|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
2. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
3. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
4. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
5. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
2. What is Tom's occupation?
3. What does Tomie's new room look like?
4. What does Tomie do during the big move?
5. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
6. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
7. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
8. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
9. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
10. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 2
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)