|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
(a) Poisonous waters
(b) Black tar
2. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
3. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) Signed surrender
(b) An elephant
(c) Jar of earth and water
(d) Gold coins
4. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(b) Demands from Xerxes
(c) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(d) Peace agreement
5. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
2. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
3. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
4. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
5. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)