|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Honor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
2. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is kicked out of the formation
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is killed
(d) He is beaten
3. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
4. The object of the march of the men is glory and _________ as they march to meet their enemies.
5. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
2. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
3. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
4. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
5. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)