|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) There are too many people.
(b) The fire is too low.
(c) The water is not hooked up.
(d) There are not enough tools.
2. What does Tomie call the tool used to finish the backyard?
(a) The power.
(b) The thingamajig.
(c) The doodad.
(d) The Contraption.
3. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
4. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
(a) His eagerness to learn.
(b) His maturity.
(c) His stubborn nature.
(d) His social awkwardness.
5. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The clouds open for a day.
(c) The ice melts.
(d) The mud freezes.
6. Who does Tomie party with on New Year's Eve?
(a) Grandpa Tom.
(d) Nana Upstrairs.
7. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
8. What is Mickey's last name?
9. What has to be built before Tomie can see his room in the new house?
(a) The tiling.
(b) The bannister.
(c) The stairs.
(d) The studs.
10. What is Tomie's favorite comic?
11. How is Charlie related to Tomie?
(a) He is Tomie's second cousin.
(b) He is Tomie's godfather.
(c) He is Tomie's cousin.
(d) He is Tomie's uncle.
12. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To collect weeds.
(b) To spread seeds.
(c) To control the fire.
(d) To catch bugs.
13. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
(c) All of these.
14. What does the storm in Chapter 7 mess up at the house?
(a) The windows.
(b) The fence.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The light post.
15. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tomie sent somewhere during the move to the big house?
2. Who is notified when Tomie leaves school on his first day?
3. What is Tom's occupation?
4. How long will Tomie have to wait to learn what he wants in school?
5. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)