|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
2. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
3. What is strange about Tomie coming home his first day of school?
4. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
5. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
2. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
3. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
4. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
5. How does Tomie usually measure time?
6. What is Tom's occupation?
7. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
8. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
9. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
10. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)