|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(a) Peace agreement
(b) Demands from Xerxes
(c) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
2. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
3. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
4. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
(b) Yards wide
(d) Inches wide
5. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(b) Slippery corpses
(c) Their phalanx
(d) A Trojan Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
2. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
3. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
4. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
5. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)