|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He will be switching classes.
(b) He can learn to draw at home.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
2. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
3. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) After school starts.
(b) During the harvest.
(c) Fall break.
(d) On the weekends.
4. What is Tom's occupation?
(a) College professor.
(b) Store owner.
(c) Hotel manager.
(d) Newspaper editor.
5. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
2. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
3. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
4. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
5. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
2. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
3. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
4. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
5. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
6. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
7. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
8. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
9. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
10. What does Tomie's new room look like?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)