|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
2. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) This is the best day of my life.
(b) I'll be back next year.
(c) This is not what I expected.
(d) You are amazing.
3. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A stove.
(b) A monument.
(c) A fence.
(d) A mailbox.
4. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
5. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The last day of school.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The day before school.
(d) The third day of school.
6. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
7. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The cellar.
8. Who helps Tomie's family with the backyard project?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The builders.
(c) The co-workers.
(d) The church members.
9. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
10. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) Across town.
(d) Down the street.
11. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's uncle.
(b) He is Tomie's cousin.
(c) He is Tomie's godfather.
(d) He is Tomie's second cousin.
12. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
13. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
(a) The children.
(b) The fire.
(c) The digging.
(d) The dogs.
14. What year does Tomie begin school?
15. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His eagerness to learn.
(b) His social awkwardness.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His stubborn nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
2. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
3. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
4. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
5. What street is the apartment on?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)