|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
2. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(a) A robe of leaves
(c) Wolf pelt
3. Where does Leonidas send the Persian envoy that is sent to collect the surrender?
(c) Back to his ship
(d) Back to his country
4. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(b) Hell's Mouth
(c) Hell's Hair
5. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leonidas objects to the ruling of the ephors, who is he told to see next?
2. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
3. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
4. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
5. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)