|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
2. What is Tomie's mother's name?
3. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
4. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. What does the cellar covering create?
(a) The house floor.
(c) Sturdy walking space.
(d) The foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
2. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
3. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
4. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
5. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
2. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
3. What does Tomie's mother do when things get dangerous while getting the weeds out of the backyard?
4. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
5. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
6. Who is Carol Crane?
7. What does Buddy get or Christmas in this book and how do they differ from Tomie's gifts?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What does Tomie insist on before his first day of school?
10. How is Tomie's backyard plowed?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)