|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are wearing heavy __________ helmets as they are marching to meet their enemy.
2. What arrived in Sparta that caused the King to make a decision which led to the battle they are marching to?
(a) A severed head
(b) Persian envoy
(c) His Queen
(d) A note from China
3. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(a) Demands from Xerxes
(b) Peace agreement
(c) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
4. What does the boy lead the stalking animal into that proves to be the demise of the animal?
(a) Goat's pass
(d) Narrow fissure in the cliff
5. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. How long ago did Leonidas refuse the offer of the Persian envoy to surrender to them?
3. Who allows Ephialtes to speak with him in private about his wishes to be a part of the Spartan army?
4. Who gives the nickname to the man who has fallen down during their march?
5. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)