|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fairmount Ave.
(c) The library.
(d) The school.
2. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
3. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(c) Grandpa Tom.
(d) Nana Upstrairs.
4. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
(a) The digging.
(b) The children.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The fire.
5. Why is the house sprayed down during the backyard project?
(a) To clean it down.
(b) To keep it safe from the fire.
(c) To adhere the plaster.
(d) To keep it cool.
6. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A monument.
(b) A mailbox.
(c) A fence.
(d) A stove.
7. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To spread seeds.
(b) To control the fire.
(c) To collect weeds.
(d) To catch bugs.
8. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
(a) His God.
(b) His guardian angel.
(c) His friends.
(d) His dead sister.
9. What does Tomie's mother do when she hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(a) None of these.
10. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
11. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Across town.
(b) Down the street.
(c) Over the bridge.
(d) 1 mile.
12. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dance.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A debate.
(d) A dinner.
13. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
(a) To help Tom.
(b) To make the surprise better.
(c) To use his skills.
(d) To keep him out of the way.
14. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A garden hose.
(b) A water bottle.
(c) A barrel.
(d) A fire hydrant.
15. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
(a) What he does at school.
(b) All of these.
(c) His worries about his mother's health.
(d) He can't move into his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
2. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
3. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
4. What is Uncle Wiggly?
5. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)