|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Hair
(d) Hell's Mouth
2. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
3. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
4. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
5. What does the boy of the story with the animal eventually become for the city of Sparta?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
2. Leonidas thinks that the __________ are decrepit old men who are completely out of touch with the modern world.
3. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
4. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
5. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)