|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(b) Alpha Majora
2. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(b) Narrow fissure in the cliff
3. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Food for the day
(b) Clothing for the night
(c) Water for the day
(d) Weapons for the battle
4. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
(b) Poisonous waters
(d) Black tar
5. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
2. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
3. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
4. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
5. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)