|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
2. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
3. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
4. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
5. What does Tomie say studs are for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
2. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
3. Who is Carol Crane?
4. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
5. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
6. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
7. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
8. What is Tomie's heritage?
9. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
10. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How do Tomie's parents show their anger, and how does this change the way Tomie deals with his own anger?
Essay Topic 3
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)