|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many warriors is Leonidas going to be joined by on his walk away from his home?
2. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
(a) Blood on the ground
(b) Darkness falling
(c) Clear sky
(d) Persian corpses
3. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger asked that Leonidas send a ________ of earth and a jar of water to the King of Persia.
2. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
3. Who is the man to which all the commanders of other armies give their power to?
4. What does the king tell the men they will go without because of the incident with the captain and the beating?
5. What is the name of the Persian King who asks Leonidas for his surrender?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)