|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) An ox.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
2. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
3. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
4. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He hires a cab.
(b) He steals a bike.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes the bus.
5. What sport does Buddy get equipment for at Christmas?
6. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) I'll be back next year.
(b) This is the best day of my life.
(c) This is not what I expected.
(d) You are amazing.
7. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
8. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(d) All of these.
9. Who plows the backyard?
(a) Someone Joe hires.
(b) Mr. Tony.
(c) Tomie and Buddy.
10. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
11. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
(c) His mother.
12. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is his grandmother.
(b) She is his great aunt.
(c) She is a second cousin.
(d) She is his godmother.
13. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The living room.
14. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His maturity.
(b) His eagerness to learn.
(c) His stubborn nature.
(d) His social awkwardness.
15. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(b) Grandpa Tom.
(c) Nana Upstrairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
2. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
3. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
4. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
5. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)