|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonidas want to meet with the Persian army in an effort to beat them?
(a) Holy Houses
(b) Goat pass
(d) Hot Gates
2. What does the oracle insist must be observed as Leonidas goes to battle the Persians?
(a) Peacetime doctrine
(b) War rules
(d) All must be killed
3. Which force has been in hiding and is sprung as the second trap against the Persian special army?
4. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
5. The pride of Xerxes causes him to want immediate ______________ from his personal bodyguard troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the force of Arcadian Greeks that Leonidas encounters on his way to battle?
2. Leonidas believe his army can beat the Persians with an intelligent selection of ___________.
3. Who responds by hurting the Persian ambassador for trying to lash one of the army members?
4. The family of Ephialtes left ____________ and traveled north to get away.
5. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)