|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(b) Inches wide
(d) Yards wide
2. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
3. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
4. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
(a) The angry gods
(b) Shifting soil
(c) Persian army
5. Who does the Persian visitor see butchered and impaled as he enters the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
2. As a result of his deformity, Ephialtes, Leonidas tells him he can not be a part of the ___________.
3. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
4. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
5. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)