|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A house.
2. When does Tomie's father promise to complete the house?
(b) New Year's.
3. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) They lose electricity.
(b) They get property damage.
(c) They lose property values.
(d) They are traumatized.
4. Where does Tomie see his first Disney movie?
(a) The Red Door Theater.
(b) The Capital Theater.
(c) The Neighborhood park.
(d) The shool cafeteria.
5. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(a) Puerto Rican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carol's last name?
2. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the cellar covering create?
4. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
5. How old is Tomie at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Tomie's favorite movie stars a bit of a surprise?
2. Who is Carol Crane?
3. How does Tomie find out about the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. What saves Tomie's house from the hurricane?
5. What does Tomie's new room look like?
6. How did Nana Fall Water get her name?
7. What caused the long delay in the building of the house?
8. How do Tomie's parents respond to what the city is doing all along Fairmount Avenue?
9. What danger arises when the weeds are taken out of the backyard?
10. What is Tomie's heritage?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)