|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
2. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
(a) His parents.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) All of these.
3. Who plows the backyard?
(b) Someone Joe hires.
(c) Tomie and Buddy.
(d) Mr. Tony.
4. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) Where he should sit.
(b) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(c) When he will learn to read.
(d) When he will go home.
5. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
2. What is Miss Burke's job?
3. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
4. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
5. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie usually measure time?
2. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
3. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
4. How is Tomie convinced to go back to school after his first day?
5. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
6. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
7. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
8. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
9. What is Tom's occupation?
10. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)