|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(b) A robe of leaves
(d) Wolf pelt
2. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
3. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
(a) Persian infiltrator
(c) The Queen
4. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 500 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 480 BC
(d) 460 BC
5. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
2. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
3. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
4. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
5. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)