|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His eagerness to learn.
(b) His social awkwardness.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His stubborn nature.
2. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
3. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The day before school.
(b) The last day of school.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The third day of school.
4. What is Tom's occupation?
(a) College professor.
(b) Hotel manager.
(c) Newspaper editor.
(d) Store owner.
5. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
2. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
3. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
4. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
5. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tom's occupation?
2. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
3. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
4. What does Tomie do during the big move?
5. What does Tomie's new room look like?
6. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
7. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
8. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
9. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
10. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)