|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Eva Mae.
(c) Orphan Annie.
(d) Shirley Temple.
2. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
(a) He carpools.
(b) He takes a bus.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He walks.
3. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His back.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His legs.
4. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
5. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dinner.
(b) A debate.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A dance.
6. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
(d) Nana Downstairs.
7. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(b) Grandpa Tom.
(d) Nana Upstrairs.
8. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) After school starts.
(b) During the harvest.
(c) Fall break.
(d) On the weekends.
9. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(d) His mother.
10. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
(a) To control the fire.
(b) To collect weeds.
(c) To spread seeds.
(d) To catch bugs.
11. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Down the street.
(b) Across town.
(c) Over the bridge.
(d) 1 mile.
12. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(c) Shirley Temple.
13. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
14. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He can learn to draw at home.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He will be switching classes.
(d) He likes his teacher.
15. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
(a) The pets.
(b) The porch.
(c) The people in the yard.
(d) The plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
2. Who plows the backyard?
3. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
4. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
5. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)