|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
(a) Anyone attacking cops while they are doing their jobs.
(b) The story on the front page news.
(c) Any personal interviews to the television crews.
(d) Anyone else hurt.
2. What news does Jill have to share in chapter sixteen?
(a) She has got a promotion.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She just landed a very important case.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
(a) A glass she breaks.
(b) A knife from her dinner tray.
(c) A rope.
(d) A metal chair she had been sitting in.
4. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
(a) The right to be wrong.
(b) The ability to pass the buck.
(c) The right to let her personal pain affect her work.
(d) The luxury of letting someone else take the lead.
5. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
(a) That the street is one that her old partner used to live on.
(b) That there is someone in the crowd taking pictures.
(c) That Tasha was the only one hit.
(d) That Tasha's parents are not there.
6. What does the M.E. tell Lindsay when she says it is amazing that one of the bullets found its way into Tasha when there had been so many fired at the church?
(a) There were two bullets in Tasha.
(b) That Tasha had been shot from a different angle.
(c) That the bullets in Tasha were different from the others.
(d) That there is another victim that they have found.
7. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
(b) A sharpshooter.
(c) A lucky shot.
(d) A magician.
8. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
(a) They used to date.
(b) She thinks he has become a drunk.
(c) He has got one hell of a temper.
(d) He is a good man and she would trust his findings.
9. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
(a) Been using drugs.
(b) Been in a gang.
(c) Cut herself.
(d) Traveled the world during the summers.
10. What does the killer fasten onto his gun in chapter twenty-five?
(a) A high powered scope.
(b) His lucky charm.
(c) Infared sight.
11. What does the killer say everyone will know his name is by the next day in chapter twenty-five?
12. What does Claire say about the bullets that went in Tasha?
(a) They hit her after she was on the ground.
(b) They came from two different guns.
(c) They were both ricochets.
(d) They went in almost the same hole.
13. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
(a) An old pick up truck.
(b) A white mini van.
(c) A jogger.
(d) A black car.
14. What is the killer in the shadow of when he positions on the roof top in chapter twenty-five?
(a) The Bay Bridge.
(b) An elm tree.
(c) An old apartment building.
(d) A bilboard for anti-smoking.
15. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
(a) Estelle Chipman just before he kicked the chair out from under her.
(b) Tasha's dead body.
(c) Estelle Chipman as she was dying.
(d) Tasha as she was falling to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay told about Estelle Chipman's case when she talks to one of the cops on the case in chapter twelve?
2. What does Cindy say she has come to the church for in chapter twenty-two?
3. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
4. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
5. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)