|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandmothers does Tomie have?
2. What is Tomie's father building?
(a) A farm.
(b) A playground.
(c) A house.
(d) A monument.
3. How does Tomie feel about the natural disaster that happens at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is amazed.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is excited.
4. What ethnicity is Tomie's extended family on his father's side?
(c) Puerto Rican.
5. Why does Tomie say he will never forget the year that this book starts out?
(a) He started school.
(b) The war started.
(c) His father died.
(d) There was a hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Tomie start at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Tomie's mother's name?
3. What ethnicity is Tomie's favorite grandfather?
4. Who does Tomie visit every Sunday?
5. How does Tomie feel about his heritage?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)