|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
2. What is Mickey's last name?
3. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A Noreaster.
4. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
(a) His aunt.
(b) All of these.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grandparents.
5. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The clouds open for a day.
(c) The ice melts.
(d) The mud freezes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tomie related to Nell?
2. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
3. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
4. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
5. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
2. What is Tom's occupation?
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
4. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
5. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
6. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
7. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
8. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
9. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
10. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)