|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
2. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
3. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
5. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
2. Who is Carol Crane?
3. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
4. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
5. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
6. What is Tomie's heritage?
7. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
8. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
9. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
10. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time period of the book change the tone and feeling of the book? Do you like this affect on the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Tomie's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)