|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
(a) His brother
(b) His father
(c) His sister
(d) His mother
2. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be famous in its flames
(b) Be destroyed
(d) Be victorious
3. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
4. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(c) No one
(d) Persian captives
5. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) The Hell's Gate
(b) A narrow wound
(c) A concave settlement
(d) The end of time
Short Answer Questions
1. The others in the army view Ephialtes' appearance with _________________ as he hulks over to see them.
2. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
3. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
4. What does Leonidas see as a major flaw in the Persian king?
5. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)