|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie tell Nell about?
(a) He can't move into his house.
(b) All of these.
(c) What he does at school.
(d) His worries about his mother's health.
2. What is Uncle Wiggly?
(a) A game.
(b) A book.
(c) A toy.
(d) A model.
3. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The power.
(b) The Contraption.
(c) The thingamajig.
(d) The doodad.
4. What does the mirror in Tomie's new room look like?
(a) A ship wheel.
(b) A horseshoe.
(c) A car tire.
(d) A wagon wheel.
5. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
(a) The light post.
(b) The windows.
(c) The fence.
(d) The backyard.
6. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His hands.
(b) His back.
(c) His legs.
(d) His eyes.
7. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(b) Nana Upstrairs.
(c) Grandpa Tom.
8. What does Tomie's father collect during the backyard project?
9. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
(a) The new house.
(b) The college hall.
(c) The Elk's Club.
(d) The city council.
10. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
11. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) On the weekends.
(b) During the harvest.
(c) After school starts.
(d) Fall break.
12. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
(a) The children.
(b) The digging.
(c) The fire.
(d) The dogs.
13. What holiday does Tomie's father say they can move to the house on?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's.
14. What part of the house gets flooded during the storm?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
15. What is strange about Tomie coming home his first day of school?
(a) He leaves late.
(b) He follows Carol.
(c) He doesn't tell his mother.
(d) He leaves school early.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
2. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
3. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
4. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
5. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)