|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
(a) The light.
(b) The cat on the floor.
(c) The smell.
(d) The dust that is everywhere.
2. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
(a) The death of her partner.
(b) She killed a kid in the line of duty.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) Her divorce.
3. What did the killer take a picture of that he is adding to his book in chapter eighteen?
(a) Estelle Chipman just before he kicked the chair out from under her.
(b) Tasha as she was falling to the ground.
(c) Estelle Chipman as she was dying.
(d) Tasha's dead body.
4. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
(a) He is a gun enthusiast.
(b) He was in desert storm.
(c) He grew up in a bad neighborhood.
(d) He used to sell guns for a living.
5. What does Cindy say she has come to the church for in chapter twenty-two?
(a) To get some pictures.
(b) To follow up on an anonymous lead she got.
(c) To see how the community is responding.
(d) To interview those that knew Tasha.
6. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
(a) He was wearing a ski mask.
(b) One small kid saw the guy.
(c) They were in a car and the windows were dark.
(d) Everyone hit the ground.
7. What is Lindsay told about Estelle Chipman's case when she talks to one of the cops on the case in chapter twelve?
(a) The DNA under her fingernails came back as non-Caucasian.
(b) Her son was a policeman.
(c) She had been going to Aaron Winslow's church.
(d) Someone confessed to the murders.
8. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
(a) That the street is one that her old partner used to live on.
(b) That Tasha was the only one hit.
(c) That there is someone in the crowd taking pictures.
(d) That Tasha's parents are not there.
9. What does Lindsay see in the pictures that she is looking at in chapter twenty-four?
(a) A picture of Tasha.
(b) A murder scene identical to Estelle Chipman's.
(c) A two headed lion on a jacket.
(d) A tattoo of a two headed lion.
10. What is found during the autopsy of the elderly black woman that leads Cindy to believe the woman did not commit suicide?
(a) Blood and skin under her fingernails.
(b) Bruises down her back in the shape of shoes.
(c) A head wound.
(d) Poison in her system.
11. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
(a) She isn't even thinking about motive yet.
(b) She thinks they are using the hate crimes as a smoke screen.
(c) She doesn't think that hate has anything to do with it.
(d) She believes they are hate crimes but just not sure what kind.
12. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A griffin.
(c) A two headed lion.
(d) A two headed snake.
13. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
(a) The luxury of letting someone else take the lead.
(b) The right to let her personal pain affect her work.
(c) The right to be wrong.
(d) The ability to pass the buck.
14. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
(a) It hasn't been released yet.
(b) They have lost it.
(c) There is a court battle tying it up.
(d) The M.E. is refusing to let Lindsay have it.
15. What had happened to Lindsay's mother?
(a) She died of breast cancer.
(b) She left town when Lindsay was little.
(c) Lindsay was adopted.
(d) She died in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What file catches Lindsay's eye in chapter twenty-four?
2. Where is Aaron Winslow leaving from when he hears the gun fire in the prologue?
3. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
4. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
5. What does Claire say about the bullets that went in Tasha?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)