|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dilios spins a tale of Spartan ____________ as the Persian visitor begins to speak to the camp.
2. Who takes the foremost point of the triangle in the new formation the Spartans take against the Persians?
3. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) Persian envoy
(b) A note from China
(c) A severed head
(d) His Queen
4. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Soldier's moods
(b) Windy day
(d) Pelting rain
5. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
2. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
3. Who wishes to have an audience with Leonidas after the fighting during the day?
4. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
5. Spartan soldiers swim and dive from a massive wall made of ____________ and Persian corpses.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)