|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A horse.
(b) An ox.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
2. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dance.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A debate.
3. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
4. What does Tomie say about his house at the end of the book?
(a) It is a sticking place.
(b) It is the beginning to his story.
(c) It is the answer to prayers.
(d) It is a dream fulfilled.
5. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) He lifts too many rocks.
(c) A bag falls on his hand.
(d) Smoke gets in his eyes.
6. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(a) Nana Upstrairs.
(d) Grandpa Tom.
7. What is Miss Burke's job?
8. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(d) Shirley Temple.
9. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) All of these.
(b) The school.
(c) The library.
(d) Fairmount Ave.
10. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) All of these.
(c) His parents.
(d) His aunt.
11. Who stays with Tomie during the move to the new house?
(b) Nana Downstairs.
12. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(c) The back yard.
(d) The movies.
13. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He can learn to draw at home.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He will be switching classes.
(d) He likes his teacher.
14. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The power.
(b) The doodad.
(c) The Contraption.
(d) The thingamajig.
15. What does Tomie want to learn most at school?
(a) To read.
(b) To draw.
(c) To add.
(d) To build.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
2. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
3. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
4. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
5. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)