|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
(a) It was not like the book.
(b) It had music.
(c) It was colorful.
(d) It was scary.
2. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A deck.
(b) A porch.
(c) A fence.
(d) A shed.
3. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A singer.
(d) An artist.
4. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A house.
(c) A cottage.
(d) An apartment.
5. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) There was nobody killed.
(b) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(c) They never occur in that area.
(d) It was longer than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
2. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
3. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
4. What does Tomie say studs are for?
5. What is the name of Tomie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
2. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
3. What is included in the backyard project?
4. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
5. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
6. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
7. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
8. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
9. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
10. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)