|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) He works with Tomie's father.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) Tomie shops at his store.
2. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
3. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) There is a holiday.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) The storm is coming.
(d) The principal gets sick.
4. What is Tomie's last name?
5. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(a) Second grade.
(d) First grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
2. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
3. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
4. What is Tomie's father building?
5. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
2. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
3. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
4. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
5. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
6. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
7. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
8. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
9. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
10. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)