|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) The war started.
(b) He started school.
(c) His father died.
(d) There was a hurricane.
2. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) The address of the orphanage.
(b) His mother's childhood home.
(c) The house Tomie's father is building.
(d) A dream Tomie had.
3. What is Tomie reminded of during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) A book he read.
(c) A painting he saw.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
4. What kind of dwelling does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cottage.
(d) An apartment.
5. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
2. What is the name of Tomie's favorite brother?
3. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
5. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)