|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Burke's job?
2. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A fence.
(c) A monument.
(d) A stove.
3. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The clouds open for a day.
(b) The ice melts.
(c) The rain stops.
(d) The mud freezes.
4. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The shed.
(d) The alleyway.
5. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) During the harvest.
(b) After school starts.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) Fall break.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
2. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
3. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
4. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
5. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie do during the big move?
2. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
3. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
4. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
5. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
6. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
7. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
8. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
9. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
10. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)