|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
2. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
3. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
4. What is the name of Tomie's father?
5. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
2. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
3. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
4. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
5. Who is Carol Crane?
6. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
7. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
8. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
9. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
10. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)