|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
2. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To educate them
(b) To humor them
(c) To warn them
(d) To inspire them
3. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
4. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
5. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 500 BC
(b) 480 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 420 BC
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oracle inhale as she begins to talk with Leonidas about his war plans?
2. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
3. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
4. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
5. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)