|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bathroom.
2. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are poisoned.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are stripped.
(d) They are mowed.
3. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To clean it down.
(b) To keep it safe from the fire.
(c) To keep it cool.
(d) To adhere the plaster.
4. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(d) His mother.
5. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(a) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
2. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
3. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
4. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
5. What is the last step of the backyard project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
2. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
3. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
4. What does Tomie's new room look like?
5. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
6. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
7. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
8. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
9. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
10. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)