|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite thing to do in his spare time?
2. What does the title of the book refer to?
3. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
4. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
5. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
2. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
3. What is included in the backyard project?
4. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
5. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
6. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
7. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
8. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
9. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
10. How does Tomie usually measure time?
Essay Topic 1
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)