|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
2. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
3. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(c) Very few
4. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
5. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
(c) The Queen
(d) Persian infiltrator
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
2. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
3. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
4. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
5. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)