|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
2. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
3. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
4. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
5. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
2. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
3. What does Tomie do during the big move?
4. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
5. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
6. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
7. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
8. What does Tomie's new room look like?
9. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
10. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)