|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is ignored
(b) He is lauded
(c) He is taken prisoner
(d) He is killed
2. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
3. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
(a) A soldier
(b) Heavy gold coins
(c) His wife
(d) Some blood
4. Where are the babies left to die when they are seen to have troubles, like those in the answer to #89?
5. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
2. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
3. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
4. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
5. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)