|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
2. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To educate them
(b) To warn them
(c) To humor them
(d) To inspire them
3. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) One week
(d) Three days
4. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
5. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Goat path
(c) Open field
(d) Hot Gates
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
2. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
4. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
5. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)