|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
2. What street is the apartment on?
3. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
4. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
5. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
2. What does Tomie's father collect while working in the backyard, and why?
3. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
4. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
5. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
6. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
7. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
8. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
9. How does Tomie usually measure time?
10. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What emphasis did Tomie put on movies, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Joe and Floss change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)