|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
2. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
3. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
4. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
5. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A concave settlement
(b) The Hell's Gate
(c) The end of time
(d) A narrow wound
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
2. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
4. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
5. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)