|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) There are too many people.
(b) The fire is too low.
(c) The water is not hooked up.
(d) There are not enough tools.
2. What is the last step of the backyard project?
(a) Planting seeds.
(b) Smoothing the ground.
(c) Building the fence.
(d) Plowing the earth.
3. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited.
4. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The ice melts.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The rain stops.
(d) The clouds open for a day.
5. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) Down the street.
(d) Across town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
2. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
3. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
4. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
5. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
2. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
4. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
5. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
6. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
7. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
8. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
9. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
10. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)