|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It gets kind of scary.
(c) It is silly.
(d) It doesn't follow the book.
2. Why does the city move something out in Chapter 4?
(a) To put in telephone poles.
(b) To clean the area.
(c) To pave the streets.
(d) To widen the streets.
3. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
4. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
5. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) They never occur in that area.
(b) There was nobody killed.
(c) It was longer than usual.
(d) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
2. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
3. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
4. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
5. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
2. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
3. What is included in the backyard project?
4. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
5. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
6. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
7. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
8. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
9. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
10. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)