|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
3. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
4. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
5. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
2. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
4. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
5. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
6. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
7. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
8. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
9. Who is Carol Crane?
10. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Tomie's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)