|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
2. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Hot Gates
(c) Open field
(d) Goat path
3. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(b) Narrow fissure in the cliff
4. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(c) No one
5. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be destroyed
(b) Be victorious
(d) Be famous in its flames
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
2. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
3. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
4. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
5. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)