|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(a) All of these.
2. What year does Tomie begin school?
3. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The stairs.
(b) The tiling.
(c) The bannister.
(d) The studs.
4. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He does not have new clothes.
(b) He is not in his house yet.
(c) He is not in Carol's class.
(d) He has to go in the afternoon.
5. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
2. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
3. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
4. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
5. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
2. How does Tomie usually measure time?
3. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
4. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
5. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
6. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
7. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
8. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
9. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
10. What does Tomie's father collect while working in the backyard, and why?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)