|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city have to fix after the storm in Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) All of these.
(c) Fairmount Ave.
(d) The school.
2. How long will Tomie have to wait to learn what he wants in school?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 semester.
(d) 1 month.
3. How does Tomie feel about starting school?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited.
4. Who sprays the house down during the backyard project?
5. What kind of storm hits in Chapter 7?
6. What fixes the problem at the new house after the storm?
(a) The rain stops.
(b) The mud freezes.
(c) The ice melts.
(d) The clouds open for a day.
7. What does Tomie help Tom do during the big move?
(a) Open boxes.
(b) Keep children entertained.
(c) Weed the yard.
(d) Stock shelves.
8. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
9. What hurts Tomie during the backyard project?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His back.
(c) His legs.
(d) His hands.
10. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He does not have new clothes.
(b) He is not in his house yet.
(c) He has to go in the afternoon.
(d) He is not in Carol's class.
11. Who does Carol remind Tomie of?
(a) Orphan Annie.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Eva Mae.
12. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
(a) He has to go to kindergarten to get to first grade.
(b) He likes his teacher.
(c) He will be switching classes.
(d) He can learn to draw at home.
13. What are the brooms used for in the backyard project?
(a) To catch bugs.
(b) To collect weeds.
(c) To spread seeds.
(d) To control the fire.
14. What is the last step of the backyard project?
(a) Planting seeds.
(b) Building the fence.
(c) Plowing the earth.
(d) Smoothing the ground.
15. How does Tomie feel about helping with the backyard project?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dressers are in Tomie's new room?
2. Who is with Charlie when he sees the new house on the day of the move?
3. How does Tomie get to school his first day of school?
4. Who does Nell say will help Tomie if he is pure?
5. What are the burlap bags used for in the backyard project?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)