|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie's mother do to everyone?
(a) Pinches their cheeks.
(b) Sprinkles holy water on them.
(c) Prays over them.
(d) Sings songs to them.
2. What does Tomie think saved his new house during the natural disaster?
(a) His mother placed holy water on it.
(b) It wasn't in town.
(c) It wasn't finished.
(d) He prayed about it.
3. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The sewing box.
(d) The spice cabinet.
4. What is the name of Tomie's best friend?
5. How does Tomie feel about what his father is building?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is excited about it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
2. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
3. What state does Tomie live in at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
5. What color are the wrappers on what Tomie thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)