|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
2. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
3. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
4. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie's father collect while working in the backyard, and why?
2. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
3. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
4. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
5. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
6. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
7. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
8. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
9. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
10. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carol was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence - however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)