|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
2. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
(a) Persian captives
(c) No one
3. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their skill set
(b) Their family tree
(c) Their profession
(d) Their motivation
4. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
5. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
2. What is Ephialtes not able to raise to the proper height, as seen in his demonstration of his fighting ability?
3. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
4. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
5. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)