|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(a) Wolf pelt
(c) A robe of leaves
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Darkness falling
(b) Clear sky
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Blood on the ground
3. The men at the beginning of this graphic novel are marching from where?
4. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To humor them
(b) To inspire them
(c) To warn them
(d) To educate them
5. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
2. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
3. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
4. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
5. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)