Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
2. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
3. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
5. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
2. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
3. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
4. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
5. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
6. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
7. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
10. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
Essay Topic 1
How does Tomie show his love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 2
What obstacles did the family face in the construction of their home, and how did they handle these things?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the hurricane in the book such a significant event in Tomie's life?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)