) Their motivation
4. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
5. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
2. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
3. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
4. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
5. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)