|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is amazed.
(d) He is excited.
2. What has to be put into the backyard?
3. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) He gets scared.
(b) It does not follow the book.
(c) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
(d) Someone says something mean to him.
4. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
5. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
2. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
3. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
4. What does the city move out in Chapter 4?
5. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is included in the backyard project?
2. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
3. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
4. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
5. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
6. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
7. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
9. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
10. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)