|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
2. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
3. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
4. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
2. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
3. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
4. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
5. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
6. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
7. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
8. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
9. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
10. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Tomie's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)