|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's cousin.
(b) He is Tomie's uncle.
(c) He is Tomie's godfather.
(d) He is Tomie's second cousin.
2. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To make the surprise better.
(c) To keep him out of the way.
(d) To use his skills.
3. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
4. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) After school starts.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) During the harvest.
(d) Fall break.
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(b) He will be switching classes.
(c) He can learn to draw at home.
(d) He likes his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
2. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
3. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
4. Who plows the backyard?
5. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie usually measure time?
2. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
3. What is the first thing Tomie asks his teacher on his first day of school?
4. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
5. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
6. How does Tomie first meet his principal?
7. What does Tomie do during the big move?
8. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
9. Where does Joe get the help he needs for the backyard project?
10. What is Tom's occupation?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)