|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(b) All of these.
2. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
3. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
4. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are mowed.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are poisoned.
(d) They are stripped.
5. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The front yard.
(c) The shed.
(d) The alleyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
2. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
3. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
4. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
5. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
2. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
3. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
4. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
5. How does Tomie usually measure time?
6. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
7. What is Tom's occupation?
8. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
9. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
10. What does Tomie do during the big move?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)