|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
2. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
3. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Buddy go during the Disney movie?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The stage.
(d) The concession stand.
5. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To create plans.
(b) To make a foundation.
(c) To ask permission.
(d) To buy the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
2. What is Tomie's mother's name?
3. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
4. Why does Buddy go somewhere during the Disney movie?
5. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
2. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
3. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
4. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
5. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
6. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
7. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
8. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
9. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
10. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)