|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
2. The Persian army begins to surround the _____________ from both sides.
(a) Goat Pass
(b) Hot Gates
(c) Hell's Mouth
(d) Cliff Wall
3. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
4. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(b) Hell's Hair
(c) Hell's Gate
(d) Hell's Mouth
5. At what time of day does the Persian army attack on the second day of combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
2. How many naked women go to help Ephialtes out of his tattered clothes?
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. ______________ does not answer but he does strip off his helmet and shield as he thinks of the battle with the wolf.
5. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)