|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Tomie begin school?
2. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) This is the best day of my life.
(b) You are amazing.
(c) This is not what I expected.
(d) I'll be back next year.
3. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(b) His mother.
4. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) The water is not hooked up.
(b) The fire is too low.
(c) There are too many people.
(d) There are not enough tools.
5. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
6. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
7. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
8. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The tiling.
(b) The bannister.
(c) The stairs.
(d) The studs.
9. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His stubborn nature.
(b) His eagerness to learn.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His maturity.
10. What is Tom's occupation?
(a) Hotel manager.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Store owner.
(d) College professor.
11. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To adhere the plaster.
(b) To keep it safe from the fire.
(c) To clean it down.
(d) To keep it cool.
12. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He can learn to draw at home.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He will be switching classes.
13. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
14. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A fire hydrant.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A barrel.
15. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is his godmother.
(b) She is a second cousin.
(c) She is his great aunt.
(d) She is his grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
2. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
3. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
4. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
5. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)