|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) All of these.
(b) The library.
(c) Fairmount Ave.
(d) The school.
2. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
3. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A house.
4. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(c) He lifts too many rocks.
(d) A bag falls on his hand.
5. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The clouds open for a day.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The rain stops.
(d) The ice melts.
6. What year does Tomie begin school?
7. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) Fall break.
(b) During the harvest.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) After school starts.
8. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
9. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His hands.
10. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dinner.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A dance.
(d) A debate.
11. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His maturity.
(b) His stubborn nature.
(c) His eagerness to learn.
(d) His social awkwardness.
12. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He will be switching classes.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He can learn to draw at home.
13. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
14. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(c) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day.
15. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) Where he should sit.
(b) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(c) When he will go home.
(d) When he will learn to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
2. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
4. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
5. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)