|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
2. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
3. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
4. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
5. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
2. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
3. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
4. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
5. What does Tomie's new room look like?
6. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
7. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
8. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
9. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
10. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What emphasis did Tomie put on movies, and why?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)