|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
2. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
4. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
5. Who helps Tomie's family with the backyard project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
2. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
4. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
5. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
6. What is Tom's occupation?
7. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
8. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
9. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
10. What does Tomie's new room look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do Tomie's parents show their anger, and how does this change the way Tomie deals with his own anger?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)