|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
(a) All of these.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His parents.
2. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A water bottle.
3. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) When he will go home.
(b) When he will learn to read.
(c) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(d) Where he should sit.
4. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is his great aunt.
(b) She is his godmother.
(c) She is his grandmother.
(d) She is a second cousin.
5. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
6. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(d) His mother.
7. What street is the apartment on?
(a) Carlton Rd.
(b) Cambridge Ct.
(c) Carolina St.
(d) Columbus Ave.
8. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The cellar.
9. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(c) Shirley Temple.
10. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
11. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
12. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is excited.
13. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) Fall break.
(b) After school starts.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) During the harvest.
14. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He is not in Carol's class.
(b) He is not in his house yet.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He does not have new clothes.
15. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) Down the street.
(c) Across town.
(d) 1 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
2. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
3. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
4. Who helps Tomie's family with the backyard project?
5. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)