|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone yell as Lindsay gets close to the crime scene in chapter two?
(a) Always a little late to the party aren't ya.
(b) This ain't Mississippi.
(c) The cops are the damn problem.
(d) We got rights too.
2. What file catches Lindsay's eye in chapter twenty-four?
(a) The Americans for Constitutional Action.
(b) The Templars.
(c) The Fifes.
(d) The Poughs.
3. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
(a) She has a fleck on her cheek.
(b) She has something on her face.
(c) She has such a lovable face.
(d) She looks like she is only sleeping.
4. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
(a) She thinks it is a group and they are planning a wave of these attacks.
(b) She thinks that Mercer knows who it is.
(c) It already has happened again.
(d) She doesn't think it is possible.
5. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A two headed snake.
(c) A griffin.
(d) A two headed lion.
6. What does the killer say everyone will know his name is by the next day in chapter twenty-five?
7. What does the man say that he does for a living that owns in the house in chapter twenty?
(a) Head of the National Black Coalition.
(b) Chief counsel for the NRA.
(c) Doctor at a local animal hospital.
(d) Chief counsel for the Anit-Defamation League.
8. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
(a) The family has been helped out by the police a lot.
(b) Tasha's mother is a police dispatcher.
(c) The family appreciates everything the police are doing.
(d) Tasha's uncle is a cop.
9. What had happened to Lindsay's mother?
(a) She died of breast cancer.
(b) She died in a car accident.
(c) She left town when Lindsay was little.
(d) Lindsay was adopted.
10. What does Lindsay tell Cindy that she would like to do just once when they meet in chapter seven?
(a) Not have to see the faces in her dreams.
(b) Have someone come forward and tell her they did it.
(c) Be able to walk away when it gets too rough.
(d) Brush one of the kids off and send them home.
11. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
(a) Been in a gang.
(b) Been using drugs.
(c) Cut herself.
(d) Traveled the world during the summers.
12. What does Claire say about the bullets that went in Tasha?
(a) They came from two different guns.
(b) They went in almost the same hole.
(c) They were both ricochets.
(d) They hit her after she was on the ground.
13. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Tasha's uncles.
(b) Mr. Chipman's.
(d) Aaron Winslow's.
14. What is the killer in the shadow of when he positions on the roof top in chapter twenty-five?
(a) An old apartment building.
(b) The Bay Bridge.
(c) A bilboard for anti-smoking.
(d) An elm tree.
15. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
(a) She thinks they are using the hate crimes as a smoke screen.
(b) She doesn't think that hate has anything to do with it.
(c) She isn't even thinking about motive yet.
(d) She believes they are hate crimes but just not sure what kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay's instincts telling her to do in chapter twenty-four?
2. What is the killer wearing in chapter twenty-five?
3. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
4. What does Jacobi find in the woods behind the church?
5. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)