|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
3. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
4. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
5. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
2. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
3. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
4. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
5. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
6. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
7. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
8. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
9. What is Tomie's heritage?
10. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens on Tomie's first day of school, and how does he respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)