|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Honor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
2. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) The end of time
(b) A concave settlement
(c) The Hell's Gate
(d) A narrow wound
3. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
4. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To inspire them
(b) To humor them
(c) To educate them
(d) To warn them
5. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
2. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
3. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
4. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
5. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)