|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the security cameras not pick up anything at Estelle Chipman's crime scene?
(a) They are broken.
(b) They were painted over.
(c) There aren't any.
(d) They were disconnected.
2. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
(a) She killed a kid in the line of duty.
(b) The death of her partner.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) Her divorce.
3. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
(a) That the street is one that her old partner used to live on.
(b) That there is someone in the crowd taking pictures.
(c) That Tasha's parents are not there.
(d) That Tasha was the only one hit.
4. What does Claire say about the bullets that went in Tasha?
(a) They hit her after she was on the ground.
(b) They went in almost the same hole.
(c) They came from two different guns.
(d) They were both ricochets.
5. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
(a) The dust that is everywhere.
(b) The light.
(c) The smell.
(d) The cat on the floor.
6. What does Aaron Winslow say when Cindy tells him she is a reporter?
(a) He hates reporters.
(b) He is thinking of charging reporters with harasment.
(c) He has talked to enough reporters.
(d) He remembers her.
7. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
(a) A glass she breaks.
(b) A knife from her dinner tray.
(c) A rope.
(d) A metal chair she had been sitting in.
8. What is the killer wearing in chapter twenty-five?
(a) A green windbreaker.
(b) A black pull over.
(c) A leather jacket.
(d) A flanell shirt.
9. What aspect of the photos does the killer focus on in chapter eighteen?
(a) The hands.
(b) The eyes.
(c) The lips.
(d) The blood.
10. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
(a) He is a gun enthusiast.
(b) He was in desert storm.
(c) He grew up in a bad neighborhood.
(d) He used to sell guns for a living.
11. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
(a) One small kid saw the guy.
(b) Everyone hit the ground.
(c) They were in a car and the windows were dark.
(d) He was wearing a ski mask.
12. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A homemade explosive.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
13. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
(a) She believes they are hate crimes but just not sure what kind.
(b) She isn't even thinking about motive yet.
(c) She doesn't think that hate has anything to do with it.
(d) She thinks they are using the hate crimes as a smoke screen.
14. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
(a) Any personal interviews to the television crews.
(b) The story on the front page news.
(c) Anyone else hurt.
(d) Anyone attacking cops while they are doing their jobs.
15. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
(a) A magician.
(c) A sharpshooter.
(d) A lucky shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacobi find in the woods behind the church?
2. What does Lindsay tell Claire about when she asks what precisely she would be looking for?
3. What does Mercer say he believes to be the motivation for the shooting that occurred?
4. What does Ron tell Lindsay that they learned that Estelle's husband did for a living before he died?
5. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)