|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
(a) The Elk's Club.
(b) The new house.
(c) The college hall.
(d) The city council.
2. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
3. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He hires a cab.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He steals a bike.
(d) He walks.
4. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) The water is not hooked up.
(b) There are not enough tools.
(c) The fire is too low.
(d) There are too many people.
5. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) The school.
(b) Fairmount Ave.
(c) The library.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
2. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
3. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
4. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
5. What year does Tomie begin school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
2. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
3. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
6. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
7. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
8. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
9. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
10. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)