Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 - Honor Abstract
* A body of men is marching from Sparta.
* Dilios spins stories at night to entertain the men.
* The Persians and the Spartans seem to be at war with each other.
* Persia demands subjugation of the Spartans, but King Leonidas refuses.
Chapter 2 - Duty Abstract
* Leonidas continues to march with his warriors.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)