|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(a) Holy Houses
(c) Goat pass
(d) Hot Gates
2. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(d) Chain mail
3. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
4. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
5. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their skill set
(b) Their profession
(c) Their family tree
(d) Their motivation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
2. The Spartans are stacking up a large __________ of Persians even before the main battle begins.
3. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
4. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
5. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)