|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
2. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Windy day
(b) Pelting rain
(c) Soldier's moods
3. The narrow trail is near a cliff which falls to the ___________ below.
4. What kinds of shields do the Persian army carry, which are also not very effective against the Greeks?
5. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(b) Slippery corpses
(c) Their phalanx
(d) A Trojan Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
2. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
3. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
4. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
5. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)