|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tomie signify his grandmothers?
(a) By their places of birth.
(b) By their first name.
(c) By where they live.
(d) By their last name.
2. What does Tomie say the first step of building things is?
(a) To make a foundation.
(b) To ask permission.
(c) To buy the land.
(d) To create plans.
3. Where does Tomie know candy is always hidden?
(a) The sock drawer.
(b) The medicine cabinet.
(c) The spice cabinet.
(d) The sewing box.
4. Why are people sent home early from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) The storm is coming.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) There is a holiday.
(d) The principal gets sick.
5. Who is Mrs. Crane?
(a) Tomie's best friend's mother.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Nana Fall Water live in?
2. Where does Tomie find what he thinks is candy when he can't find any in the regular spot?
3. What word does Tomie use most to describe his family?
4. What does Tomie want to be when he grows up?
5. What is Tomie's father building?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)