|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It doesn't follow the book.
(c) It gets kind of scary.
(d) It is silly.
2. How does Tomie mark time as a child?
(a) By holidays.
(b) By movies.
(c) By the completion of the house.
(d) By school years.
3. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) It was longer than usual.
(b) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(c) There was nobody killed.
(d) They never occur in that area.
4. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is amazed.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is excited.
5. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is excited about it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
2. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
3. Who is Mrs. Crane?
4. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
5. What has to be put into the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
2. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
4. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
5. What does Tomie and his family see during the natural disaster?
6. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
7. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
8. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
9. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
10. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)