|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two days
(c) Two months
(d) Two years
2. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Food for the day
(b) Weapons for the battle
(c) Clothing for the night
(d) Water for the day
3. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
4. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
5. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(c) Brave ones
(d) Truthful men
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
2. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
3. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
4. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
5. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)