|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The studs.
(b) The stairs.
(c) The tiling.
(d) The bannister.
2. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
(a) The college hall.
(b) The Elk's Club.
(c) The city council.
(d) The new house.
3. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) When he will go home.
(b) Where he should sit.
(c) When he will learn to read.
(d) Why he can't sit by Carol.
4. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He lifts too many rocks.
(b) He trips over some logs.
(c) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(d) A bag falls on his hand.
5. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
(a) Orphan Annie.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Eva Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
2. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
3. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
4. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
5. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
2. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
3. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
6. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
7. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
8. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
9. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
10. What does Tomie do during the big move?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)