|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are stripped.
(b) They are poisoned.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They are mowed.
2. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
3. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
(a) His friends.
(b) His God.
(c) His dead sister.
(d) His guardian angel.
4. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
5. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
6. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(c) His mother.
7. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His father.
8. What is strange about Tomie coming home his first day of school?
(a) He leaves late.
(b) He follows Carol.
(c) He leaves school early.
(d) He doesn't tell his mother.
9. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
10. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
11. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To adhere the plaster.
(b) To keep it cool.
(c) To clean it down.
(d) To keep it safe from the fire.
12. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An ox.
(d) A horse.
13. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
(a) The light post.
(b) The fence.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The windows.
14. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
15. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) New Year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
2. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
3. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
4. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
5. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)