|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Combat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of armor do the Persian soldiers wear, rendering them vulnerable to attack?
2. What does the person to speak with the ephors offer to them for their treason?
(a) Gold coins
(b) Signed surrender
(c) An elephant
(d) Jar of earth and water
3. The Persian visitor offers to make Leonidas the _________________ of all Greece.
(b) Absolute warlord
4. Leonidas has to talk to the ephors before a wide scale military expedition, according to _________ law.
5. What is the response of the ephors to the plans of Leonidas when he meets with them?
(c) They do not reply
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of the battle between the Immortals and the Spartans, who ends up with their army entirely dead?
2. Who does Leonidas call by his given name, thus restoring pride to him?
3. What does the second wave of the Persians come to the Spartans on?
4. Leonidas declines the offer from Persia, realizing his last stand efforts will make him eternally ____________.
5. Leonidas quickly dispatches the ___________ to guard the secret path that Ephialtes reveals to him.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)