Chapter 1 - Honor
* A body of men is marching from Sparta.
* Dilios spins stories at night to entertain the men.
* The Persians and the Spartans seem to be at war with each other.
* Persia demands subjugation of the Spartans, but King Leonidas refuses.
Chapter 2 - Duty
* Leonidas continues to march with his warriors.
* The ephors told Leonidas previously that he should wait to march until Carneia is over.
* The oracle tells Leonidas the same thing.
* Leonidas gathers 300 soldiers for his fight.
* The Greek army surrenders command to Leonidas.
* The forces march into Hell's Mouth and then the Hot Gates.
* Leonidas sees that the Greeks have no hope of surviving the Persian onslaught.
Chapter 3 - Glory
* The Spartans train hard at camp.
* A Persian Ambassador arrives at the Spartan camp.
* The Ambassador's arm is cut off, yet he still continues with his request for their surrender and leaves.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)