|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
2. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
3. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
4. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Gold coins
(c) Jar of earth and water
(d) Signed surrender
5. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
2. What does Leonidas have to donate before he can see the ephors?
3. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
4. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
5. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)