|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
2. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(a) Chain mail
3. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(b) Young boys
4. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two years
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two days
(d) Two months
5. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
2. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
4. Who is the misshapen and hunchbacked man who approaches the Spartans?
5. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)