|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
2. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
(a) Their skill set
(b) Their profession
(c) Their motivation
(d) Their family tree
3. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
4. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Holy Houses
(d) Goat pass
5. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To humor them
(b) To educate them
(c) To inspire them
(d) To warn them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
2. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
3. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
4. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
5. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)