|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
2. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 500 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 480 BC
3. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Persian traitors
(b) Violent storm
4. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
5. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
2. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
3. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
4. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
5. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)