|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the backyard project begin?
(a) During the harvest.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) Fall break.
(d) After school starts.
2. What is Tom's occupation?
(a) Hotel manager.
(b) College professor.
(c) Newspaper editor.
(d) Store owner.
3. What does Tomie say to his teacher at the end of his first day of school?
(a) This is the best day of my life.
(b) This is not what I expected.
(c) You are amazing.
(d) I'll be back next year.
4. Who plows the backyard?
(a) Mr. Tony.
(b) Tomie and Buddy.
(d) Someone Joe hires.
5. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
(a) To keep him out of the way.
(b) To use his skills.
(c) To make the surprise better.
(d) To help Tom.
6. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Across town.
(b) Over the bridge.
(c) Down the street.
(d) 1 mile.
7. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
8. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The last day of school.
(b) The third day of school.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The day before school.
9. What is Miss Burke's job?
10. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The clouds open for a day.
(d) The ice melts.
11. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A water bottle.
(b) A fire hydrant.
(c) A barrel.
(d) A garden hose.
12. How does Tomie's father get rid of the weeds in the backyard?
(a) They are poisoned.
(b) They are stripped.
(c) They are mowed.
(d) They are burned.
13. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
(a) A Jeep doll.
(b) A Spiderman doll.
(c) A Popeye doll.
(d) A rag doll.
14. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He will be switching classes.
(b) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(c) He likes his teacher.
(d) He can learn to draw at home.
15. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He does not have new clothes.
(b) He is not in Carol's class.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He is not in his house yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomie's mother go on New Year's Eve?
2. What almost gets out of hand during the backyard project?
3. What is the name of Charlie's girlfriend?
4. Where is the item made out of the things Tomie's father collects placed?
5. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)