|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(d) Chain mail
2. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Goat path
(c) Open field
(d) Hot Gates
3. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
4. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is killed
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is beaten
(d) He is kicked out of the formation
5. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
2. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
3. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
4. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
5. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)