|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His maturity.
(b) His eagerness to learn.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His stubborn nature.
2. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandfather.
3. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) Across town.
(c) Down the street.
(d) 1 mile.
4. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is a dream fulfilled.
(b) It is the answer to prayers.
(c) It is a sticking place.
(d) It is the beginning to his story.
5. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
6. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The bannister.
(b) The studs.
(c) The stairs.
(d) The tiling.
7. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A house.
(d) A cottage.
8. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) The school.
(b) All of these.
(c) Fairmount Ave.
(d) The library.
9. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
10. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A monument.
(b) A mailbox.
(c) A stove.
(d) A fence.
11. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's uncle.
(b) He is Tomie's second cousin.
(c) He is Tomie's godfather.
(d) He is Tomie's cousin.
12. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) Fall break.
(b) During the harvest.
(c) After school starts.
(d) On the weekends.
13. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(a) All of these.
14. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The bathroom.
15. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Eva Mae.
(c) Orphan Annie.
(d) Shirley Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
2. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
3. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
4. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
5. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)