|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) His family.
(c) His future.
2. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To make a foundation.
(b) To buy the land.
(c) To create plans.
(d) To ask permission.
3. What has to be put into the backyard?
4. Who does Tomie see his first Disney movie with?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His school mates.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
5. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
2. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
4. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
5. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
2. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
3. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
4. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
5. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
6. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
7. What is Tomie's heritage?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
10. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)