|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
2. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
3. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
4. What year does Tomie begin school?
5. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
2. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
3. What does Tomie's new room look like?
4. What does Tomie do during the big move?
5. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
6. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
7. What is Tom's occupation?
8. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
9. How does Tomie usually measure time?
10. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Joe and Floss change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)