|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
2. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
3. What caused the destruction of the items from the question #68?
(a) Violent storm
(b) Persian traitors
4. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) Lightning streaks across the sky
(b) The ground shakes
(c) They all fall down
(d) The thunder rumbles
5. What are sitting on top of the answer to #149 as they advance toward the Spartan army?
(a) Peasant fighters
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
2. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
3. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
4. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
5. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)