|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) There was a hurricane.
(b) His father died.
(c) The war started.
(d) He started school.
2. What is placed over Tomie's new cellar?
(b) Tree limbs.
(c) Metal beams.
3. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
4. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
5. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
(a) He can't go to his room.
(b) They won't let him help.
(c) His pictures are covered up.
(d) It isn't painted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Nesci's first name?
2. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
3. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
4. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
5. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothered Tomie about the movie "Snow White"?
2. How is Tomie calmed down after getting upset when the walls are finished?
3. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
4. What makes Tomie upset when the walls are finished?
5. Who is Carol Crane?
6. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
7. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
8. What is Tomie's heritage?
9. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
10. What is included in the backyard project?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)