|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers see driven to the shore? Elements of the ______________.
(b) Athenian princes
(d) Persian fleet
2. What begins to turn into a violent storm the closer they move toward the Hot Gates?
(a) Soldier's moods
(b) Pelting rain
(d) Windy day
3. What is the nickname given to the man who has fallen over because of the heat of the day?
4. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
5. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(a) Hot Gates
(b) Holy Houses
(c) Goat pass
Short Answer Questions
1. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
2. Leonidas muses that his distant rival, ___________, has already refused the Persian envoy's demands, so he does too.
3. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
4. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
5. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)