|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
2. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
3. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
4. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
5. Who plows the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
2. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
3. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
4. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
5. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
6. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
7. What does Tomie's new room look like?
8. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
9. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
10. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What obstacles did the family face in the construction of their home, and how did they handle these things?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)