|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
2. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(b) Bent leg
(c) Army precisional
3. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Lashes him
(b) Cuts off his arm
(c) Beheads him
(d) Gouges out an eye
4. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
5. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 480 BC
(b) 500 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 420 BC
Short Answer Questions
1. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
2. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
5. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)