|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are also carrying large circular __________ as they march to meet their enemy.
2. Who is doing the intense physical training depicted at the start of this chapter?
(b) Young boys
3. What Greek formation requires that the soldiers hold their bodies in a certain formation?
(a) Hoplite phalanx
(c) Lambda Sigma
(d) Alpha phalanx
4. What does the place where the ephors live emit from the rocks?
(a) Black tar
(b) Poisonous waters
5. The men in the army are being led by a man who is playing the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas ask of the soldiers in the Arcadian Greek army in order to refute others who criticize his army?
2. When Leonidas announces he is going for a walk, in what direction does he say he will travel?
3. The remainder of the Persian envoy's entourage is then ___________ at Leonidas' orders.
4. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
5. A Persian ____________ travels toward the Greek camp in order to speak with Leonidas
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)