|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Clear sky
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Blood on the ground
2. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
3. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
4. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) All must be killed
(c) Peacetime doctrine
(d) War rules
5. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(b) Soldier's moods
(c) Windy day
(d) Pelting rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
2. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
3. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
4. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
5. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)