|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the important Spartan religious festival that the ephors say cannot be a time of war?
2. The Queen tells Leonidas he should come back either with his ____________ or on his _____________.
(a) Sword, shield
(b) Head, back
(c) Shield, shield
(d) Shield, sword
3. What was Ephialtes thought to have died from before?
(a) Lack of honor
(b) Leaping from the cliff
(d) Broken heart
4. The oracle also states that no Spartan army will ____________.
5. What does the Spartan soldier do to the Persian ambassador in response to his actions?
(a) Cuts off his arm
(b) Lashes him
(c) Gouges out an eye
(d) Beheads him
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are thought to be in the area when the final Greek attachments join Leonidas and Daxos?
2. Xerxes wants to raise an army to smash _________ as well.
3. Where were the forces of Daxos hiding from the Persian army?
4. Before the armies match to Hot Gates, where do they have to pass in their march?
5. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)