|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
2. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) Over the bridge.
(c) Across town.
(d) Down the street.
3. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A house.
4. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) When he will learn to read.
(b) When he will go home.
(c) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(d) Where he should sit.
5. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
(a) Eva Mae.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Orphan Annie.
(d) Shirley Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
2. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
4. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
5. What street is the apartment on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
2. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
3. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
4. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
5. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
6. How does Tomie usually measure time?
7. What does Tomie's new room look like?
8. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
9. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
10. What is Tom's occupation?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)