|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Burke's job?
2. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
3. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(a) The movies.
(c) The back yard.
4. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
(a) The porch.
(b) The pets.
(c) The people in the yard.
(d) The plants.
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(b) He will be switching classes.
(c) He can learn to draw at home.
(d) He likes his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
3. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
4. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
5. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie's new room look like?
2. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
3. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
4. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
5. What is Tom's occupation?
6. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
7. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
8. How does Tomie usually measure time?
9. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
10. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)