|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandfather's does Tomie have?
2. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sewing box.
(b) The spice cabinet.
(c) The medicine cabinet.
(d) The sock drawer.
3. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(b) Puerto Rican.
4. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
5. Who does Tomie share with when he finds what he thinks is candy when there are none in the regular spot?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
2. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
3. What is Carol's last name?
4. How does Tomie know Mr. Papallo?
5. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
2. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
3. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
4. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
5. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
6. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
7. Why did Tomie end up alone while watching "Snow White" for the first time?
8. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
9. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
10. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)