|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The clouds open for a day.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The rain stops.
(d) The ice melts.
2. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Weed the yard.
(b) Stock shelves.
(c) Keep children entertained.
(d) Open boxes.
3. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His legs.
(b) His back.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
4. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He lifts too many rocks.
(b) He trips over some logs.
(c) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(d) A bag falls on his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
2. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
3. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
4. What is Mickey's last name?
5. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
2. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
3. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
4. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
5. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
6. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
7. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
8. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
9. What does Tomie's new room look like?
10. What does Tomie do during the big move?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)