|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
4. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
5. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
2. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
4. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
5. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
6. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
7. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
8. Who is Carol Crane?
9. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
10. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the autobiographical nature of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)