|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(a) None of these.
2. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is nervous.
3. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
(a) His worries about his mother's health.
(b) What he does at school.
(c) He can't move into his house.
(d) All of these.
4. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He hires a cab.
(b) He steals a bike.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) He walks.
5. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
6. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
(a) To use his skills.
(b) To help Tom.
(c) To make the surprise better.
(d) To keep him out of the way.
7. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
8. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) The fire is too low.
(b) There are too many people.
(c) There are not enough tools.
(d) The water is not hooked up.
9. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(c) Nana Upstrairs.
(d) Grandpa Tom.
10. What is Miss Burke's job?
11. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's cousin.
(b) He is Tomie's second cousin.
(c) He is Tomie's godfather.
(d) He is Tomie's uncle.
12. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
(a) A wagon wheel.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A ship wheel.
(d) A horseshoe.
13. What is Mickey's last name?
14. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) A bag falls on his hand.
(c) He lifts too many rocks.
(d) Smoke gets in his eyes.
15. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is a dream fulfilled.
(b) It is a sticking place.
(c) It is the beginning to his story.
(d) It is the answer to prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
2. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
3. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
4. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
5. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)