|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
2. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
(a) A Jeep doll.
(b) A Spiderman doll.
(c) A Popeye doll.
(d) A rag doll.
3. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To control the fire.
(b) To catch bugs.
(c) To spread seeds.
(d) To collect weeds.
4. What is the last step of the backyard project?
(a) Building the fence.
(b) Plowing the earth.
(c) Planting seeds.
(d) Smoothing the ground.
5. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
(a) To add.
(b) To read.
(c) To draw.
(d) To build.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Tomie begin school?
2. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
3. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
4. Who plows the backyard?
5. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
2. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
3. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
4. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
5. Who is Charlie, and what does Tomie think about him?
6. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
7. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
8. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
9. What does Carol get or Christmas in the book, and why?
10. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)