|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
2. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
3. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
4. What is Carol's last name?
5. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
2. Who is Carol Crane?
3. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
4. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
5. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
6. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
7. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
8. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
10. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tomie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)