|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
(a) The luxury of letting someone else take the lead.
(b) The right to be wrong.
(c) The right to let her personal pain affect her work.
(d) The ability to pass the buck.
2. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
(a) Tasha's mother is a police dispatcher.
(b) The family has been helped out by the police a lot.
(c) Tasha's uncle is a cop.
(d) The family appreciates everything the police are doing.
3. What does Lindsay say to tell Mercer in chapter twelve when someone says that he is looking for her?
(a) To call her later on her cell.
(b) That she will get back with him the next day.
(c) That she really isn't that concerned with him right now.
(d) That she is investigating a murder.
4. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Call Cindy.
(b) Call her sister.
(c) Take her dog for a run.
(d) Have a hot bath and a cold drink.
5. Why did the security cameras not pick up anything at Estelle Chipman's crime scene?
(a) They were painted over.
(b) There aren't any.
(c) They were disconnected.
(d) They are broken.
6. What does the killer say everyone will know his name is by the next day in chapter twenty-five?
7. What does Mercer say he believes to be the motivation for the shooting that occurred?
(a) A vendeta against Aaron Winslow.
(b) A hate crime.
(c) A message to the city.
(d) A drug deal gone bad.
8. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
(a) She has such a lovable face.
(b) She has a fleck on her cheek.
(c) She looks like she is only sleeping.
(d) She has something on her face.
9. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife from her dinner tray.
(c) A metal chair she had been sitting in.
(d) A glass she breaks.
10. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
(a) They used to date.
(b) She thinks he has become a drunk.
(c) He has got one hell of a temper.
(d) He is a good man and she would trust his findings.
11. What does Lindsay tell Cindy that she would like to do just once when they meet in chapter seven?
(a) Brush one of the kids off and send them home.
(b) Have someone come forward and tell her they did it.
(c) Not have to see the faces in her dreams.
(d) Be able to walk away when it gets too rough.
12. What happened to Lindsay's father?
(a) She never knew her father.
(b) He died in the line of duty.
(c) He divorced Lindsay's mother for another woman.
(d) He left town when she was younger and never came back.
13. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
(a) She killed a kid in the line of duty.
(b) Her divorce.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) The death of her partner.
14. What is Lindsay's instincts telling her to do in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Take another look at the crime scenes.
(b) Leak the story to the press.
(c) Link the victims.
(d) Talk to Winslow again.
15. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
(a) It already has happened again.
(b) She doesn't think it is possible.
(c) She thinks it is a group and they are planning a wave of these attacks.
(d) She thinks that Mercer knows who it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the M.E. tell Lindsay when she says it is amazing that one of the bullets found its way into Tasha when there had been so many fired at the church?
2. What does Lindsay say when Claire tells her to send over Estelle's autopsy file?
3. What does someone yell as Lindsay gets close to the crime scene in chapter two?
4. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
5. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)