|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) They get property damage.
(b) They lose property values.
(c) They are traumatized.
(d) They lose electricity.
2. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Prays over them.
(b) Pinches their cheeks.
(c) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(d) Sings songs to them.
3. What warning does Tomie give when he takes someone to see the Disney movie?
(a) It gets kind of scary.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is silly.
(d) It doesn't follow the book.
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) His father died.
(b) There was a hurricane.
(c) He started school.
(d) The war started.
5. Why does Tomie get left alone when seeing his first Disney movie?
(a) A storm hits.
(b) His father has a meeting.
(c) His class ends.
(d) His brother gets scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
2. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
3. Why was Tomie's first Disney movie not what he expected?
4. What does Tomie say Walt Disney didn't do before making his movie?
5. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)