|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
(b) His father.
(c) Mr. Papallo.
(d) Nana Downstairs.
2. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A monument.
(b) A playground.
(c) A farm.
(d) A house.
3. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) A dream Tomie had.
(b) His mother's childhood home.
(c) The address of the orphanage.
(d) The house Tomie's father is building.
4. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
5. What does the cellar covering create?
(a) The house floor.
(c) The foundation.
(d) Sturdy walking space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
2. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
3. What is the first Disney movie Tomie sees?
4. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
5. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
2. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
3. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
4. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
5. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
6. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
7. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
8. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
9. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
10. What is Tomie's heritage?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)