|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(a) Wolf pelt
(b) A robe of leaves
2. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A cape of red
(b) A light spear
(c) A shield from wood
(d) A kettle
3. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Sword, shield
(b) Shield, sword
(c) Shield, shield
(d) Head, back
4. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
5. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
2. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
4. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)