|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
(a) Two days
(b) Two years
(c) Two months
(d) Two weeks
2. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(b) Narrow fissure in the cliff
3. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
4. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
5. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To inspire them
(b) To educate them
(c) To humor them
(d) To warn them
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
2. For how many days have the men been marching to arrive at their location?
3. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
4. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
5. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)