|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) A narrow wound
(b) The Hell's Gate
(c) The end of time
(d) A concave settlement
2. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
3. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
4. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(a) Very few
5. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
2. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
3. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
4. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
5. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)