|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
2. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Jar of earth and water
(c) Signed surrender
(d) Gold coins
3. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
(c) Persian infiltrator
(d) The Queen
4. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(c) Narrow fissure in the cliff
(d) Goat's pass
5. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(b) Persian fleet
(c) Athenian princes
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
2. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
3. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
4. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
5. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)