|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
2. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
3. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
4. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
5. What is the name of Tomie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tomie's heritage?
2. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
3. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
4. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
5. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
6. What is included in the backyard project?
7. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
10. Who is Carol Crane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Joe and Floss change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)