|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
2. How many soldiers are rumored to be in the Persian army that Leonidas is planning on fighting?
(b) Very few
3. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
4. The Spartans only need to defend a narrow strip of ______________ against the Persian attack when they are at the Hot Gates.
5. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
2. Who are standing on the backs of the soldiers as they do the intense push-ups?
3. What is the Persian visitor traveling on as they enter into the Greek camp?
4. The Hot Gates themselves are a narrow ______________ gap at the base of a wall.
5. What is the first formation the Greeks fall into when the Persians eventually attack?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)