|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
2. How does Tomie's father respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
(a) He jumps for joy.
(b) He throws a party.
(c) He cries.
(d) He says bad words.
3. What will be built by the city on Fairmount Avenue?
(c) Street lights.
4. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
5. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) The storm is coming.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) The principal gets sick.
(d) There is a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a big delay in the building of the house?
2. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
3. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
4. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
5. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
2. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
3. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
5. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
6. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
7. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
8. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
9. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
10. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)