|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is his godmother.
(b) She is his grandmother.
(c) She is a second cousin.
(d) She is his great aunt.
2. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
(a) The fire.
(b) The children.
(c) The digging.
(d) The dogs.
3. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
4. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The ice melts.
(c) The clouds open for a day.
(d) The mud freezes.
5. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
6. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) He lifts too many rocks.
(c) A bag falls on his hand.
(d) Smoke gets in his eyes.
7. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) After school starts.
(b) Fall break.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) During the harvest.
8. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He is not in Carol's class.
(b) He has to go in the afternoon.
(c) He does not have new clothes.
(d) He is not in his house yet.
9. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is angry.
10. What street is the apartment on?
(a) Carlton Rd.
(b) Cambridge Ct.
(c) Columbus Ave.
(d) Carolina St.
11. What is else is sprayed down when the house is sprayed down?
(a) The plants.
(b) The porch.
(c) The pets.
(d) The people in the yard.
12. How long will Tomie have to wait to learn what he wants in school?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 semester.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
13. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A water bottle.
14. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(a) The movies.
(c) The back yard.
15. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An ox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
2. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
3. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
4. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
5. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)