|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
(a) A wagon wheel.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A horseshoe.
(d) A ship wheel.
2. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His stubborn nature.
(b) His social awkwardness.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His eagerness to learn.
3. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He walks.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He hires a cab.
(d) He steals a bike.
4. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(a) None of these.
5. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
2. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
3. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
4. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
5. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
2. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
3. How does Tomie usually measure time?
4. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
5. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
6. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
7. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
8. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
9. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
10. What does Tomie do during the big move?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)