|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) War rules
(b) All must be killed
(c) Peacetime doctrine
2. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
3. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
4. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two days
(c) Two months
(d) Two years
5. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
2. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
3. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
4. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
5. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)