|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
2. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
3. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
(a) Their helmets
(b) Their shields
(c) Persian corpses
(d) Persian camels
4. Where does the blow from Leonidas strike Xerxes when it hits him?
5. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(c) Chain mail
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
2. Who has lost an eye in the battle between the Spartans and the Persians?
3. What does Ephialtes reveal to Leonidas as a way to circumvent the Hot Gates?
4. The Persian archers send in a rain of _____________ which blot out the sun.
5. What does Leonidas hurl at the distant Xerxes, though it does not harm him?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)