|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(a) Back to his ship
(b) Back to his country
2. What kind of pushups are the soldiers in this chapter doing?
(c) Army precisional
(d) Bent leg
3. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
4. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(a) Chain mail
5. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Goat path
(b) Hot Gates
(d) Open field
Short Answer Questions
1. Who staggers into the Spartan camp, which surprises everyone who sees him?
2. Who is assigned as a picket for the night after the Spartans won two decisive victories over the Persians?
3. Who is watching from a distance and is becoming nervous that the Spartans might actually win?
4. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
5. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)