|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Persian corpses
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Blood on the ground
(d) Clear sky
3. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
4. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
5. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 500 BC
(b) 480 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 420 BC
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
2. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
3. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
4. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
5. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)