|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
2. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
3. What is Tom's occupation?
4. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
5. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 3
Carol was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence - however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)