|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) His mother's childhood home.
(b) A dream Tomie had.
(c) The address of the orphanage.
(d) The house Tomie's father is building.
2. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
(b) Second grade.
(c) First grade.
3. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) His mother placed holy water on it.
(b) It wasn't finished.
(c) He prayed about it.
(d) It wasn't in town.
4. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Prays over them.
(b) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(c) Pinches their cheeks.
(d) Sings songs to them.
5. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A house.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
2. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
3. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
5. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)