|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) Persian envoy
(b) A severed head
(c) A note from China
(d) His Queen
2. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
(b) The Queen
(c) Persian infiltrator
3. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Blood on the ground
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Clear sky
(d) Persian corpses
4. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
5. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas believes he has brought more ____________ than anyone else.
2. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
3. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
4. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
5. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)