|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie get hurt during the backyard project?
(a) Smoke gets in his eyes.
(b) A bag falls on his hand.
(c) He trips over some logs.
(d) He lifts too many rocks.
2. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A playground.
(b) A farm.
(c) A house.
(d) A monument.
3. Who talks Tomie into going back to school after his first day?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
4. What does Tomie show by his actions on the first day of school?
(a) His stubborn nature.
(b) His eagerness to learn.
(c) His maturity.
(d) His social awkwardness.
5. What is Tomie disappointed about on his first day of school?
(a) He is not in his house yet.
(b) He has to go in the afternoon.
(c) He is not in Carol's class.
(d) He does not have new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tomie choose to go back to school after his first day?
2. Who is home when Tomie gets home from school on his first day?
3. Who lets Tomie draw on the walls before they are finished?
4. What strange thing does Tomie do while seeing his first Disney movie?
5. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)