|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(a) Back to his ship
(b) Back to his country
2. Who has lost an eye in the battle between the Spartans and the Persians?
3. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
4. Who is the last of the Spartans to die in the final battle with the Persians?
5. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
2. What does Leonidas recognize the tremors in the earth to be?
3. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
4. What does Leonidas hurl at the distant Xerxes, though it does not harm him?
5. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)