|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(b) He will be switching classes.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He can learn to draw at home.
2. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To keep it safe from the fire.
(b) To keep it cool.
(c) To clean it down.
(d) To adhere the plaster.
3. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ox.
4. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He has to go in the afternoon.
(b) He is not in Carol's class.
(c) He does not have new clothes.
(d) He is not in his house yet.
5. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A Noreaster.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A blizzard.
6. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
7. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Stock shelves.
(b) Open boxes.
(c) Weed the yard.
(d) Keep children entertained.
8. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(a) Grandpa Tom.
(b) Nana Upstrairs.
9. What is Uncle Wiggly?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) A model.
(d) A game.
10. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
(a) He carpools.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He takes a bus.
11. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
12. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(d) Shirley Temple.
13. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He lifts too many rocks.
(b) He trips over some logs.
(c) A bag falls on his hand.
(d) Smoke gets in his eyes.
14. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The cellar.
15. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The alleyway.
(c) The shed.
(d) The front yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
2. What is Miss Burke's job?
3. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
4. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
5. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)