|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Food for the day
(b) Clothing for the night
(c) Water for the day
(d) Weapons for the battle
2. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
3. What happens when the Persian visitor first enters the camp of the Greeks?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is killed
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is lauded
4. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
Short Answer Questions
1. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
2. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
3. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
4. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
5. Ephialtes reveals that his father taught him to fight like a _____________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)