|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) An elephant
(b) Signed surrender
(c) Jar of earth and water
(d) Gold coins
2. The oracle announces that Sparta will ________________.
(a) Be famous in its flames
(b) Be victorious
(c) Be destroyed
3. The Hot Gates are a part of a massive cliff ______________ that blocks the path for many miles.
4. Who does the Persian ambassador attempt to lash as he becomes more and more frustrated?
5. What do the Spartans push at the fine army from Persian, causing them to break their ranks?
(b) A Trojan Horse
(c) Their phalanx
(d) Slippery corpses
Short Answer Questions
1. Xerxes orders his personal bodyguard, _______________, into combat.
2. After Leonidas leaves the ephors, who emerges from the shadows to speak with the ephors?
3. What kind of terrain is Leonidas leading his men over as the day continues to be hot and oppressive?
4. What do the Spartans pile into a slippery and unstable wall at the end of their victory over the second wave of Persians?
5. What do the Greeks exult over when they look out to the sea as they wait for battle?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)