|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A singer.
(c) An artist.
(d) A writer.
2. What does Tomie say studs are for?
(a) Blue prints.
(b) Horse breeding.
(c) Strength training.
3. What does the title of the book refer to?
(a) The house Tomie's father is building.
(b) A dream Tomie had.
(c) The address of the orphanage.
(d) His mother's childhood home.
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
(a) None of these.
5. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
(a) He is embarrassed about it.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He doesn't care about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Tomie's family on his mother's side?
2. What is the name of the town Tomie lives in at the beginning of the book?
3. What state does Nana Downstairs live in?
4. What year does this book start out in?
5. What happens to everyone in town during the natural disaster at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)