|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
2. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are poisoned.
(c) They are stripped.
(d) They are mowed.
3. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To use his skills.
(c) To keep him out of the way.
(d) To make the surprise better.
4. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To catch bugs.
(b) To control the fire.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To spread seeds.
5. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
(a) His dead sister.
(b) His God.
(c) His friends.
(d) His guardian angel.
7. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
(a) To build.
(b) To draw.
(c) To add.
(d) To read.
8. How does Tomie get home from school on his first day?
(a) He hires a cab.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He steals a bike.
(d) He walks.
9. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
10. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To adhere the plaster.
(b) To clean it down.
(c) To keep it cool.
(d) To keep it safe from the fire.
11. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
12. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A hotel.
13. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is a sticking place.
(b) It is the beginning to his story.
(c) It is a dream fulfilled.
(d) It is the answer to prayers.
14. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
15. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
2. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
3. What street is the apartment on?
4. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
5. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)