|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
2. What is Uncle Wiggly?
3. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
4. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
5. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's occupation?
2. What does Tomie's new room look like?
3. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
4. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
5. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
6. How does Tomie usually measure time?
7. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
8. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
9. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
10. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
What emphasis did Tomie put on movies, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)