|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
2. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
(a) Craggy peak
(b) Middle of Athens
(c) Mount Olympus
3. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Sword, shield
(b) Head, back
(c) Shield, sword
(d) Shield, shield
4. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
5. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
3. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)