|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Blood on the ground
(b) Clear sky
(c) Darkness falling
(d) Persian corpses
2. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
3. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(c) Persian fleet
(d) Athenian princes
4. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(a) Chain mail
5. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
Short Answer Questions
1. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
2. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
3. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
4. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
5. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)