|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
(a) Hell's Gate
(c) Hell's Mouth
(d) Hell's Hair
2. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
(b) A robe of leaves
(c) Wolf pelt
3. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) All must be killed
(b) Peacetime doctrine
(c) War rules
4. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
5. The ___________ King is in command of all of the soldiers who have finally arrived at the Hot Gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
2. How long ago was the meeting with the ephors and the oracle?
3. Who expresses dismay over how few soldiers Leonidas has brought to the battleground?
4. What is the year in the only dates frame in this first chapter?
5. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)