|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Tomie's father get to help with the house?
2. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) He prayed about it.
(b) His mother placed holy water on it.
(c) It wasn't finished.
(d) It wasn't in town.
3. Who calms Tomie when he gets upset about his first Disney movie?
(a) His mother.
(b) The person in front of him.
(c) The person behind him.
(d) His brother.
4. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is amazed.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is excited.
5. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Horse breeding.
(b) Blue prints.
(c) Strength training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the cellar covering create?
3. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
4. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
5. What has to be put into the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
2. What is Tomie's heritage?
3. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
4. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
5. What is 26 Fairmount Avenue?
6. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
7. What makes the style of the beginning of the book so distinctive?
8. Who is Carol Crane?
9. How do Tomie's parents feel about what they city is doing along Fairmount Avenue, and why?
10. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)