|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Honor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
2. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is kicked out of the formation
(b) He is beaten
(c) He leaves the army
(d) He is killed
3. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
4. What does the boy fashion as he is out on his quest?
(a) A shield from wood
(b) A cape of red
(c) A light spear
(d) A kettle
5. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
3. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
4. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
5. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)