|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(a) His mother.
2. Who plows the backyard?
(b) Tomie and Buddy.
(c) Mr. Tony.
(d) Someone Joe hires.
3. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The doodad.
(b) The thingamajig.
(c) The power.
(d) The Contraption.
4. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
5. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
2. How is Tomie related to Nell?
3. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
4. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
5. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie do during the big move?
2. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
3. What does Tomie's new room look like?
4. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
5. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
6. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
7. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
8. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
9. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
10. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)