|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
2. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
4. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
5. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
2. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
3. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
6. What does Tomie's new room look like?
7. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
8. How does Tomie usually measure time?
9. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
10. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)