|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A playground.
(b) A farm.
(c) A monument.
(d) A house.
2. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The principal.
(c) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(d) A news reporter.
3. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To buy the land.
(b) To make a foundation.
(c) To create plans.
(d) To ask permission.
4. What has to be put into the backyard?
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
2. What does the title of the book refer to?
3. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
4. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the cellar covering create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
2. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
3. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
4. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
5. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
6. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
7. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
8. Who is Carol Crane?
9. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
10. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)