|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
(a) He is killed
(b) He leaves the army
(c) He is kicked out of the formation
(d) He is beaten
2. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
3. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
4. What is the place where the boy leads the animal called?
(a) The end of time
(b) A concave settlement
(c) A narrow wound
(d) The Hell's Gate
5. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Windy day
(b) Pelting rain
(c) Soldier's moods
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
3. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
4. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
5. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)