|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
(a) 480 BC
(b) 420 BC
(c) 460 BC
(d) 500 BC
2. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
3. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
4. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
3. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
4. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
5. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)