|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(b) Hell's Hair
(d) Hell's Mouth
2. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
3. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
4. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Weapons for the battle
(b) Water for the day
(c) Food for the day
(d) Clothing for the night
5. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(c) Persian captives
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
2. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
3. In the Greek formation in #101, what must interlock in order to provide cover to the soldiers?
4. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
5. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)