|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
(b) Poisonous waters
(d) Black tar
2. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
3. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
4. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 460 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 500 BC
(d) 480 BC
5. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) A note from China
(b) Persian envoy
(c) A severed head
(d) His Queen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
2. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
3. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
4. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
5. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)