|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Sings songs to them.
(b) Prays over them.
(c) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(d) Pinches their cheeks.
2. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
3. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
4. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
5. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) Mr. Papallo.
(c) Nana Downstairs.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
2. What does the cellar covering create?
3. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
4. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
5. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
2. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
3. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
5. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
6. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
7. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
8. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
9. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
10. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)