|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(c) Puerto Rican.
2. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The spice cabinet.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
3. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Tomie's mother's name?
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
2. What is Tomie's last name?
3. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
4. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is Mrs. Crane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
2. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
3. What does Tomie's father collect while working in the backyard, and why?
4. What do Tomie's parents do on New Year's Eve?
5. What does Tomie's new room look like?
6. Why does Tomie choose not to go back to school after his first day of school?
7. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
8. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
9. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
10. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)