|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
2. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
3. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
4. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
5. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
2. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
3. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
4. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
5. What is Tomie's heritage?
6. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
7. What is included in the backyard project?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
10. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)