|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Persian ambassador continue to deliver, even as he is hurt badly?
(a) Demands from Xerxes
(b) A prayer for the souls of the Spartans
(d) Peace agreement
2. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
(a) They do not reply
3. The young boy in the story leaves ______________ in order to travel to the wilderness to prove himself.
4. Who is the character who spins the stories for the men as they are at their camps?
5. How many years have passed since the story of the boy and the animal has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
2. What does the boy return to Sparta wrapped in so as to show his victory?
3. What is the color of the cloaks of the men in the army marching at the beginning of this novel?
4. What happens to the soldier who falls over because of the heat of the day?
5. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)