|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Honor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
2. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
3. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 480 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 500 BC
4. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
5. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
2. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
3. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
4. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
5. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)