|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tomie go during the move to the new house?
(a) The movies.
(c) The back yard.
2. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A dinner.
(b) A dance.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A debate.
3. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
(a) He carpools.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He takes a bus.
4. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
5. What is strange about Tomie coming home his first day of school?
(a) He doesn't tell his mother.
(b) He leaves late.
(c) He follows Carol.
(d) He leaves school early.
6. How is Tomie related to Nell?
(a) She is a second cousin.
(b) She is his godmother.
(c) She is his grandmother.
(d) She is his great aunt.
7. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) He lifts too many rocks.
(b) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(c) A bag falls on his hand.
(d) He trips over some logs.
8. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He does not have new clothes.
(b) He is not in Carol's class.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He is not in his house yet.
9. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited.
10. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A house.
(d) A hotel.
11. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A monsoon.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A Noreaster.
(d) A tsunami.
12. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The third day of school.
(b) The first day of school.
(c) The last day of school.
(d) The day before school.
13. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The ice melts.
(d) The clouds open for a day.
14. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Open boxes.
(b) Keep children entertained.
(c) Stock shelves.
(d) Weed the yard.
15. What does Mrs. Crane give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie describe to move to his house?
2. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
3. Who does Tomie want to take him to school his first day?
4. What is Mickey's last name?
5. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)