|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do for him before bed?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) All of these.
(c) Say prayers.
(d) Read books.
2. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
3. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Horse breeding.
(b) Strength training.
(d) Blue prints.
4. How does Tomie include his distant family in his new house?
(a) He writes about them.
(b) He talks to them about it.
(c) He sends them pictures.
(d) He draws them on the wall.
5. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A house.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does this book start out in?
2. How does Tomie's mother respond to what happens to the house after the city moves something out?
3. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
4. What is the name of Tomie's father?
5. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
2. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
3. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
4. Why does Tomie talk so much about the building of his new house?
5. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
6. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
7. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
8. What is Tomie's favorite thing to in his spare time?
9. What does Tomie add to the walls before they are finished?
10. What does Tomie's mother do for Carol Crane at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)