|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
2. What causes Tomie to do something strange while seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) His mother's lullaby is like the music in the movie.
(b) He gets scared.
(c) It does not follow the book.
(d) Someone says something mean to him.
3. What mistake is made at the beginning of the day when the weeds are gotten rid of?
(a) The fire is too low.
(b) There are not enough tools.
(c) There are too many people.
(d) The water is not hooked up.
4. Who is Mae West?
(a) An author.
(b) A movie star.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A painter.
5. Why can't Tomie see his room when the walls are finished?
(a) There are no windows.
(b) There are no stairs.
(c) The plaster is not dry.
(d) It is too dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nell tell Tomie to do to get the help he wants?
2. When does the backyard project begin?
3. Who is Tomie's favorite movie star?
4. What does Tomie's father call the storm in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)