|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is nervous.
2. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To spread seeds.
(b) To collect weeds.
(c) To control the fire.
(d) To catch bugs.
3. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
4. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
(a) A Jeep doll.
(b) A Spiderman doll.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) A Popeye doll.
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(b) He will be switching classes.
(c) He can learn to draw at home.
(d) He likes his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
2. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
3. What is Mickey's last name?
4. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
5. What is the last step of the backyard project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
2. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
3. How does Tomie's teacher respond to his first questions when starting Kindergarten?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
6. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
7. How does Tomie help his grandfather?
8. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
9. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
10. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)