|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mercer tell Lindsay that she left behind when she became a Lieutenant?
(a) The luxury of letting someone else take the lead.
(b) The right to let her personal pain affect her work.
(c) The right to be wrong.
(d) The ability to pass the buck.
2. What does the hat have embroidered on it that Chris gave to Lindsay?
(a) So Exciting.
(b) Angels Abound.
(c) You'r Wonderful.
(d) It's Heavenly.
3. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
(a) An old pick up truck.
(b) A black car.
(c) A jogger.
(d) A white mini van.
4. What had happened that caused Lindsay to go to Hope Streeet?
(a) The death of her mother.
(b) Her divorce.
(c) The death of her partner.
(d) She killed a kid in the line of duty.
5. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
(a) She looks like she is only sleeping.
(b) She has a fleck on her cheek.
(c) She has such a lovable face.
(d) She has something on her face.
6. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
(a) One small kid saw the guy.
(b) Everyone hit the ground.
(c) He was wearing a ski mask.
(d) They were in a car and the windows were dark.
7. What does the killer notice when he enters the lobby of the building?
(a) The dust that is everywhere.
(b) The light.
(c) The cat on the floor.
(d) The smell.
8. What does Lindsay think that Aaron Winslow looks like when she sees him in chapter three?
(a) A real life hero.
(b) Like he doesn't care.
(c) Someone sad and alone.
(d) A man that has gone too many miles.
9. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Tasha's uncles.
(b) Mr. Chipman's.
(c) Aaron Winslow's.
10. In chapter twenty-one what does Jacobi say that they have learned about the killer?
(a) He is a local.
(b) He is thourough.
(c) He has a sense of humor.
(d) He is quick.
11. What is the killer in the shadow of when he positions on the roof top in chapter twenty-five?
(a) An old apartment building.
(b) An elm tree.
(c) A bilboard for anti-smoking.
(d) The Bay Bridge.
12. How does Aaron Winslow explain that he knew what kind of gun it was and how many rounds it held?
(a) He was in desert storm.
(b) He grew up in a bad neighborhood.
(c) He is a gun enthusiast.
(d) He used to sell guns for a living.
13. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
(a) A metal chair she had been sitting in.
(b) A knife from her dinner tray.
(c) A glass she breaks.
(d) A rope.
14. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
(a) Tasha's mother is a police dispatcher.
(b) Tasha's uncle is a cop.
(c) The family has been helped out by the police a lot.
(d) The family appreciates everything the police are doing.
15. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A two headed snake.
(c) A griffin.
(d) A two headed lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron tell Lindsay that they learned that Estelle's husband did for a living before he died?
2. Where is Aaron Winslow leaving from when he hears the gun fire in the prologue?
3. What does the sign say above the building that the killer goes into in chapter twenty-five?
4. What strikes Lindsay as odd in the end of chapter two after surveying the crime scene?
5. What does Lindsay find at Estelle Chipman's crime scene in chapter thirteen?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)