|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) War rules
(b) All must be killed
(c) Peacetime doctrine
2. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
3. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
4. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
5. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
2. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
3. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
4. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
5. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)