|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the chalk given to Tomie before the walls are finished?
2. What year does this book start out in?
3. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) There was nobody killed.
(b) It cause very little damage for how big it was.
(c) They never occur in that area.
(d) It was longer than usual.
4. What has to be put into the backyard?
5. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
3. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
4. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Tomie take to see the Disney movie the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
2. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
3. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
4. Who are Tomie's favorite movie stars?
5. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
6. Who is Carol Crane?
7. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
8. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
9. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
10. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)