|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) It wasn't in town.
(b) It wasn't finished.
(c) His mother placed holy water on it.
(d) He prayed about it.
2. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
3. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
4. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A house.
5. What is added to the house when the city takes something out?
(a) A driveway.
(b) A walkway.
(c) A lawn.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tomie's father?
2. What are the things that Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
3. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
4. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
5. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
2. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
3. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
4. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
5. What is included in the backyard project?
6. What does Tomie like most about his favorite movie stars?
7. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
8. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
10. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)