|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is a sticking place.
(b) It is the answer to prayers.
(c) It is the beginning to his story.
(d) It is a dream fulfilled.
2. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) An ox.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
3. What is the last step of the backyard project?
(a) Smoothing the ground.
(b) Plowing the earth.
(c) Building the fence.
(d) Planting seeds.
4. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's second cousin.
(b) He is Tomie's cousin.
(c) He is Tomie's uncle.
(d) He is Tomie's godfather.
5. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He does not have new clothes.
(b) He is not in his house yet.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He is not in Carol's class.
6. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) Where he should sit.
(b) When he will learn to read.
(c) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(d) When he will go home.
7. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He likes his teacher.
(b) He can learn to draw at home.
(c) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(d) He will be switching classes.
8. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A garden hose.
(b) A barrel.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A water bottle.
9. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A debate.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A dance.
10. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) Down the street.
(c) Across town.
(d) 1 mile.
11. What year does Tomie begin school?
12. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The stairs.
(b) The studs.
(c) The tiling.
(d) The bannister.
13. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
(a) A Spiderman doll.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A Jeep doll.
(d) A Popeye doll.
14. What is Uncle Wiggly?
(a) A game.
(b) A toy.
(c) A book.
(d) A model.
15. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
2. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
3. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
4. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
5. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)