|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(a) Back to his country
(b) Back to his ship
2. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 480 BC
(b) 500 BC
(c) 420 BC
(d) 460 BC
3. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
4. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
5. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Jar of earth and water
(c) Gold coins
(d) Signed surrender
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
2. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
3. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
4. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
5. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)