|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
2. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
3. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
4. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
5. What has to be put into the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Carol Crane?
2. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
3. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
4. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
5. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
6. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
7. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
8. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
9. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
10. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Joe and Floss change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)