|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is a second cousin.
(b) She is his godmother.
(c) She is his great aunt.
(d) She is his grandmother.
2. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
3. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
4. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) He steals a bike.
(c) He hires a cab.
(d) He walks.
5. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
2. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
3. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
2. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
3. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
4. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
5. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
6. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
7. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
8. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
9. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
10. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)