|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
2. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The doodad.
(b) The power.
(c) The thingamajig.
(d) The Contraption.
4. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
5. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(c) His mother.
6. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A Noreaster.
(d) A monsoon.
7. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His hands.
8. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
(a) He takes a bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) He carpools.
(d) He rides a bike.
9. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
10. What is Uncle Wiggly?
(a) A book.
(b) A model.
(c) A toy.
(d) A game.
11. What year does Tomie begin school?
12. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
13. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dance.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A debate.
14. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) During the harvest.
(b) Fall break.
(c) After school starts.
(d) On the weekends.
15. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His social awkwardness.
(b) His stubborn nature.
(c) His eagerness to learn.
(d) His maturity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
2. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
4. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
5. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)