|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Broken heart
(c) Leaping from the cliff
(d) Lack of honor
2. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
3. The Persian archers send in a rain of _____________ which blot out the sun.
4. Where are the Spartan defensive tactics centering on at the start of this chapter?
(a) Goat path
(b) Hot Gates
(c) Open field
5. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
(a) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
2. Who has since died in great shame, which becomes Ephialtes' motivation?
3. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
4. Who refused to abandon Ephialtes' mother, which also helped to save him?
5. What group of Greeks are retreating when the Persian army advances into Greek territory?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)