|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does something have to be added to the house when the city takes something out?
2. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
3. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Tomie's last name?
5. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
2. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
3. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
4. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
5. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
6. What is included in the backyard project?
7. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
8. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
9. What is Tomie's heritage?
10. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What happens on Tomie's first day of school, and how does he respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)