|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the items Tomie's father collects used to build?
(a) A fence.
(b) A mailbox.
(c) A stove.
(d) A monument.
2. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A Noreaster.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A blizzard.
3. Who does Tomie's mother take home before checking on the house in the storm?
4. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His maturity.
(b) His eagerness to learn.
(c) His social awkwardness.
(d) His stubborn nature.
5. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Keep children entertained.
(b) Stock shelves.
(c) Open boxes.
(d) Weed the yard.
6. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He trips over some logs.
(b) A bag falls on his hand.
(c) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(d) He lifts too many rocks.
7. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(b) The back yard.
(c) The movies.
8. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
9. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
10. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The Contraption.
(b) The power.
(c) The doodad.
(d) The thingamajig.
11. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(d) His father.
12. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
13. What instrument does Tomie get for his last Christmas in the apartment?
14. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
(a) The city council.
(b) The college hall.
(c) The new house.
(d) The Elk's Club.
15. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
(c) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
2. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
3. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
4. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
5. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)