|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
2. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
3. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A concave settlement
(b) The end of time
(c) A narrow wound
(d) The Hell's Gate
4. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Persian corpses
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian camels
(d) Their helmets
5. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(b) Argues with Leonidas
(c) Kills Leonidas
(d) Flings himself over the precipice
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
2. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
3. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
4. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
5. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)