|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
2. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) A note from China
(b) Persian envoy
(c) A severed head
(d) His Queen
3. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
4. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
5. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Gold coins
(c) Signed surrender
(d) Jar of earth and water
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
2. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
3. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
4. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
5. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)