|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To make a foundation.
(b) To buy the land.
(c) To create plans.
(d) To ask permission.
2. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) The principal gets sick.
(b) There is a holiday.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) The storm is coming.
3. What does the cellar covering create?
(b) Sturdy walking space.
(c) The foundation.
(d) The house floor.
4. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Strength training.
(c) Blue prints.
(d) Horse breeding.
5. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(c) Puerto Rican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What kind of natural disaster happens at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of Tomie's favorite grandfather?
4. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
5. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)