|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) A bag falls on his hand.
(c) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(d) He lifts too many rocks.
2. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His back.
(d) His legs.
3. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
(a) The children.
(b) The digging.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The fire.
4. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ox.
5. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
2. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
3. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
4. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
5. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
2. What does Tomie get for Christmas in this book?
3. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
4. How does Tomie spend New Year's Eve?
5. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
6. What is Tomie most excited about when he starts going to school?
7. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
8. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
9. What does Tomie say at the end of the book?
10. What does the plowing of Tomie's yard indicate about his area?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)