|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. Why does the storyteller tell the rest of the men stories as they sit around at camp?
(a) To educate them
(b) To inspire them
(c) To warn them
(d) To humor them
3. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
4. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
5. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
2. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
3. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
4. How old is the boy in the story of the wolf that the men like to hear again and again?
5. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)