|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(c) None of these.
2. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
3. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are mowed.
(c) They are poisoned.
(d) They are stripped.
4. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
5. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Keep children entertained.
(b) Stock shelves.
(c) Open boxes.
(d) Weed the yard.
6. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
7. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(a) His mother.
8. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
9. What is the last step of the backyard project?
(a) Plowing the earth.
(b) Planting seeds.
(c) Building the fence.
(d) Smoothing the ground.
10. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He will be switching classes.
(b) He can learn to draw at home.
(c) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(d) He likes his teacher.
11. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His back.
(b) His legs.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
12. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) During the harvest.
(b) After school starts.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) Fall break.
13. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His maturity.
(b) His stubborn nature.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His eagerness to learn.
14. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He walks.
(b) He steals a bike.
(c) He hires a cab.
(d) He takes the bus.
15. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
2. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
3. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
4. What is Tom's occupation?
5. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)