|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A house.
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sewing box.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The sock drawer.
(d) The spice cabinet.
3. What has to be put into the backyard?
4. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A monument.
(b) A playground.
(c) A farm.
(d) A house.
5. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) There is a holiday.
(b) The principal gets sick.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) The storm is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
2. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
3. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
4. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
2. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
3. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
4. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
5. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
6. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
7. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
8. Why does Tomie get so excited about New Year's Eve?
9. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
10. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)