|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
2. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) There are too many people.
(b) There are not enough tools.
(c) The water is not hooked up.
(d) The fire is too low.
3. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's.
4. What is strange about Tomie coming home his first day of school?
(a) He doesn't tell his mother.
(b) He leaves school early.
(c) He leaves late.
(d) He follows Carol.
5. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A stove.
(c) A fence.
(d) A monument.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
2. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
3. What is Mickey's last name?
4. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
5. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
2. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
4. What does Tomie do during the big move?
5. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
6. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
7. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
8. What does Tomie's father collect while working in the backyard, and why?
9. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
10. How does Tomie usually measure time?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)