|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
2. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
3. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
4. What does Tomie say studs are for?
5. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
2. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
3. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
4. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
5. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
6. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
7. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
8. Who is Carol Crane?
9. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
10. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Joe and Floss change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)