|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
2. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) The Hell's Gate
(b) The end of time
(c) A narrow wound
(d) A concave settlement
3. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
(a) Three days
(b) One week
(c) Two years
(d) One year
4. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
5. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
2. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
3. Who orders the captain to stop the beating of the man who ended up falling down from the heat?
4. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
5. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)