|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
2. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
3. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) Yells at the screen.
(b) Runs out screaming.
(c) Sings with the music.
4. What is the name of Tomie's father?
5. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
(a) His school mates.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
2. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
3. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
4. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
5. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
2. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
3. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
5. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
6. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
7. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
8. What is included in the backyard project?
9. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
10. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)