|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
(b) Truthful men
(d) Brave ones
2. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two months
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two years
(d) Two days
3. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
(a) Clothing for the night
(b) Food for the day
(c) Weapons for the battle
(d) Water for the day
4. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
5. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
2. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
3. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
4. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)