|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tomie's brother at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens to the house when the city moves something out?
(a) It ends up on a hill.
(b) It loses road access.
(c) It gets dirty.
(d) It loses value.
3. What is Tomie's mother's name?
4. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) He gets scared.
(b) Someone says something mean to him.
(c) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
(d) It does not follow the book.
5. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie describe Mae West?
2. What is so strange about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
3. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
4. Why can't Tomie see his room when the walls are finished?
5. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
2. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
3. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
4. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
5. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
6. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
7. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
8. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
9. What has to be changed about the house when the City does something along Fairmount Avenue?
10. What strange and religious habit does Tomie's mother have?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)