|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas hurl at the distant Xerxes, though it does not harm him?
2. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
3. What happens when the army begins to leave in order to protect the secret path, as revealed by Ephialtes?
(a) The thunder rumbles
(b) The ground shakes
(c) They all fall down
(d) Lightning streaks across the sky
4. Who later tells the story of Leonidas and his 300 soldiers at the Hot Gates?
5. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
2. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
3. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
4. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
5. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)