|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
2. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
4. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
5. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
2. What is included in the backyard project?
3. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
4. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
5. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
6. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
7. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
8. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
9. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
10. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at Tomie's unfinished house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)