|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) His Queen
(b) A severed head
(c) Persian envoy
(d) A note from China
2. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
(a) A soldier
(b) Heavy gold coins
(c) Some blood
(d) His wife
3. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is lauded
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is killed
4. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
(a) His father
(b) His sister
(c) His brother
(d) His mother
5. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
2. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
3. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
4. When he arrives at the Spartan camp, Ephialtes has his ____________ clothing, armor, and weaponry.
5. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)