|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little boy say he saw in chapter four?
(a) A white mini van.
(b) A black car.
(c) A jogger.
(d) An old pick up truck.
2. What file does Lindsay ask Simone to pull for the next day in chapter twenty-four?
(b) Aaron Winslow's.
(c) Tasha's uncles.
(d) Mr. Chipman's.
3. In chapter twenty-two when Cindy is recalling her interview with Aaron Winslow what was it about Winslow that had impressed her?
(a) His humbleness.
(b) How eloquently he spoke.
(c) The passion he had for the people in the community.
(d) How handsome he was.
4. What does Mercer say he believes to be the motivation for the shooting that occurred?
(a) A vendeta against Aaron Winslow.
(b) A drug deal gone bad.
(c) A hate crime.
(d) A message to the city.
5. What does the boy say the decal looked like that he saw?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A griffin.
(c) A two headed lion.
(d) A two headed snake.
6. What does Aaron Winslow say is the reason that Lindsay will receive a warm welcome when she goes to pay her respects to Tasha's family?
(a) Tasha's mother is a police dispatcher.
(b) The family appreciates everything the police are doing.
(c) Tasha's uncle is a cop.
(d) The family has been helped out by the police a lot.
7. What does Jill tell the other girls had happened about five years earlier?
(a) She considered a career change.
(b) She thought about adopting.
(c) She had been married once before.
(d) She had a miscarriage.
8. What does Jacobi answer when Lindsay asks if anyone saw the gunman in chapter two?
(a) Everyone hit the ground.
(b) He was wearing a ski mask.
(c) One small kid saw the guy.
(d) They were in a car and the windows were dark.
9. What is found during the autopsy of the elderly black woman that leads Cindy to believe the woman did not commit suicide?
(a) A head wound.
(b) Poison in her system.
(c) Blood and skin under her fingernails.
(d) Bruises down her back in the shape of shoes.
10. What is Lindsay thinking she needs to go home and do in chapter twenty-four?
(a) Call her sister.
(b) Call Cindy.
(c) Take her dog for a run.
(d) Have a hot bath and a cold drink.
11. Why does Lindsay have the urge to touch Tasha's face when she is in the morgue looking at the body in chapter eleven?
(a) She has a fleck on her cheek.
(b) She has such a lovable face.
(c) She has something on her face.
(d) She looks like she is only sleeping.
12. What does Lindsay say to tell Mercer in chapter twelve when someone says that he is looking for her?
(a) To call her later on her cell.
(b) That she is investigating a murder.
(c) That she will get back with him the next day.
(d) That she really isn't that concerned with him right now.
13. What does Lindsay find at Estelle Chipman's crime scene in chapter thirteen?
(a) A bulletin from Aaron Winslow's church.
(b) A picture of Tasha.
(c) A two headed lion drawn on the floor.
(d) A shell casing.
14. What does the gunman have in his pocket in chapter eight while at the arcade?
(a) A knife.
(b) A homemade explosive.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A gun.
15. What does Ron tell Lindsay that they learned that Estelle's husband did for a living before he died?
(a) He was a cop.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say about Teitleman?
2. What does Mercer say he wants to be sure doesn't happen when talking with Lindsay in chapter six?
3. What does Angela use as a weapon when they try to take her baby in chapter one?
4. What does Cindy tell Lindsay in chapter seven when she says that Mercer is telling the world that Lindsay is going to solve the case before it happens again?
5. What does Lindsay tell the girls in chapter fifteen when they ask if the murders are hate crimes?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)