|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tomie's last name?
2. What is Carol's last name?
3. When does Tomie's father want to work on the back yard?
(a) The Summer.
(b) The Winter.
(c) The Fall.
(d) The Spring.
4. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) His class ends.
(b) His father has a meeting.
(c) His brother gets scared.
(d) A storm hits.
5. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To buy the land.
(b) To make a foundation.
(c) To ask permission.
(d) To create plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to be taken out of the backyard?
2. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
3. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Tomie supposed to call all his grandmothers?
5. How many people live with Tomie at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tomie's father plan to finish the house after the big delay?
2. Who has the most dramatic reaction to the hurricane, and why?
3. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
4. What is included in the backyard project?
5. What is Tomie's heritage?
6. What is Tomie reminded of while watching the natural disaster?
7. What does the city do all along Fairmount Avenue?
8. What happens when there are no chocolates in the sewing box?
9. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
10. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year of the hurricane?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)