|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer say he believes to be the motivation for the shooting that occurred?
(a) A hate crime.
(b) A drug deal gone bad.
(c) A vendeta against Aaron Winslow.
(d) A message to the city.
2. What does the M.E. tell Lindsay when she says it is amazing that one of the bullets found its way into Tasha when there had been so many fired at the church?
(a) That there is another victim that they have found.
(b) That the bullets in Tasha were different from the others.
(c) There were two bullets in Tasha.
(d) That Tasha had been shot from a different angle.
3. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Call her sister.
(b) Call Cindy.
(c) Have a hot bath and a cold drink.
(d) Take her dog for a run.
4. In chapter eight why has the gunman chosen the arcade he is in?
(a) Because of the games they offer.
(b) He is the only white guy there.
(c) It is close to where he works.
(d) He is meeting a friend there.
5. What does Jacobi ask Lindsay after seeing the police artist drawing of the decal that the boy had seen?
(a) If this guy is part of the sick-o Justice League.
(b) If they are looking for the Pokemon killer.
(c) If this guy works for Disney.
(d) If this guy is eleven years old himself.
6. What is the woman wearing when she answers the door in chapter twenty?
(a) Nothing but a towel.
(b) A nurse's uniform.
(c) Exercise clothes.
(d) A patrolman's uniform.
7. What does Lindsay think that Aaron Winslow looks like when she sees him in chapter three?
(a) A man that has gone too many miles.
(b) Like he doesn't care.
(c) Someone sad and alone.
(d) A real life hero.
8. What had happened to Lindsay's mother?
(a) She died in a car accident.
(b) She left town when Lindsay was little.
(c) Lindsay was adopted.
(d) She died of breast cancer.
9. What is found during the autopsy of the elderly black woman that leads Cindy to believe the woman did not commit suicide?
(a) Bruises down her back in the shape of shoes.
(b) A head wound.
(c) Blood and skin under her fingernails.
(d) Poison in her system.
10. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
(a) The dust that is everywhere.
(b) The cat on the floor.
(c) The smell.
(d) The light.
11. What aspect of the photos does the killer focus on in chapter eighteen?
(a) The hands.
(b) The lips.
(c) The blood.
(d) The eyes.
12. What had Jill confided in the girls that she had done in high school and college?
(a) Been using drugs.
(b) Cut herself.
(c) Been in a gang.
(d) Traveled the world during the summers.
13. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A homemade explosive.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
14. What does someone yell as Lindsay gets close to the crime scene in chapter two?
(a) This ain't Mississippi.
(b) Always a little late to the party aren't ya.
(c) The cops are the damn problem.
(d) We got rights too.
15. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
(a) They were in a car and the windows were dark.
(b) He was wearing a ski mask.
(c) One small kid saw the guy.
(d) Everyone hit the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
2. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
3. Where is Aaron Winslow leaving from when he hears the gun fire in the prologue?
4. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
5. What does the killer fasten onto his gun in chapter twenty-five?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)