|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
2. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
3. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
4. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
5. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is included in the backyard project?
2. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
3. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
5. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
6. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
7. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
8. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
9. What does Tomie's new room look like?
10. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tomie show the importance of his community? What affect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)