|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
3. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
4. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be victorious
(b) Be destroyed
(d) Be famous in its flames
5. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
(a) They do not reply
Short Answer Questions
1. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
2. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
3. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
4. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
5. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)