Chapter 1 - Honor
• A body of men is marching from Sparta.
• Dilios spins stories at night to entertain the men.
• The Persians and the Spartans seem to be at war with each other.
• Persia demands subjugation of the Spartans, but King Leonidas refuses.
Chapter 2 - Duty
• Leonidas continues to march with his warriors.
• The ephors told Leonidas previously that he should wait to march until Carneia is over.
• The oracle tells Leonidas the same thing.
• Leonidas gathers 300 soldiers for his fight.
• The Greek army surrenders command to Leonidas.
• The forces march into Hell's Mouth and then the Hot Gates.
• Leonidas sees that the Greeks have no hope of surviving the Persian onslaught.
Chapter 3 - Glory
• The Spartans train hard at camp.
• A Persian Ambassador arrives at the Spartan camp.
• The Ambassador's arm is cut off, yet he still continues with his request for their surrender and leaves.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)