|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ realizes the Greeks have no hope of surviving the battle before them.
2. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
3. Where do the ephors that Leonidas needs to visit with actually live?
(a) Craggy peak
(b) Mount Olympus
(c) Middle of Athens
4. What kind of animal is the boy stalked by as he is sitting in the wilderness?
5. The boy is expected to ____________ for a period of time without supplies or equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
2. What would the earth and the water have shown to the King of Persian had Leonidas sent them?
3. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
4. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
5. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)