|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(b) Where he should sit.
(c) When he will learn to read.
(d) When he will go home.
2. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
3. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Open boxes.
(b) Stock shelves.
(c) Weed the yard.
(d) Keep children entertained.
4. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) This is the best day of my life.
(b) This is not what I expected.
(c) I'll be back next year.
(d) You are amazing.
5. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
2. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
3. What is Miss Burke's job?
4. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
5. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of obstacles stood in the way of the new house?
2. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
3. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
4. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
5. How does Tomie usually measure time?
6. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
7. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
8. What does Tomie do during the big move?
9. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
10. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)