|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
3. What are the things that Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
4. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
5. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
2. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
3. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
4. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
5. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
6. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
7. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
8. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
9. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
10. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What happens on Tomie's first day of school, and how does he respond to this?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)