|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
(a) Anyone attacking cops while they are doing their jobs.
(b) Any personal interviews to the television crews.
(c) The story on the front page news.
(d) Anyone else hurt.
2. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
(a) How eloquently he spoke.
(b) How handsome he was.
(c) His humbleness.
(d) The passion he had for the people in the community.
3. What is the woman wearing when she answers the door in chapter twenty?
(a) Nothing but a towel.
(b) A patrolman's uniform.
(c) Exercise clothes.
(d) A nurse's uniform.
4. What is found during the autopsy of the elderly black woman that leads Cindy to believe the woman did not commit suicide?
(a) A head wound.
(b) Blood and skin under her fingernails.
(c) Poison in her system.
(d) Bruises down her back in the shape of shoes.
5. What does Lindsay think that Aaron Winslow looks like when she sees him in chapter three?
(a) A man that has gone too many miles.
(b) Someone sad and alone.
(c) A real life hero.
(d) Like he doesn't care.
6. In chapter eight why has the gunman chosen the arcade he is in?
(a) He is meeting a friend there.
(b) He is the only white guy there.
(c) Because of the games they offer.
(d) It is close to where he works.
7. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
(a) The light.
(b) The dust that is everywhere.
(c) The cat on the floor.
(d) The smell.
8. What does the sign say above the building that the killer goes into in chapter twenty-five?
(a) Checks Cashed Today.
(b) Aguello's, Comidas Espanol.
(c) Metal Works.
(d) Earl Kings, Bail Bondsman.
9. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
(a) An old pick up truck.
(b) A white mini van.
(c) A jogger.
(d) A black car.
10. What does someone yell as Lindsay gets close to the crime scene in chapter two?
(a) This ain't Mississippi.
(b) The cops are the damn problem.
(c) We got rights too.
(d) Always a little late to the party aren't ya.
11. What does Jacobi find in the woods behind the church?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) The gun.
(c) Some blood.
(d) Shell casings.
12. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
(a) That Tasha was the only one hit.
(b) That the street is one that her old partner used to live on.
(c) That Tasha's parents are not there.
(d) That there is someone in the crowd taking pictures.
13. What aspect of the photos does the killer focus on in chapter eighteen?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The hands.
(c) The blood.
(d) The lips.
14. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
(a) Tasha's mother is a police dispatcher.
(b) The family has been helped out by the police a lot.
(c) Tasha's uncle is a cop.
(d) The family appreciates everything the police are doing.
15. What does Lindsay say that the killer would have to have been to set up the shots that killed Tasha?
(a) A magician.
(c) A lucky shot.
(d) A sharpshooter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the killer wearing in chapter twenty-five?
2. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
3. What does Claire say about the bullets that went in Tasha?
4. What does Lindsay tell Cindy that she would like to do just once when they meet in chapter seven?
5. What does Lindsay find at Estelle Chipman's crime scene in chapter thirteen?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)