|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
2. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 460 BC
(b) 480 BC
(c) 420 BC
(d) 500 BC
3. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
4. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be famous in its flames
(b) Be victorious
(d) Be destroyed
5. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(a) Wolf pelt
(b) A robe of leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
2. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
3. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
4. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
5. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)