|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His eagerness to learn.
(b) His maturity.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His stubborn nature.
2. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
(a) The windows.
(b) The fence.
(c) The light post.
(d) The backyard.
3. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
(c) Nana Downstairs.
4. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
5. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He will be switching classes.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He can learn to draw at home.
6. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
(a) To control the fire.
(b) To catch bugs.
(c) To spread seeds.
(d) To collect weeds.
7. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
8. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are mowed.
(c) They are stripped.
(d) They are poisoned.
9. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(a) The movies.
(b) The back yard.
10. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
(a) He carpools.
(b) He rides a bike.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes a bus.
11. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
12. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
13. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(d) Shirley Temple.
14. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A house.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An apartment.
15. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
(a) He can't move into his house.
(b) What he does at school.
(c) All of these.
(d) His worries about his mother's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
2. What is the last step of the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
4. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
5. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)