|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) The school.
(b) All of these.
(c) The library.
(d) Fairmount Ave.
2. Who gives Tomie Uncle Wiggly for Christmas?
3. What is the first question Tomie asks his kindergarten teacher?
(a) When he will learn to read.
(b) When he will go home.
(c) Why he can't sit by Carol.
(d) Where he should sit.
4. What year does Tomie begin school?
5. What event does Tomie's mother attend on New Year's Eve?
(a) A debate.
(b) A dance.
(c) A dinner.
(d) A meeting.
6. What street is the apartment on?
(a) Carolina St.
(b) Cambridge Ct.
(c) Columbus Ave.
(d) Carlton Rd.
7. What kind of doll does Tomie get for Christmas?
(a) A Jeep doll.
(b) A Popeye doll.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) A Spiderman doll.
8. How close is the school to Tomie's dwelling?
(a) Over the bridge.
(b) Across town.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) Down the street.
9. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) A Noreaster.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A monsoon.
10. What is used to spray the house down during the backyard project?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A fire hydrant.
(d) A water bottle.
11. When does Tomie meet Miss Burke?
(a) The last day of school.
(b) The third day of school.
(c) The first day of school.
(d) The day before school.
12. What is Miss Burke's job?
13. What kind of dwelling is Tomie in when school starts?
(a) A house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A cottage.
14. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(d) All of these.
15. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He likes his teacher.
(b) He can learn to draw at home.
(c) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(d) He will be switching classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
2. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
3. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
4. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
5. What does Tomie's mother give her kids to celebrate New Year's Eve with?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)