|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
(a) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
2. Who calms Tomie down when he gets upset when the walls are finished?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What makes Tomie mad when the walls are finished?
(a) He can't go to his room.
(b) They won't let him help.
(c) It isn't painted.
(d) His pictures are covered up.
4. What animal is used to plow the backyard?
(a) A cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An ox.
(d) A horse.
5. What kind of doll does Carol get for Christmas?
(c) Shirley Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
3. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Tomie's father do when he hears the city will have to fix something after the storm?
5. What does Tomie's mother say he shows by going back to school after his first day?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)