|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two years
(b) Two months
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
2. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Lashes him
(b) Cuts off his arm
(c) Beheads him
(d) Gouges out an eye
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(c) Back to his ship
(d) Back to his country
5. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
2. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
3. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
4. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
5. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)