|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mickey's last name?
2. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
3. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
4. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
5. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
2. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
3. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
4. How does Tomie usually measure time?
5. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
6. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
7. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
8. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
9. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
10. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)