|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the loin straps made out of in the soldiers' uniforms as they march?
2. What does Ephialtes do when he hears he cannot be a part of the Spartan resistance?
(a) Kills Leonidas
(b) Argues with Leonidas
(d) Flings himself over the precipice
3. The men who are marching are armed with short _______ and heavy spears.
(b) Chain mail
4. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Signed surrender
(c) Jar of earth and water
(d) Gold coins
5. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(b) Demands from Xerxes
(c) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(d) Peace agreement
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the the King should be surrounded by bodyguards on his walk?
2. Which soldier succumbs to the heat, growing dizzy and stumbling around?
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
5. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)