|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
2. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
3. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
4. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
5. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two months
(b) Two years
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two days
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
2. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
3. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
4. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
5. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)