|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The spice cabinet.
(b) The sock drawer.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
2. What year does this book start out in?
3. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
4. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) She jumps for joy.
(b) She throws a party.
(c) She cries.
(d) She says bad words.
5. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their first name.
(b) By where they live.
(c) By their last name.
(d) By their places of birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
2. What does Tomie imagine each time the city takes something out?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
4. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
5. What season does the house sit unfinished through?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
2. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
3. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
4. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
5. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
6. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
7. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
8. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
9. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
10. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)